“Will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I really enjoy this hotel. There are a few different buildings that are part of the resort. We were going to stay in a room on the hillside but were pleasantly upgraded to a lake side room upon arrival. The rooms are clean and very up-to-date. The price is expected as it is a nice place to stay right on Main St in LP. You are within walking distance from tons of shops, restaurants, and activities. The staff was friendly and helpful. I ate breakfast at the Dancing Bears cafe and had a really good, house-made bulgur/oatmeal with fruit compote. You can find some cheaper options off Main St but for the price this is a great place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Liberty
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Service at this place is horrible. First of all asked for king bed and 'received double or queen whatever they may be calling it. Called and they tell you to ask when you get here they will try to accommodate you. Upon check-in guess what they had no king beds. Get the room and shower is dirty. Walk further into room and the carpet stained and dirty. And there idea of a view of the lake is looking out at the roof with the actual units looking at you. This is going to be a horrible week here. Wish everything wasn't sold out or I wwould be gone. As for quiet you can heat the room next door opening and closing there closet and room doors. Not one of the nicest places I've been to. Would never come back to this place or recommend it to anyone. If you have kids you can t give them a bath there is no bathtub. But I guess you wouldn't want to if they don't clean them.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HighPeaksResort, Front Office Manager at High Peaks Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Lynn709:
Thank you for bring your experience with us to our attention. I apologize you were disappointed with your visit. Please contact me at your earliest convenince so we may discuss further and resolve.

Nikki Thompson
Director of Front Office Services
High Peaks Resort
nthompson@highpeaksresort.com
(v) 518-523-4411
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed several times in the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid NY, a fully renovated/reinvented Hilton property; the most recent time I stayed was a couple of nights in mid-May, 2013. I usually stay as part of a small conference group that returns annually to the HPR, but the rate I pay is the going rate for that time of the year and seems a bargain, but may well be reduced somewhat as mid-May may be an off-season. My room has always been clean, ready on arrival, fully stocked with bath items, comfortable bed with extra pillows, and a few appointment extras that one normally finds in higher cost properties. There is a restaurant on the property, but I always have made it a point to go off-site for meals, occasionally perhaps to my disadvantage. The HPR is conveniently located at one end of Lake Placid's Main Street, which allows a nice stroll up one side and down the other to cover the full suite of all that downtown Lake Placid has to offer. If you are watching your budget and want to overnight in Lake Placid, you can't do better than the High Peaks Resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wilton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I wish there was a choice for 3.5 but there isn't so I rounded up. Overall hotel was nice, clean and very comfortable bed but I did not find it too be particularly upscale. I needed a pet free room which apparently is difficult in Lake placid. Hotel was advertised between 119-129 but when I asked for Pet free they said pet free they said they only have pet free on the 5th floor and those rooms are 149. She did give me 10% off because it was my husbands birthday but I still found it frustrating especially since it was extremely off season and many of the stores/ restaurants were not even open. Hotel pool was extremely basic, and hot tub was nice but not quite hot enough. location was excellent. rt in the middle of town with beautiful view of the lake and mountains. This is rated as 4 star hotel in same class as Mirror Lake Inn but they are worlds apart. Of course there price is too, so as they say I guess you get what you pay for. Overall worth it for the 135 plus tax that we paid but if I had pd full price or in season prices I would have been dissappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wallkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just came back from a great weekend in Lake Placid and the highlight was the High Peaks Resort. This is the 2nd year we have stayed here - the first time in 2012 in the main lodge and this past weekend in the rooms on Mirror Lake. The location is awesome, being centrally located on Main Street there is great walking to shops and restaurants. The hotel is very nice - we spent alot of time in the Dancing Bears restaurant, food was very good and the late night nightlife was fun. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I must start my review out by saying high peaks resort is in a fabulous location to main street!
We purchased our room on priceline and definitely got more than I payed for.
Positives:
1) King size room,380sq ft, but seemed much larger.
2) Large leather couch to relax on(pull out sofa, if needed)
3) medium-large bathroom with large shower-only with 2 shower heads! loved it!
4) TV speakers in the bathroom, adjustable volume
5) last but not least very nice staff, extremely helpful with our only negative.
Negative:
1)Room was very noisy- but we did happen to be by the elevator and door leading out to the garage. We asked if we could change rooms and immediately were given an option to take a much quiter room on the 4th floor, but after checking the 2 double room, i decided the king room was much more spacious and worth the extra noise during busy times.
Thank you high peaks for making our trip to lake placid a relaxing stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

First of all I would like to thank this hotel for offering me the nice upgrade on their main building. My reservation was originally for the Lakeview building. I have stayed at the High Peaks before but this is my first time reviewing it.
The great thing about this hotel is the location, steps from Main St. and short walk to restaurants and shops. The amenities offered in here are very nice, the gym, the indoor pool, etc.
I stayed here for 2 days on 5/3/13, room 322. The room was big with a beautiful bathroom. My only disappointment was the bed. The mattress was uncomfortable because when I lay on it I sunk in at least a foot. It wasn't firm enough and that was a problem. In the room there was a sectional with a pull out Queen bed. I slept on it for the second night and it was uncomfortable as well. I dealt with the bed issues for both nights and definitely notified the front desk while checking out.
The last time I stayed here there was not a problem with the bed so i am guessing each room has different beds and mattresses. It was definitely unfortunate not being able to get a good night's rest especially after a long day of hiking the high peaks.
The room was mostly clean but I definitely saw a lot of dirty spots on the corners, under couch and hard to reach areas of the room, I didn't care much but I think the cleaning crew should do a better job.
The balcony was dusty with lots of spider webs. I had to wipe the seats and table so I could sit and enjoy dinner there.
The coffee in the room is just plain and not good. One hotel I have stayed at in town with a lesser rate offers Colombian coffee in its rooms. The coffee from here comes from who knows where and doesn't even have a fresh taste. Don't waste your time with it and go to a local coffee shop.
The stairs that lead to Main St. are in horrible shape and the gardening is very poor, if they charge so much for a night here why are there so many things wrong with this hotel? Where is the money going? None of my business but well I guess it is what it is.
The staff were friendly though when I checked in, the receptionist didn't mention the amenities and did not offer me the map of the building she gave other guests that checked in before me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to High Peaks Resort? Share your experiences!