“Good find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
Save Saved
You added Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn to your Saves list
2764 Main Street, Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Albany, New York, United States
“Good find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean. The room with the king bed had a comfortable sitting area. Refrigerator in each unit. Front desk personnel friendly and helpful. Location within walking distance to Lake Placid Brew Pub. Easy to find and convenient to Whiteface.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been going to Lake Placid for years, staying at the Mirror Lake Inn, Crown Plaza, Marriott, High Peaks Resort, etc. We are very particular about where we stay and like better hotels. For years we saw Art Devlin's motel/hotel and we always wrote it off due to it 'looking like' an average motel from the outside. We once ran into the owner of the Sherwood Inn several years back who we know and he said he stayed at Art Devlin's when he comes up. We were perplexed and wondered why the owner of another Inn would stay at, what we thought was just an average Inn - confused, then forgot about it...

Fast forward several years after I am now an avid Trip Advisor "Top Contributor" and searched on the top places to stay in Lake Placid 'just for the heck of it' as we **Thought** we knew what the top places to stay were. I am again perplexed as to why Art Devlin's came to the top. Now I said to myself, there is something more to the story here, this place must be better than what we thought based on the outside facade of the place. I then saw online the "Spacious Suite" and said, if we are going to 'take a chance', let's book the best room they have.

Well, to out delight, this place was comfortable, clean, well kept and the staff was great. We would put it in the same category or above of some of the places I mentioned above. The spacious suite was very reasonable and had the best view of any room I have stayed in while in Lake Placid. I will DEFINITELY STAY HERE AND IN THIS ROOM AGAIN.

You see - never judge a place by the facade (cover) as you can be pleasantly surprised to the quality that exists on the inside as this is what counts for a stay.

Room Tip: The spacious suite was very reasonable and had the best view of any room I have stayed in while in L...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is the best value you can find! We booked an upscale room for the past week for a short winter ski holiday. The room was spotless and clean. Two Queen beds with upgraded mattress' and bedding; widescreen television with more than ample cable channels; dual heating thermostat for bedroom & bathroom and fridge/microwave/coffee maker. The shower seemed supply endless hot water. Main office coffee was okay and muffins were better than expected. Breakfast at "Chair 6" is amazing - short walk down the road.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for upgraded room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed for one night on Friday, March 8th. I had not made a reservation since there was a snowstorm that morning and I was uncertain whether we could make the 4 hour trip North. I called the resort that day and the woman who answered told me they had some availability and was gracious enough to share the local weather conditions. I told the woman on the line that I would call her back and reserve if I was able to get onto the highway and assess driving conditions. Two hours into our drive I called back to make the reservation and I was stunned when she told me not to search in my wallet for my credit card while driving or stop on the road. She offered to hold a room for me regardless. When I checked in the woman who I had spoken to on the phone was still working and greeted me by name. She gave us a nice quiet room for my two young kids and our small dog in the back of the property. My son was mesmerized by all the trophies and medals which are showcased in the lobby and visited several times to stop and stare.

Parking was easy, however, getting to the room was a little scary. The parking lot was covered in patches of black ice and I was very concerned to carry the bags to the room. I normally would carry everything myself but I was rightfully worried and requested that my kids help with some of the smaller bags. They walked ahead and I saw them slip and fall which helped me figure out which way not to go. My daughter also fell down and hurt herself later that night while walking the dog in the back of the property. My only complaint about the property is that mangement needs to better clean and salt the parking lot and area where dogs are to be walked. There also needs to be more lighting in the back area so that you can see the ice clearly.

Since were were staying just one night I chose the most basic of rooms. However, I know they offer a variety of uprgraded rooms and suites at the inn. Although our particular room was not the most modern it was clean and functional (along the lines of a Comfort Inn). I was surprised to see a granite bathroom counter/sink and flat screen tv. It was nice and quiet, however, when the folks from the room above us woke up in the middle of the night I could hear them walk across the room. Although I wish the floors were a little bit more soundproof I can't complain too much since I paid $108 for the evening (including all taxes and dog fee). All the other nearby hotels were charging approximately $200+ (not including exorbitant pet fees). This hotel is simply outstanding value for the money and in the future I would probably just request a room on their top floor.

The hotel is right on Main Street and although it is a few blocks from where the action is (the Ice arena), I liked the fact that it seemed much less busy than some of the larger hotels up the street. I remain bowled over the excellent customer service I received from this woman while on the phone and at check-in. Although I can not recall her name I hope the hotel owners/management will share my feedback. I normally stay at 4 and 5 star resorts but I found her can-do attitude alone to be missing in many of the hotel staff at other hotels in the area.

I hope to return in mid-June if the hotel will allow a 3 night stay during horseshow week (when visitors stay in the area for 10 nights). I would very much like to try out one of their suites if possible and post a review. I am an extremely picky person and even considering the icy parking lot I heartily recommend staying at Art Devlin's Inn.

Room Tip: Pick the highest floor so you do not hear your upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a great place - quiet, clean, good location, helpful staff. Nothing fancy but everything you need for a great price. Places like this make travel affordable. And several rooms are reserved for dogs!

Room Tip: Some rooms have mountain views which are very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newtown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We spent 4 nights in Lake Placid during the holidays last year and couldn't wait to return. Last time we stayed in town and it was too noisy into the wee hours of the morning. I like that Art Devlin's location is on the edge of town. It was quiet at night, yet an easy walk into town.

Our first visit to Art Devlin's was in the summer of 2005. This place keeps getting better. We did not see the staff much over our 4 night stay. Check-in was smooth as was checkout. This time we stayed in an upscale room and were fortunate to get one with a jetted tub. The tub was perfect after a day on the slopes or cross-country skiing. The bathroom itself is one of the nicest one will find anywhere.

The king bed was comfortable and our room had a great balcony view of the ski jumping facility and the High Peaks in the distance. The internet was a little spotty, but OK. The large flat screen was nice, but did not offer any HD channels. We had a smaller refrigerator in the bathroom. And did I mention how clean the room was?

There are lots of good places to eat near by including the Lake Placid Brewery Pub and Liquids and Solids. Getting to town is a 10-minute walk. We will definitely stay here on our return trip.

Room Tip: All the Upscale rooms are good size and have great balcony views from the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed there last weekend when we took the grandkids to the North Pole. The Motor Inn is a short drive and right on main St. The rooms were large, modern and very clean. I have stayed in about 6 different places in Lake Placid and would definately stay here again! Side note...try Lisa G's around the corner for food. Good time!

Oh yeah, check in was 2 mins and check out was 30 secs!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn? Share your experiences!