“No thrills, just great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Air Motel

Alpine Air Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Alpine Air Motel
You added Alpine Air Motel to your Saves list
99 Saranac Ave., Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Rochester, NY
“No thrills, just great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Yes, you will think you went into a time warp and ended up the 70's. Bottom line is that the room was comfortable and what you would expect for an older motel. It is the best value in town. Will definitely stay there again when we return for another ADK hiking trip next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lee1203

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at Alpine Air Motel last week. Value for what you get is great. I stayed for one night while on a mini ski vacation. After I checked out I noticed I had forgotten a piece of clothing in washroom. Contacted hotel and owner very professional in responding to my concerns. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The further you are from the main road the more peace and quite you will get
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 458andrewr
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Travelled to Lake Placid for a weekend, got there late on a Fri and checked out on Sun. But I loved this place. It is a bit dated, but it is well maintained, clean and comfortable. There's so much to do and see in Lake Placid, there's no need to spend a lot of time in the room. The rooms have a fridge, free wi-fi, free parking, tv with enough channels. The office is not open 24 hours but they made an exception for me checking in late. It's not far off Main St and easy to find. There's a supermarket across the road and plenty of shops and restaurants on Main St.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Emma S
Glurch2891
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

On a last minute getaway for Labor Day weekend, we were able to get a room at the Alpine Air Motel. I think the rest of the town was sold out! Thank goodness the weather was great because the hotel was not anyplace you want to spend any time. The furnishing were so old, they could shoot a 1960s TV Sitcom here without any problems. The pool is in a chain linked cage in the parking area. The appliances and lights have to share an outlet, i.e you have to unplug one to use the other. Thank goodness it was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. In a pinch it was okay, but just a slight improvement from sleeping in the car.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

For a quick overnight and a hike in the Adirondacks this motel is great....price is right. The location is perfect...near the restaurants, just outside Lake Placid and close enough to the High Peaks. You may have the pool (outdoors) to yourself. Motel is usually used by overnight guests.

Room Tip: Second floor quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rodge234
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I went for a four-day weekend to Lake Placid. We spent little time in our room, but found the accommodations more than enough for our admittedly simple needs and expectations. We had complimentary Wi-Fi, heat and AC, a fridge, and hot running water. We could walk to the center of Lake Placid in less than half an hour. When we checked out, the guy at the desk shook my hand and thanked me for staying. We had a very good experience considering the low cost we paid to stay.

Room Tip: We only shared a wall with one room, but never heard a peep regardless.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Benjamin J
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The Econolodge at the other end of town wanted 90+ dollars a night, got a room here for ~50.
The first room I got smelled quite a bit - made mention of this to front desk - they gave me the room next to it - it smelled less - bought a can of Febreeze, it helped. It is run down and not somewhere I would recommend to a couple or an asthmatic - but a great find for a hiker or kayaker who already smells a bit anyhow. I would stay here again, unless I found better accommodations at the same price, which in Lake Placid is probably not likely. Better than a rainy night in a tent, and close to downtown ~ 2 minute drive.

Room Tip: they were willing to provide me with another room after I found the first one a bit smelly, don'...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo