“Find somewhere else to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Air Motel

Alpine Air Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Alpine Air Motel
You added Alpine Air Motel to your Saves list
99 Saranac Ave., Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Victor, New York
“Find somewhere else to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I checked in Thursday evening and wasnt too impressed. Its old. The whole unit leans down hill. When you walk across the floor everything rattles. The bed is about 20 years old. Oh well...it was just me and it would do.

Friday evening the neighbors arrived. I went to bed at 9...was awoken at 10 to a thud, thud, thud. My bed was shaking ever so slightly with each thud. All they were doing was walking around in their room getting settled. I couldnt hear any voices. I finally fell back asleep...and again was awoken at midnight when the rest of their party arrived. Thud, thud, thud. The whole room shakes.

I had to change my plans for hiking on Saturday to something that didnt require as much time...as I had planned on getting up at 4am. I didnt end up waking up till 830.

No one in office at 9. Went and did my hike...came back...no one in the office at 4pm. 5pm I found the owner very defensive when I requested a refund. He would not give me a refund for my night of misery. I should have told him at midnight about the problem he said. So he could do what? I wasnt switching rooms at midnight, and you cant tell guests they cant walk around their room. We argued back and forth and he gave me a refund for my final night there. I packed my stuff and headed down the road and found somewhere else. IT WAS WORTH IT.

There is a reason why this place is so cheap! Anyday now and the place will crumble to the ground.

Also.....they housekeeper will make your bed...and thats it. Do not expect your room to be vaccumed, your trash to be emptied, your sink to be cleaned, or new towels to be supplied.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel is a bit aged, but very clean. The location was exceptional and the price was right. The staff was professional and polite and the room was very clean. We were looking for a place to just spend the night and this place fit the bill.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at this motel at the end of July because of a large rugby tournament being held in town. Most hotels were booked or far more expensive so I was happy to see both vacancy and affordability here. I really wasn't expecting much because of the price and so was okay with the sparse furnishings. The ridiculously uncomfortable bed was a rather unpleasant surprise though. It literally felt like there were nothing covering the mattress springs. Despite the discomfort the bed wasn't the issue. On a Saturday night we were at our motel room with 4 friends around 9 pm. We were waiting for a cab when I saw the front desk clerk. He indicated that our friends couldn't stay much longer and I told him I understood and that we were waiting for a cab, which he said was fine. Not even 5 minutes later our room phone rang, and it was "Vinny" from the front desk telling me he had changed his mind and my friends had to leave immediately. I reiterated that we would be leaving momentarily and were waiting for a cab and he told me that "if [I] gave him attitude I would be forced to leave also, with no refund."

We hadn't been an issue prior to this, and as result of his threat we left immediately by piling far too many people into a small car. I honestly don't know if he just assumed we were going to be an issue because of our age (mid-20's) but the treatment was uncalled for and rude. I sincerely hope this review causes people to think twice about staying there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I will never reserve a room at this hotel again. On my recent vacation i reserved a room here for my sister. I payed the first night for her,and reserved it for two more nights as well. About 5 days before she was supposed to arrive she had a change in schedule,and called to cancel one of the three nights. The staff was extremely rude with her. They said they were going to charge her for the night anyway at full price. They were so rude she ended up cancelling the other to nights and they immediatly went in and charged my credit card that day.
Also when you're actually there it appears much more run down than it does in the photos.

• Liked — it was in lake placid
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Laval, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

I was positively supprise considering the low pirce
Service was bad, the personal weren't that great, neither helpful...

Service 1/5
Clean 5/5
Confort 2/5

Room was great thought, I couldn't have hopep for anything more
Clean and non smelly :D
Fridge included :)

Overall considering the price it was safe and more than fine 4/5

It's at 20 minutes driving from WhiteFace
It.'s a 2 minutes driving from the village
No pool during wintertime and no other facilities

• Liked — Price, Cleaness, Location, Fridge
  • Disliked — Service, Non-Confort Bed
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

Especially when considering the low price of this property, this is quite a good choice to stay for budget travelers. Fact is, although a bit old, our room was clean and comfortable...and much better than any other cheap motel properties that I've seen before.

Stayed January 2008

Been to Alpine Air Motel? Share your experiences!