“Surprised with the quality and flavor!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Surprised with the quality and flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I must say I did not have high expectations as I typically do not have much luck with Italian food away fromthe NYC/Long Island area, but the quality was very good. Bread was fresh, minestrone soup was excellent, and the main course was excellent. I had the veal and shrimp parm which was thin and tender. Sauce flavor was very good on the veal, however was very watered down on the pasta. I think the chef may not have drained the pasta enough. Aside from the pasta sauce, I would definitely return. The best part of this restaurant is its location, which was within walking distance of our cottage.

Visited August 2013

massachusetts
“Delizioso!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was camping with friends at Alpine Lake and they have gone several times. It was my first time and I felt like I was over a friends house for dinner. Everything was superb. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“First time "West of Lake George" referred by others, nice hidden Gem, casual, affordable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

First off I would like to say this place does not deserve the terrible reviews it had received. No this is not your Diamond Restaurant you get dressed up for...this is an authentic, italian, casual, restaurant with great service and comfortable seating. We visited with two children and two adults, table of four. Had a few drink specials, not to strong but refreshing and well priced. We had their minestrone soup which was outstanding, then our salads, I had the shrimp and veal parm, she had the mussels marinara the kids had their kids meals. I would say the food, and service was good, I would be back, however the marinara sauce had a little kick in it (spice) which may not be to everyone's liking. The opinion on the mussles was it was bland, but good, however a lot of the mussles were on half shells, which means we could not tell if they were bad or not because they were already opened. So, our final review four out of five stars, will be back to try again, all four with drinks for $110. We were happy. Not great but very very good. And our waitress was awesome.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elmira, NY
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were craving steak and were referred to Ciro's. This is a family owned Italian restaurant. The portions are large and everything we had was delicious. Strip steak was a bit too peppery for some in my party, but I really enjoyed it. You will need a doggy bag, because everything was too good to leave behind.

Visited August 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Nice place to relax for an evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ciro's is a family setting that doesn't rush you out the door. The staff treats you like family. The owners are always on the premises and are the nicest people in the area. The food is great especially the pizza. If you get a chance to sit at the bar. You get to socialize with the locals and eat the complimentary soft cheese and crackers. It tastes wonderful with a cold beer or wine, whichever you chose. Try them sometime. enjoy!

• Visited July 2013