We spent another fine week at the Sheraton in the first week of February. The weather was sunny and warm the whole time. This was our third stay at the Sheraton and it is a perfect place to go for relaxing without any disturbances from 'activity' staff. In fact all the staff there are great - so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself could probably do with a bit of tlc here and there and is, in places, looking a little tired but nothing to worry about. The bedrooms are great, showers always hot and the views out to the ocean are stunning.
It's a little off the beaten track and a taxi ride sown to the Senegambia 'strip' but, having been there a couple of times we were happy to just chill out at the hotel. The grounds are extensive and well looked after. There are also brilliant murals which you stumble across as you walk around by an artist called Ibrahim Sessay. They depict local scenes and are really well done.
The food was good and quite varied and once again the staff were very very good. The entertainment was pretty low key with local bands playing in the bar area for a little while most early evenings.
All in all, we love it!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Serekunda
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel
- Sheraton Serekunda
- Serekunda Sheraton
- Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort & Spa Serekunda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort & Spa, enjoy the tropical leisure, sand, sea and and the tranquillity of our spa. The unique, spectacular architecture, with its blocks of 186 guest rooms perched on two cliffs overlooking the Atlantic coastline, provides a serene environment. Tropical palm and baobab trees dotted along the immaculate landscape allow gentle Atlantic sea breezes to flow. Cozy guest rooms with private balconies offer unmasked sea views right from the comfort of your bed and the attractive all-inclusive concept surrounds your treat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Gambia Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.