“What a unique experience...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake House

You added Lake House to your Saves list
Lake House
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   1 Mirror Lake Drive, Lake Placid, NY 12946-1105 (Formerly Lakeview Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Midweek Madness
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
New York City, New York
“What a unique experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After a long drive, my wife and I arrived to a warm greeting from "AJ", the on duty "host" at the Lake House...We unpacked and went into the bar area to unwind...Eli, the bartender, provided a welcoming and entertaining evening...Being an early riser, I was able to watch a beautiful sunrise over Mirror Lake...I was greeted in the lobby by morning host, John, who told me a little bit about the town and provided a number of helpful suggestions of where to find early morning coffee and a good breakfast...
Clean, friendly personnel, and perfectly located in the village of Lake Placid...Any future trips to Lake Placid and I will be reserving a room here...And there will be future trips!

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the lake
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nassau, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My experience at the Lake House was one I will never forget. The Lake house was very clean, warm, and inviting. The staff made you feel right at home and were very accommodating. As long as they keep that type of atmosphere I will be booking my stay there when ever I plan a trip to Lake Placid.

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The view from my room was beautiful. The services with fantastic. Where the hotel is located it's in the ideal location very close working distance to shops, restaurants and movie theater.
Even though it was a business trip I enjoyed myself very much. Everyone was very hospitable, 2 thumbs for me.

Room Tip: The room was very clean and decorated really nice.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I always like going to Lake Placid, this was my first time staying at the Lake House. The staff were very friendly & professional. I would recommend this hotel to my family & friends. I will stay here upon my next visit. Hopefully, that will be in the summer/fall of this year.

Delanson Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place was wonderful!! From the friendly and helpful staff, to the gorgeous views and spotless rooms (with balconies!) I felt so at home and will only stay at The Lake House when I visit Lake Placid. Don't waste your money or time anywhere else! ❤️

Sherrill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had this trip planned for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend who abruptly broke up with me right before the trip for his ex. so Needless to say I still went and had a amazing time alone . This hotel was excellent!! just what I needed. The staff was super friendly and helpful with telling the best place to eat and go out downtown. The room was cozy and modern and super clean and the shower was AMAZING !! The view was beautiful from my room and I watched dogsled rides right on the lake out side my room . Needless to say i had a amazing time at the lake house and I will be back I highly recommend !!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awesome, cute, cozy, hotel. Staff very friendly. Clean rooms and right in town, walking distance from everything. Nice lounge area in the lobby with bar and fireplace. Can't wait to go back. Pool was also a nice bonus.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
HighPeaksResort, AJ - Lake House Host at Lake House, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Thomas S!!

Thank you for your review of our Lake House! The newly renovated building definitely has a look and character all its own. Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our easy distance to everything as well!

Hope to see you again soon,

AJ
Host, Lake House

Been to Lake House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lake House

Address: 1 Mirror Lake Drive, Lake Placid, NY 12946-1105 (Formerly Lakeview Motor Inn)
Location: United States > New York > Lake Placid
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Romantic Hotel in Lake Placid
#8 Family Hotel in Lake Placid
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Lake House 3.5*
Since 1961, Lake House has been part of the Lake Placid community, with its rich Olympic history and beautiful, natural surroundings. We welcome you to share our home – as well as our trails, lakes and slopes – whether this is your first trip to Lake Placid or an annual tradition. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lakeview Motor Hotel Lake Placid

If you own or manage Lake House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.