“Best bang for your buck” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake House

Save Saved
You added Lake House to your Saves list
Lake House
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   1 Mirror Lake Drive, Lake Placid, NY 12946-1105 (Formerly Lakeview Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 31 hotels in Lake Placid
Trenton, Canada
“Best bang for your buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Simplicity and price of staying in a motel when in fact your are sleeping in a newly renovated hotel room. Great price, friendly staff and perfect location. Lake House is 20 steps away from downtown and the millions restaurants/bars and boutiques.

Would I recommend to a friend and my family..... Definetely !

Room Tip: They offer differents discount of which you may qualify. Room newly renovated.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Gui,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the newly renovated Lake House on Tripadvisor.

We think we've got a great hotel as well, and are thrilled that you found the staff, location, and value to be exceptional. I'll be sure to share your comments with our Lake House Hosts- - Lauren, Nichole, and John.

We all look forward to your next visit, and are here to help you make the most of it!

All the best,
Matthew.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wabush
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed there for 6 nights in early July. Highly recommend it.....loved everything about it. Great location, clean, trendy and awesome view, will stay there again in the future and will recommend to friends when travelling

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at Lake House! We're thrilled with the outcome of the renovation of this great Lake Placid classic - and your positive response to the fun decoration and the incredible reviews are exactly what we hope every guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon - and sharing Lake House with you during the fall or winter.

Please let us know if we can help organize your next stay!

All the best,
Matthew.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spacious rooms, excellent view from your patio or balcony and you can use all the amenities from the High Peaks resort. There is an indoor pool and hot tub right in the Lake house and you can use the fitness room in the main building just across the road. Lots of amenities here.
We have stayed here many times over the years; problems have been few and they have been attended to promptly. The only downfall is that you have to pay extra for a microwave and refrigerator if you want one in the room.

Room Tip: The banquet hall can get noisy - it's on the south side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Lake House. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your suggestion about the microwave - we have levied a small charge for use of a microwave, which I am presently reviewing. However, you should not have been charged for a refrigerator, as we happily provide them on a first-come basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House very soon, and I look forward to sharing your review with our whole crew!

I hope you have a wonderful summer.

Best Regards,

Whitesboro, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family stayed at the Lake House and attended a wedding reception in the main building. Check-in was a bit confusing as I was unsure that I could actually check in at the Lake House building. There was a table in the lobby with a laptop on it. A sign would be helpful. Our room was clean. Both the beach and outdoor pool were great and my family enjoyed. A refrigerator in the room would be a nice especially for families. I also think that the hotel should try and do a bit of recycling. Containers for plastic and glass bottles could be placed by vending to encourage this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The lake house was the perfect place for my family and dog. The rooms were spacious and stylish. We were on the lower floor which was ideal for having a dog. There is a back door in the room so you can easily walk the dog or just sit outside and stare at the beautiful mountainous/lake view. We didn't have to use our car to walk to the stores and restaurants. The lake house is a perfect location and perfectly functional. We will definitely be visiting again. My only negative was that the bathroom wasn't cleaned very well.

• Stayed July 2014
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts about Lake House! We are also very excited about the stylish renovation, and are happy to hear and share that excitement shared by our guests.

I will be reviewing your comments with our housekeeping department.

We look forward to welcoming your whole family back to lake house in the very near future.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can help organize your next stay.

With kindest regards,
Lake Placid, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would have to classify the Lake House as the unwanted step child of the High Peaks Resort. It is located across the street from the higher end High Peaks but unless you know the two places are one business, you do not know where to check in. It looks like the Lake House was another hotel at one point and they bought it and included it into the High Peaks. So unless you are aware of the check in process being across the street, you will be walking around looking for a lobby. The place is clean but was recently painted and the smells are so strong that it could make some people sick if they do not like paint smells. The gray and red paint scheme is really out of place and makes the rooms look dark and uninviting. The front desk clerk was efficient but not very friendly. She checked me in very quickly but seemed like I was more of a bother to her than being a guest. The way she talked to the two other employees was not very nice either. I do not remember her name but her tag did say Front Desk Supervisor so that was disappointing to see. She is not a woman I would feel comfortable working for at all. One of the exit doors in the Lake House is labeled Exit but when you open the door the emergency bell sounds. Probably would help to have that marked as an emergency exit instead of just a normal exit. The room I had has new furniture and television but the signal on the tv kept going in and out. The wifi was spotty at best. The Dancing Bears restaurant is great and has great service though. Prices are a bit high there but welcome to tourist town USA. If they would just retrain the staff a bit out being friendly and updated the weird paint scheme and lowered the price a bit, it would be a decent place to stay. The High Peaks across the street has much nicer rooms and higher prices so I think they just got stuck with this property and did not know what exactly to do with it. Parking seems to be an issue too. It filled up pretty quick and then people just parked wherever they were able to fit their vehicles. They also allow pets and the barking can be heard through the walls if the dog decides he wants to be loud. Every time someone shuts a door on either side of your room, you will hear it and feel it. The location is great though because once you check in, you will be able to walk to pretty much everything in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid review of Lake House. We are all very excited and proud of the renovation completed in June, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and Dancing Bears.

I am sorry to hear that you found the reception to be below expectations - and I will be following up with the team to ensure that every interaction is thoughtful, friendly, and warm. The arrival process is very important, and I will review our direction for check-in.

The Lake House design has been very well-received, and I understand that tastes vary. The overall design is intended to keep the focus on the views and beauty of the outdoors. I am disappointed that you encountered residual paint smells, and apologize for that.

I would welcome a conversation with you to resolve your dissatisfaction. Please feel free to contact me at the resort.

With kind regards,
Cadyville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just stayed there on July 19th. Hotel is clean and going through renovations. Staff was really friendly and room was o.k. We were on the bottom floor which is lake view from the room but if you sit outside in the chairs the view is lost. You look at an overgrown hedge. What they need to do is cut 2ft off the top of the hedge and you will be able to see the lake (when sitting in the chairs on the patio) and still have privacy from the road. The coffee maker did not work correctly and I left a note for the maids so that will hopefully get fixed. It was a little noisy in the rooms hearing everything out in the halls. For the price it was clean and close to shopping and nicely renovated. Just o.k. and a little disappointed because of reasons listed. Need to renovate the hedge so you have the view from the bottom room outside. Would stay there again but would want upper room unless the hedge gets cut a little bit (easy fix). We were only there one night.

Room Tip: Bottom room o.k. but you lose the Lake view when you sit outside on the patio. Choose upper floor if...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Lake House.
We are very excited about our newly renovated hotel, and are grateful for your feedback to ensure that it exceeds all expectations with our guests.
The landscaping is ongoing this summer, and I will review the height and trimming of the hedges to address your concerns about the views. The hedges are meant also to create a bit of privacy for those rooms located on the first floor, but also are meant to allow the view to be seen from those rooms.
I apologize that your coffee maker did not function properly, and have followed up with housekeeping to ensure that it is replaced.
Thank you for your comments about our friendly staff and the cleanliness of the building.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House again, and don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can help with your next stay in any way.

With kind regards,
Matthew Wheeler

Been to Lake House? Share your experiences!