“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
You added Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn to your Saves list
2764 Main Street, Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jefferson City, Missouri
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

We stayed at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn Jan 9-11. The place was immaculate - our room was spotless and well updated. The rates were great and we were within walking distance of all the downtown shops and attractions. Highly recommended for those looking for a clean place to stay at an affordable price.

• Liked — spotless room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Manlius, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

We booked an upscale room for the Holidays week at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn. It was a great stay for us and our two little kids. The upscale room we got was extremely spacious, and greatly appointed. Everything was new and the decor made it not only functional but extremely cozy. We loved the views from our window, the proximity to the village center, the courtesy and availability of management and staff. If we had to pick on something that would be the complimentary coffee+muffins one gets in the morning for breakfast which could be replaced by a more complete continental breakfast.
Overall however we had an incredible stay and we definitely recommend it.

• Liked — View, room size and decor, proximity to village
  • Disliked — Morning breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

This great little place in this quaint little town in the middle of NY, close to Whiteface ski resort, is the perfect place to stay. The owner, "Artie", is very friendly and hospitable. The rooms are clean and nice. The bathrooms are great too, complete with a mini fridge. However, the water pressure isn't the strongest. But if you are looking for an economical/practical place to stay, right downtown, this is by far the best!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
FLORIDA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

The atmosphere here is one of arrogance, some staff work for their money and they seem under pressure from the owners. The owner who booked us came across happy to pre book us, but when we arrived and changed our stay to include one less day, the owner threw a hissy fit right in front of us, he came to the front desk with his eraser and paper schedule and whined in disgust. Additionally, we have no coffee maker (like $10 today) in our room, and to top that off were told by the owners that coffee makers are reserved for the upscale rooms, on Christmas Day!!!! Ha Ha. The only thing upscale about Art Devlin's is the view of Whiteface. I beleive the owners feel because of the view there is no rush to please anyone. Ecxept for some staff ,the overall feel of Art Devlin's is a place where the once thriving hotel sector in Lake Placid has lost it's luster and appeal and some Hotel/Motel owners don't have what it takeS to please people at $90 a night. There are no door mats to brush the heAvy snow of your feet as you enter your room, we would recommend this hotel to travelers who need a room to place their things in and to put your head down for one night. P.S. Do not bring man's best friend either, it is not a Pet Friendly Hotel!!!

• Liked — THE VIEW
  • Disliked — THE HOTELS LACK OF CONCERN FOR THE GUESTS
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ArtDevlin, Owner at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2009
Everyone is eilable for the entire holiday period, which meant that anyone trying to book aftntitled to their opinion as to whether I, or the staff is friendly and professional but as for the rest I feel I need to correct a few accusations. First off, this guest didn’t cancel one extra day but five. This is normally not a big deal but it is not an option I can offer during the holiday period. When this guest booked his room he got the only room left that was avaer him had to be turned away. We do not have coffee makers in the standard rooms only in our new upscale section. We do set up coffee, tea, hot chocolate, doughnuts and homemade muffins in our lobby about 50 feet from his room. As for the rate charged, it was not $90 but $66 plus $4 for their dog for a total of $70. The not pet friendly accusation, I have no idea as we never saw his dog. I can only guess that our policy of not leaving the dog in the room unattended and having to walk the dog in the backyard was not suitable to his plans. Regarding the complaint about our motel quality I will let our three-diamond AAA rating, being in business for 55 years and our Trip Advisor rating speak for itself. Art
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

When I saw all of the other great reviews for this place, I decided to book a room. My husband and I stayed Monday thru Friday. The first great thing is that check in was 12pm. How great is that?? Most places have a 3 or 4pm check in, so I really appreciated those extra few hours. The next great thing is that it is pet friendly and you only have to pay $4 extra each day for your pet. The other places charge $10 or more per day. The rates for this inn are awesome. My rate was $106 per night and we got an upgraded room. For some reason I didn't think the room would be as nice as it was. But when I put my key in the door and opened it I was blown away. We had a King sized bed and let me tell you it was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. My body just melted when I got under the covers and I got the best sleep I've had in months. The ceilings were very high and it made the room more open and spacious. We had a huge flatscreen tv and two of the softest leather recliners that I have ever sat on. We also had a private deck that overlooked the mountains. The room was clean, crisp, and modern. Now on to the bathroom. Whoa. The bathroom was almost as big as the room itself. You just don't expect a bathroom to be that big. The ceilings in the bathroom are also high, making the room even bigger!! There was a huge walk in shower that could fit like 6 people it in. There were even 2 seats in the shower. Taking a shower there was a wonderful experience. There was a small fridge in the bathroom. I do wish that we had a microwave too but we didnt. The bathroom also had a jacuzzi. Yay!! It worked perfectly and was able to fit 2 people. There was a little light inside the jacuzzi that turned different colors so when you turned the lights down or off it looked like the water was changing colors. That was really cool. All I know is when you sat on the toilet and looked around the bathroom it was overwhelming. I have never been in a bathroom that big in my life. All in all, it was excellent. Even the housekeepers were friendly and cheerful and they even called me later in the day to see if I wanted my room cleaned because I had a do not disturb sign hanging on the door. The location was perfect. Most restaurants and shops were only a walk up the street. I will come here again and again and again. You should too :)

• Liked — The bed, bathroom, jacuzzi, shower, and the rate
  • Disliked — We didn't have a microwave
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Having decided to stay at Art Devlin's based on TripAdvisor reviews, I thought it only fitting to add one myself after a wonderful stay there!

My boyfriend and I has originally booked at another local hotel, but decided to cancel our prior reservation and book at Art Devlin's upon reading reviews on TripAdvisor. We reserved one of the specialty rooms over the phone and were delighted to find that not only was the room $30 cheaper, the fee for bringing my dog along was only $4 at Art Devlin's versus $30 at the other location. And I am so glad we did!

Not only am I certain that the room was better (more on that in a moment), the location was fantastic! Right on Main Street and within walking distance to all of the shops, dining and attractions, which made our stay so easy and comfortable.

As for the room, it was magnificent! Since this is my first stay at the inn, I can't comment on the regular rooms, but I must say the Specialty Room was a wonderful bargain! The room itself was very large and lovely, with a king-sized bed and a 42" plasma TV. The bathroom is the best part, though! A 2-person jacuzzi tub under a beautiful picture window with a lovely view of the mountains. And the largest shower I've ever seen! All in all, the room was very clean and well-maintained, and an absolute steal for the price of $119 a night!

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to travel to Lake Placid!

Stayed October 2008
Capital Region of NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

This was our first stay at Art Devlin's and it won't be our last! A nice mtel with large and clean rooms by today's standards at some of the big chain hotels. The bathroom was modern and imaculate. The beds were comfortable and the wi-fi was a nice touch to stay connected to the outside world. We plan to travel to Lake Placid next year and I will not even consider other accomadations. Pricing for the rooms varies throughout the seasons as event come to the area. If you can go mid week with no other events in the area you will probably get the best price. Don't let price stop you though!

• Liked — Super Clean!!!!!
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn? Share your experiences!