“Great lodging value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Air Motel

Alpine Air Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Alpine Air Motel
You added Alpine Air Motel to your Saves list
99 Saranac Ave., Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great lodging value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel is a bit aged, but very clean. The location was exceptional and the price was right. The staff was professional and polite and the room was very clean. We were looking for a place to just spend the night and this place fit the bill.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at this motel at the end of July because of a large rugby tournament being held in town. Most hotels were booked or far more expensive so I was happy to see both vacancy and affordability here. I really wasn't expecting much because of the price and so was okay with the sparse furnishings. The ridiculously uncomfortable bed was a rather unpleasant surprise though. It literally felt like there were nothing covering the mattress springs. Despite the discomfort the bed wasn't the issue. On a Saturday night we were at our motel room with 4 friends around 9 pm. We were waiting for a cab when I saw the front desk clerk. He indicated that our friends couldn't stay much longer and I told him I understood and that we were waiting for a cab, which he said was fine. Not even 5 minutes later our room phone rang, and it was "Vinny" from the front desk telling me he had changed his mind and my friends had to leave immediately. I reiterated that we would be leaving momentarily and were waiting for a cab and he told me that "if [I] gave him attitude I would be forced to leave also, with no refund."

We hadn't been an issue prior to this, and as result of his threat we left immediately by piling far too many people into a small car. I honestly don't know if he just assumed we were going to be an issue because of our age (mid-20's) but the treatment was uncalled for and rude. I sincerely hope this review causes people to think twice about staying there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I will never reserve a room at this hotel again. On my recent vacation i reserved a room here for my sister. I payed the first night for her,and reserved it for two more nights as well. About 5 days before she was supposed to arrive she had a change in schedule,and called to cancel one of the three nights. The staff was extremely rude with her. They said they were going to charge her for the night anyway at full price. They were so rude she ended up cancelling the other to nights and they immediatly went in and charged my credit card that day.
Also when you're actually there it appears much more run down than it does in the photos.

• Liked — it was in lake placid
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Laval, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

I was positively supprise considering the low pirce
Service was bad, the personal weren't that great, neither helpful...

Service 1/5
Clean 5/5
Confort 2/5

Room was great thought, I couldn't have hopep for anything more
Clean and non smelly :D
Fridge included :)

Overall considering the price it was safe and more than fine 4/5

It's at 20 minutes driving from WhiteFace
It.'s a 2 minutes driving from the village
No pool during wintertime and no other facilities

• Liked — Price, Cleaness, Location, Fridge
  • Disliked — Service, Non-Confort Bed
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

Especially when considering the low price of this property, this is quite a good choice to stay for budget travelers. Fact is, although a bit old, our room was clean and comfortable...and much better than any other cheap motel properties that I've seen before.

Stayed January 2008

Been to Alpine Air Motel? Share your experiences!