“Ski holiday with the fam!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery serves great beers and delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere. Since 1996, the LPP&B has been Lake Placid's pub of choice, with the freshest microbrewed ales and lagers, including the famous Ubu Ale, and traditional pub fare sure to please everyone.
Thousand Islands Ontario
“Ski holiday with the fam!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Of the three nights we stayed in Lake Placid, this was our last night. Good time and good food. We had a it of a wait, but there is lots to occupy yourself on the first floor. You check in on the second floor and we were seated on the third floor, but darts, a pool table and sports on the screen were more than enough to keep us going. Oh! I forgot about the beverages! Awesome beers! Didn't have one that was bitter in the samplers ordered. Great place!

Visited December 2013

Suffern, New York
“Must go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at the bar (2nd floor) on two for Tuesday beer night. Beers are great and the food too! The wings were average but our entrees, I got the turkey burger and hubby got the Josh fish dish, were really good. Try the BBQ sauce! The mini s'mores were plenty for the 2 of us and fun to assemble! Bartender Steve had great food recommendations and was very attentive. Great dining experience!

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Very good pub fare and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited there during a busy holiday weekend and our wait time was less than expected. We were staying at the Hampton and I am pleased to report that the pager service does extend to the lobby of the hotel .

We started with the fried pickles which were interesting and tasty. My daughter had the Josh 's fire fish which was like a buffalo fish and chips. I had the soup and salad because I could not resist the potato cheeseburger soup which did not disappoint .My husband enjoyed the black bean burger and my son had the turkey meal which was enormous. We all enjoyed the food.

The beer was very tasty. We tried the 46 ers Pale Ale and Lake Placid IPA. My only disappointment was that I wanted to have a glass of Chardonnay and they ran out,

Our server was very friendly and attentive. This is a good value and worth the wait. We will return !

Glenville, New York
“Typical pub fare with good beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visited on a very busy holiday weekend so a long wait for a table of 8 was expected. Ended up waiting an hour and fourty-five minutes we got the call for our table, located in the third floor (first floor is a nice pub, second and third floors are seating for the restaurant).

The food offerings were typical . The chicken wings were good. My son had a Schultzy burger (cheese burger), which he said was okay, not spectacular. My wife had the maple melt (grilled chicken sandwich). It was good. I had the hot turkey dinner. The turkey and mashed potatoes were very tasty. My youngest son was not happy with the dinosaur shaped chicken tenders.

The beer we sampled was very good. The waitress was friendly and helpful.

Cohoes, NY
“Great atmosphere to end a busy day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for his birthday and chose here for dinner after a long day of activities. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. It was a bit loud, but in a good way. Seemed everyone was enjoying themselves. Our waitress was great, and engaged in conversation and didn't seem rushed to get somewhere else. The food was good, we had nachos for an app and they were huge and tasty. My boyfriend had ribs and I had a steak sandwich for dinner. It was the perfect combination of fun and relaxation for his birthday.

• Visited November 2013