“Favorite for Locals and Tourists Alike” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery serves great beers and delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere. Since 1996, the LPP&B has been Lake Placid's pub of choice, with the freshest microbrewed ales and lagers, including the famous Ubu Ale, and traditional pub fare sure to please everyone.
Lake Placid, New York
“Favorite for Locals and Tourists Alike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Love the pub. This place is always busy but we still always have a good time! Good value, good service, good food and good beer. They usually have at least 6 of their own beers on tap and they constantly rotate their selections. PJs is a downstairs bar where you can go just to have a pint or two. If you want good pub-fare they recently added a 3rd floor so now there are two levels to sit and eat.

• Visited February 2013

Newark, Delaware
“Delicious dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Delicious dinner! Well worth the wait. Arrive early. Parking is a pain! We were there for dinner and had an hour wait. Try the beer.

• Visited February 2013
Middletown, Maryland
“UBU Ale is King”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

That is really all you need to know.

However, if you want to know more, the food is great, service is friendly. Sometimes they get busy, never had a bad meal though. Specific point to stop there any time I'm in the area at least for lunch.

• Visited January 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“was there 10 days visited LPPB twice!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

UBU the best beer... Artichoke crab dip amazing... waffle fries perfect to watch superbowl... fried whole fish fillet on buffulo sauce nothing gourmet about it but surprisingly fun to eat. and the mecca of all smoked ribs...with maple and beear sauce..complimented by nice crispy large fries!!! seriously i 'm going to stop... bye... just go.
I wish that for every review they would send me a six pack and 1/2 rack.

Visited February 2013
Lee, Massachusetts
“Great service, but poor management planning.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were on vacation in Lake Placid and chose not to eat out all week instead cooking in. On our last night we chose to go out to dinner. We are beer enthusiasts so we decided on the Lake Placid Brewery. When we arrived we noticed that there were three floors. The bottom looking like a dimly lit bar room, with what seemed a limited menu, The second floor a real brewery feeling bar, and the third a seemly classier restaurant. the first and the second floor having the same menu. we went into the second floor because we wanted the brewery feel. there were many tables available, but the hostess said she would have to seat us on the upper level. we saw her grab menu's so we assumed it was the same up there. we were seat and the very nice waitress came to take our order. I ordered the Beer Sampler off the front of the menu which had been placed in front of me. the waitress then informed me that they did not have the sampler on the third floor of the BREWERY. I was confused so I asked for a minute to think, when she returned I questioned why they didn't have the menu item on the third floor, and why they would seat us up there if the menu was not the same especially without first notifying us. she was very kind and helpful offering to fix the mistake by walking the single fight of stairs to grab the sampler from below. she returned about fifteen minutes later and informed me that her manager said that, "it would open up a can of worms" if she brought me a sampler on the third floor. she really wanted to fix the issue, but the management was not as concerned with keeping its customers. also out of the six beers they advertise on the menu only four are available on the third floor. I cannot understand why a brewery would do this to itself. your beer is why people are coming to eat there why wouldn't you want to show case it? the food was decent. we had honey garlic wings, which had a delicious sauce, but were a bit soggy even though we asked for extra crispy. my boyfriend had a burger which was cooked perfectly and very large for the price. I had the fire fish with was also very good. my beer I ordered off the limited menu was also good, but I would have liked to have more of the brewery experience I can get good food and good beer many places, but at a brewery I expect the beer to be the showcase.

Visited February 2013
Ubuman, Owner at Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello Pokerlady29. Thanks for taking the time to write about your Pub experience, and for acknowledging the parts of your visit that you enjoyed. We are a rare brewer-owned brewpub and I do not think you could find a brewpub or brewpub owner that is more passionate and dedicated to their beer and the industry. I believe your experience is the result (unfortunately) of the timing of your visit. And I do apologize. We have been under renovations and conducting an expansion since May (so in our 10th month). This includes a 60% expansion of the brewery so we can brew up to 56 barrels per week. You visited us during the second week of operation of the new, third floor area. Months of decreased brewing capacity had caught up with us and we were low on beer. We were still ironing out our systems and procedures for service on the new floor. In fact, we didn't even realize that the 6 beer sampler was still on the front of the menu. We have now reprinted the cover as well as offer full 6 beer samplers on every floor of the Pub. Again, when you visit the Pub you see beer lists on every menu and on each table, chalkboards with the beer lists on many walls, next to the many awards we have won in our 17 years in business. We are incredibly dedicated to our craft beer industry and brewpub offerings and I hope you will give us another shot when back in Lake Placid. Chris Ericson, Owner and Brewmaster, The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery