“Absolutely the warmest place I could have stayed on my trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stagecoach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Stagecoach Inn
You added Stagecoach Inn to your Saves list
370 Old Military Road, Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Gatineau, Canada
“Absolutely the warmest place I could have stayed on my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

From the moment we stepped through the door into the know known OLDEST home in Lake Placid, we were greeted by the kindest hostess Mary-Pat.

The interior design is just beautiful, and to think the building was almost in ruins about 4 years ago. To top it off, the owners have done all the reno's and decorating themselves. Absolutely wonderful job.

The rooms are very cozy, with private bathrooms and a few with private balconies. The beds are quite comfortable with soft down pillows.

Just when you think it's not going to get any better, here's home made breakfast in the morning. Fresh homemade seasonal fruit salad, with breads picked up from the baker that morning, home made jams and cereals (yes...home made granola cereal).

From start to finish this stay cannot be beat. I wouldn't even call it a stay... more like an experience in itself. If you're looking for the true Adirondack experience, this place HAS to be on your to-do list.

Thank you very much Mary-Pat & Tony for the wonderful stay. We'll certainly be returning shortly!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Stagecoach Inn 25 years ago. It was even better this time when returned with our two girls, ages 18 & 14. We all had the best time of our lives thanks to Mary Pat & Tony. We've stayed at many inns and hotels across the US, Canada, and the UK but NEVER have we had better hosts! From "social hour" each day to sharing homemade granola recipes, the memories of this welcoming inn will last a lifetime for all of us. We WILL get back to Lake Placid someday and we most definitely will stay at the Stagecoach Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

If you are looking for a cookie cutter place you can find anywhere, then this is not it. However, if you want a real Adirondack experience - this is just the place. We cannot say enough about the innkeepers, Mary Pat and Tony. They are so accomodating without being at all intrusive. We were there to do the Lake Placid Half Marathon which began early in the am. I probably shouldn't let this out - but - they got up early for us to get us breakfast. Every nook and cranny has something new and unique to see. They are also really interesting and just good people - Mary Pat and Tony made the experience really special. On the way home we were already planning how we can get back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Long Valley, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

When we decided to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in the Adirondacks, we chose the Stagecoach Inn hoping it would be as beautiful as it seemed on the website and it was absolutely perfect in every way. This original 1830’s stagecoach inn has been lovingly restored to perfection with original yellow birch floors, bead board walls, and yellow birch accents throughout, and decorated with appropriate period furniture and antiques. It is centrally located in the high peaks district just outside of Lake Placid, so we got to visit all of the places we wanted to see. But the best part of the whole experience was Mary Pat and Tony, the owners and innkeepers. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. From homemade breads, and granola, scrumptious organic sausage and herbed scrambled eggs for breakfast to the complimentary wine and cheese platter each evening, we felt very spoiled. They shared with us their knowledge of the area, making perfect suggestions for hikes, lunch on the lake and a special place for our anniversary dinner. They even drove us so we could enjoy a bottle of wine without worrying about driving back. This is a must stay place for both couples and families. The rooms are comfortable, gorgeous and clean and the wide enormous porch is a perfect way to start or end your day. We can’t say enough good about the Stage Coach Inn. We loved our time there and hope to come back. We even fell in love with their dogs!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
The Villages, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

If you are looking for a true Adirondack experience I doubt you could do any better than the Stage Coach Inn. It shares all the architectural features of the Adirondack great camps as well it should in that sections of the original building date back to the early 1800’s and it was in fact a stage coach stop and Inn. So in my mind many of the features and use of natural resources used to construct the Inn could have had an impact on the subsequent architecture of the Region. I found the Inn and the Innkeeper to be both warm and friendly but not over the top or overbearing. My stay was wonderful and the wine, cheese and conversation at the end of the day a must do. Note, the wine is fine but bring a bottle of your favorite to share with and help educate Mary Pat, she’s a beer drinker you know.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I went to Lake Placid as a little getaway. I found the Stagecoach Inn on-line a thought it was the perfect place to do some reflection. As I walked the wrap around veranda to the entrance, I realized that this was more than I could have imagined. Every cozy corner in the Inn is tastefully and beautifully decorated with an eye for antiques. I stayed four days, and every day I discovered something new.
My room, the Jenny Suite, was warm, inviting and private. There was no detail unattended to. This particular wing of the Inn had a private entrance which allowed me to be as social as I wanted.
Every evening I was graced with a lovely glass of wine and the company of Mary-Pat. A more apt host for a bed and beakfast would be hard to find. She is always available but never intrusive. Breakfast was wonderful and her home made granola will impress even the most discerning of taste buds. Mary-Pat's recommendations for dining in Lake Placid were spot-on! Do try Cafe Rustica if you are there!
My only regret was that I couldn't stay longer. It really felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Westfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We just visited the Stage Coach Inn and could not have had a better experience. Mary Pat and Tony were gracious hosts who made us feel right at home from the time we walked in. The inn has a wonderful rustic charm.. It is reminiscent of an Adirondack Great Camp while maintaining a cozy and intimate atmosphere. Mary Pat, an interior decorator, has a terrific sense of style and has decorated the inn with wonderful flair. There is always something to see in surprising nooks and crannies. The bedroom was decorated beautifully and the little touches just added to the charm. Breakfasts were fabulous with many choices but not too large and overfilling. In warmer weather, the large porch offers many Adirondack chairs and tables in conversation groupings. We were offered wine and cheese each evening with lively conversation with our hosts. It has the advantage of not being right in the middle of the main thoroughfare, but is a very short drive away from the "downtown". This B&B is well worth the price and more. It is truly a gem.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Stagecoach Inn? Share your experiences!