“What a pleasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Latham, NY
“What a pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We and another couple stayed in our favorite hotel. Excellent accommodations as always. Quiet both evenings and cozy as ever. Perfect location and close to everything we love about Lake Placid. The only thing we dislike is having to leave. See you soon. thanks for everything!!
Andy/Donna- Paul /Yvonne

Room Tip: Front rooms around the office offer great views and easy access in and out.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

While the location is great, the room and service was disgusting!

The Mold smell in the room is a health hazard. It was disgusting! The front desk employee ran to turn on the heat before we entered the room. Once I entered the room, it was obvious that he did that to dry the moist & moldy air.

The most disgusting part was that a white multi legged bug was crawling on me while I was asleep. My son noticed it and yelled to wake me up. We were both freaking out. I left multi messages for Carol, the owner, to call me back, but she never did.
We tried to cancel the 2nd night and leave, but because of their stupid policy they don’t refund you. You leave, you lose. There are no exceptions to their rule.

I will never stay there again, nor recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mtviewin2011, Owner at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your review. It does seem strange nothing was mentioned about the mold (where?) or bug until the issue of the second night was mentioned. One of our busiest week-ends we were called at least 5 times during the day to see if we had re-rented the room as we always refund if we can re-rent the room. After repeated phone calls this guest came back and stayed the second night. Would you go back into a room that had mold and bugs? I think not. This customer had stayed with us before and gave us a good review.
Watertown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This motel is in a great location in Lake Placid! It is convenient to everything and the staff is very friendly! The rooms are clean and comfortable. We stayed here while my daughter competed in the Empire State Winter Games and the location was perfect for getting to the arena quickly. I would definitely stay here again and I would definitely recommend it to friends or family!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vernon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was our first time visiting Lake Placid so we didn't know what to expect. The Mountain View Inn was perfectly located, allowing us to walk to all the bars and restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised that their accomodations which included wi-fi. I would definately recommend this establishment to anyone spending a weekend in Lake Placid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We rented the cottage and It met our needs and beyond. The people who are I charge of the hhotel and this cottage were so nice! We are planning to stay here again when we have a winter event to attend in Lake Placid.

• Stayed January 2013
Baldwinsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is our 7th year staying at the Mountain View Inn. It's the perfect place because you park and everything is within walking distance downtown. The staff is helpful. We snowshoed Esther on one day and XC-skied the Jackrabbit the next. We can wait until the next time.

Room Tip: all rooms seem ok to me
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just spent the weekend at this hotel. It was the only hotel that had rooms available which made me skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised, this hotel was centrally located in the middle of town and the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. This will be my first call next time I'm heading to Lake Placid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!