“Clean and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Canada
“Clean and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Friendly staff! very convenient. You can walk to the outlets. Clean room!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Lake George NY, USA, is wonderful . The people are AWESOME. Stayed at Clarion Inn & Suites (with an indoor pool), the service was truly outstanding. Many thanks to Alexis for all her help, their are many workers in the service industry that can learn a thing or two from you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Let me start by stating that this hotel is in a great location. The outlets are literally next door, Six Flags is less than a mile down the road and downtown Lake George is a few miles away. All accessible by the trolley/bus that runs down route 9, where the hotel is conveniently located. The staff is super friendly, helpful, and accomodating. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was more than enough room for two people.There was a pullout couch, king size bed (which was extremely comfortable), two flat screen tv's, mini fridge, microwave, granite countertops,and tiled bathroom floors and walls. Overall clean room and hotel. The pool is not that big, but neither is the hotel. My only tip would be if you do not want to be surrounded by families and kids, this may not be the hotel for you. Definitely my top choice of lodging when in the area again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed here for a week for the Americade motorcycle rally, and were very pleased with our room. We had the 1 bedroom suite and it was perfect for us. My husband is the early bird, so when he would get up in the mornings, he could still go into the sitting area and watch tv without waking me. The bathroom is great because it seperates the shower/toilet area from the vanity area, and we had a whirlpool too.

Sara Jane at the front desk was very helpful when I called to make our reservations and was just as friendly once we arrived and checked in. I highly recommend talking with her to make your plans, if possible.

The outlets are right at the hotel and within walking distance, and the hotel is close enough to downtown to enjoy the shops down there too (not within walking distance).

The only two complaints that we have is (1)for the price we were paying ($150+), the continental breakfast was very lacking---mini bagels and muffins is not my idea of a continental breakfast--so, we ended up eating breakfast out every morning. And (2) the room didn't have internet access. They had two computers set up in the area where you check in, but that was all I saw.

Some of the restaurants are pricy, but we were told by several locals that just about everybody raises their prices just because of the motorcycle rally, which is too bad because if they would leave the prices like normal, I'm sure that the tourists would spend more, instead of less.

I'm always skeptical after reading reviews (good or bad), but the good ones that I read about the Clarion were all true--I never read any bad ones. We had friends stay at a different hotel closer to downtown, and it was nice, but they didn't have the choice of having a suite like we did at the Clarion--their rooms were much smaller. Their lobby area was very nice (Clarion didn't have one), and we even sat down in their lobby/eating area with our friends and talked for a long time. Our friends said their continental breakfast was very good, so I guess you have your pros and cons anywhere you stay. For us, having the type of room we wanted to more important than the breakfast, I guess.

Our overall stay was really good, and if we go back next year for the rally, we plan to stay there again. We went for the rally, but we also needed to just get away to relax and this hotel helped us do just that, just by being exactly what the internet said it would be.

• Stayed June 2009
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Our family of four just came back from Clarion Inn and Suites at Lake George, and I must say, we were sorry to leave! My husband, 5-year old son, 12-year old daughter and I journeyed to Lake George for the weekend of the 15th for a YMCA Regional Gymnastics meet. This was our first time using the Clarion chain, and I was a little concerned with how the overall quality would stack up vs the Holiday Inn, which was our usual chain for out-of-state gymnastics meets. However, this was the best choice of hotels which had all the amenities we were looking for: seperate bedroom suite, indoor pool, indoor hot tub, and reasonably priced.
We were greeted at the front desk by a wonderfully pleasant lady with a genuine smile, which set the tone for the entire stay. We had reserved the 2Bedroom Suite with whirlpool bath, and received a 2nd floor room, newly remodeled at a rate of 109.00/night + tax. Well, to put it bluntly, we were BLOWN AWAY when we walked into our room! The website had said "spacious" (don't they ALL say that lol?), but this was like having a one-floor house to yourself! The living area had an over-sized fridge, sink, microwave and coffee maker. There was a very comfortable full-sized pull-out sofa bed, coffee table, and work table with leather roller chair. The children were excited to have a large flat-screen TV directly across from the couch. Fantastic selection of channels: Disney, NICK ,Cartoon Netwook, and Family ABC for the kiddies, with HBO, TNT, CNN, ESPN, DISC, SPIKE etc for the adults (I think 50 channels in all). The kids were also able to see the TV from the first 'bedroom', which is a comfy queen size bed with down comfortor, two nightstands, and a partial room divider. By the way, for those who have children like mine that like to keep a room at 80 degrees, while you want the room at 65---there were two seperate heat/cool sources in the hotel room!
The second room was a separate bedroom with thick french doors that did a remarkable job of blocking out sound from the main room and second sleeping area. Our bedroom also had a large TV, King-sized bed with down comforter, and two nightstands. We had our own door leading to the bathroom, which was another pleasant suprise. The bathroom was divided into three rooms: A huge marble countertop sink with blowdryer; the toilet room, which had a hidden slide door so people could use the sink and mirror while you had your privacy; and finally a large shower and separate 1-person whirlpool bathtub. The tub is DEEP with great jets, and the bathroom has a timed heated lamp (kids coming up from the pool REALLy enjoyed this feature!).
The hotel is working on putting in a fitness room, and there isn't a playground or other outside activities, but for those who are just looking for a fun, relaxing activity while in the hotel, there was a well-maintained (and heated!) indoor pool and hot tub. This isn't the obligatory, kidney-shaped kiddie pool most hotels offer, but an honest-to-goodness, swim-laps-and-get-tired pool! The hot tub was hot enough to make you pause, but didn't illicit a fainting spell.
The best part of our stay would have to be the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds---no tossing and turning, and no waking up with back pains (which we have experienced in a few hotels). Also, it spoke volumes on our check-out that the general manager of the hotel asked about our stay, and if there was anything they could do to improve. He also gave us an overview of the historical sites of lake George if we decided to come back for something other than a gymnastics meet!
Of note, there is no elevator, but plenty of stairwells, so keep in mind how much luggage you bring. I learned this the hard way, but my husband volunteered to be the pack horse for the trip (smile). Besides that, our visit was perfect! We have rated this hotel EXCELLENT, and would definitely come back to stay for a vacation!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

It your are traveling to the Lake George area, you won't miss a beat if you stay at the Clarion Inn and Suites in Lake George, N.Y. I liked to hotel because staff is helpful and friendly, and everything is near by. The hotel's pool i great too. Flat screen tvs in the room..too..

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Stayed in a one bedroom suite and was very happy. While planning a short trip to the Great Escape Lodge waterpark I spent hours looking for lodging that would give our 19 month old a seperate room to sleep. I am familiar with the area and couldn't find a thing. The only thing that might have worked in the waterpark lodge did not look like it had a door on the room and 2 nights would have cost over $700. I have no problem spending that amount of money if I am going to be staying at a four or five star establishment but that was not going to be the case here. Most of the Lake George resorts and vacation rentals are seasonal. I was about to reserve a 3 bedroom cabin in Hauge when I came across the Clarion. Calling the hotel I spoke to a friendly, helpful front desk person who understood my needs. The room was wonderful....spacious and very clean. The seperate bedroom with a king bed had french doors with frosted glass and a flat screen tv. My son set up his crib in there. The main room had a sitting area with couch, coffee table, sink , fridge,microwave and flat screen tv... the sleeping area had a queen bed. Bed was extreamly comfortable. Two dresser and a large closet for plenty of storage space. I was shocked over the niceness of the bathroom. There was an entrance from the main room and the bedroom. Tiled floor, beautiful countertop. A pocket door seperated the sink from the toilet and bath area. Deep jetted tub and seperated shower. Neutrogena toiletries. In a pinch we went to the hotel restaurant, again what a surprise! Usually would not be a choice but this place was actually good!We travel a lot and I stay away from almost all chain hotels because they are so hit and miss, with the odds in favor of miss. I like a nice place and have been called a room snob. This Clarion has me changing my normal patterns when looking for lodging.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!