A friend and I stayed here for a night this week while attending a USA Bobsled recruiting camp. I was pleasantly surprised by both the cleanliness and coziness of this hostel. The kitchen is huge and features a commercial gas range as well as everything you could possibly need to cook your own meals. The host was extremely personable and insanely knowledgeable about local hiking and general "outdoorsy" stuff. They also have a great selection of board games and books if you have some extra time and need something to do. On a side note, they seem to be very proud to be a great staging spot for anyone looking to do the Lake Placid Ironman.
- Also Known As:
- Tmax-n-Topo`s Hostel & Private Rooms Hotel
- Tmax-n-Topo`s Hostel And Private Rooms
- Tmax-n-Topo`s Hostel & Private Rooms Hotel Lake Placid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TMax and topofgothics (Terri and David) met in the Adirondacks in 2003 and have hiked there together since. TMax-n-Topo’s offers everything from bunks starting at $28 a night to a private suite. Both are 46ers and have earned the 46er winter rocker. TMax is currently working the Grid and is half-way there, so we can offer lots of hiking information. David completed a thru-hike of the AT in 2009. TMax is a 115er and is working on the state high-points list and Colorado's 14-thousand footers. ... more less