“Exceptional Property at an Unbelievable Price!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Lake George
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Connecticut
“Exceptional Property at an Unbelievable Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Our family of four just came back from Clarion Inn and Suites at Lake George, and I must say, we were sorry to leave! My husband, 5-year old son, 12-year old daughter and I journeyed to Lake George for the weekend of the 15th for a YMCA Regional Gymnastics meet. This was our first time using the Clarion chain, and I was a little concerned with how the overall quality would stack up vs the Holiday Inn, which was our usual chain for out-of-state gymnastics meets. However, this was the best choice of hotels which had all the amenities we were looking for: seperate bedroom suite, indoor pool, indoor hot tub, and reasonably priced.
We were greeted at the front desk by a wonderfully pleasant lady with a genuine smile, which set the tone for the entire stay. We had reserved the 2Bedroom Suite with whirlpool bath, and received a 2nd floor room, newly remodeled at a rate of 109.00/night + tax. Well, to put it bluntly, we were BLOWN AWAY when we walked into our room! The website had said "spacious" (don't they ALL say that lol?), but this was like having a one-floor house to yourself! The living area had an over-sized fridge, sink, microwave and coffee maker. There was a very comfortable full-sized pull-out sofa bed, coffee table, and work table with leather roller chair. The children were excited to have a large flat-screen TV directly across from the couch. Fantastic selection of channels: Disney, NICK ,Cartoon Netwook, and Family ABC for the kiddies, with HBO, TNT, CNN, ESPN, DISC, SPIKE etc for the adults (I think 50 channels in all). The kids were also able to see the TV from the first 'bedroom', which is a comfy queen size bed with down comfortor, two nightstands, and a partial room divider. By the way, for those who have children like mine that like to keep a room at 80 degrees, while you want the room at 65---there were two seperate heat/cool sources in the hotel room!
The second room was a separate bedroom with thick french doors that did a remarkable job of blocking out sound from the main room and second sleeping area. Our bedroom also had a large TV, King-sized bed with down comforter, and two nightstands. We had our own door leading to the bathroom, which was another pleasant suprise. The bathroom was divided into three rooms: A huge marble countertop sink with blowdryer; the toilet room, which had a hidden slide door so people could use the sink and mirror while you had your privacy; and finally a large shower and separate 1-person whirlpool bathtub. The tub is DEEP with great jets, and the bathroom has a timed heated lamp (kids coming up from the pool REALLy enjoyed this feature!).
The hotel is working on putting in a fitness room, and there isn't a playground or other outside activities, but for those who are just looking for a fun, relaxing activity while in the hotel, there was a well-maintained (and heated!) indoor pool and hot tub. This isn't the obligatory, kidney-shaped kiddie pool most hotels offer, but an honest-to-goodness, swim-laps-and-get-tired pool! The hot tub was hot enough to make you pause, but didn't illicit a fainting spell.
The best part of our stay would have to be the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds---no tossing and turning, and no waking up with back pains (which we have experienced in a few hotels). Also, it spoke volumes on our check-out that the general manager of the hotel asked about our stay, and if there was anything they could do to improve. He also gave us an overview of the historical sites of lake George if we decided to come back for something other than a gymnastics meet!
Of note, there is no elevator, but plenty of stairwells, so keep in mind how much luggage you bring. I learned this the hard way, but my husband volunteered to be the pack horse for the trip (smile). Besides that, our visit was perfect! We have rated this hotel EXCELLENT, and would definitely come back to stay for a vacation!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

It your are traveling to the Lake George area, you won't miss a beat if you stay at the Clarion Inn and Suites in Lake George, N.Y. I liked to hotel because staff is helpful and friendly, and everything is near by. The hotel's pool i great too. Flat screen tvs in the room..too..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Stayed in a one bedroom suite and was very happy. While planning a short trip to the Great Escape Lodge waterpark I spent hours looking for lodging that would give our 19 month old a seperate room to sleep. I am familiar with the area and couldn't find a thing. The only thing that might have worked in the waterpark lodge did not look like it had a door on the room and 2 nights would have cost over $700. I have no problem spending that amount of money if I am going to be staying at a four or five star establishment but that was not going to be the case here. Most of the Lake George resorts and vacation rentals are seasonal. I was about to reserve a 3 bedroom cabin in Hauge when I came across the Clarion. Calling the hotel I spoke to a friendly, helpful front desk person who understood my needs. The room was wonderful....spacious and very clean. The seperate bedroom with a king bed had french doors with frosted glass and a flat screen tv. My son set up his crib in there. The main room had a sitting area with couch, coffee table, sink , fridge,microwave and flat screen tv... the sleeping area had a queen bed. Bed was extreamly comfortable. Two dresser and a large closet for plenty of storage space. I was shocked over the niceness of the bathroom. There was an entrance from the main room and the bedroom. Tiled floor, beautiful countertop. A pocket door seperated the sink from the toilet and bath area. Deep jetted tub and seperated shower. Neutrogena toiletries. In a pinch we went to the hotel restaurant, again what a surprise! Usually would not be a choice but this place was actually good!We travel a lot and I stay away from almost all chain hotels because they are so hit and miss, with the odds in favor of miss. I like a nice place and have been called a room snob. This Clarion has me changing my normal patterns when looking for lodging.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Me and My Lady stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites, Soon as you alk in the Hotel is very Clean and the area is Perfect with Mountain Sceneries. We Stayed in a King Size SUite and it was so Clean, and Spacious. Seperate Living room with falt screen tv and seperate Bedroom very spacious. The bathroom was so clean and very opened with seperate SHower and seperate Jacuzzi tub. We had such a Relaxing time here we will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
cincinnati OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

My daughter and I and her 3 kids stayed in one of Clarion's 2 BR suites. It had a sitting area w/ t.v.; desk; refrig; and microwave. Each Bedroom had it's own t.v. Not only was the suite amazingly spacious, it was beautifully decorated (very fresh); had a very elegant granite bathroom (also very spacious). At children's "nap time", adults had space to watch t.v.; snack ; do work at the desk or read -- without fear of awakening nappers.

On top of all this, the hotel is ideally situated: very near Lake George Village and in the center of outlet shopping.
We could not have been more thrilled with our selection!
The restaurant attached has a yummy breakfast buffet - (including made to order omelets) -- reasonably priced.
Staff was friendly and accommodating.
We highly recommend this hotel to those who are looking for a reasonably priced "cut above" hotel in a great location.

• Liked — spacious and newly decorated
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

My sister and I went to Lake George not for recreation, but for outlet shopping. Little did we know that this hotel is literally in the middle of the outlet shops -- we walked to all of them!

I had some hesitation booking this property based on some of the reviews here, but booked it due to the good rate and location. We booked one of the recently upgraded suites. It was a tiny bit pricey at $129/night, but with 2 bedrooms, I thought it would be perfect for our trip.

The room was a pleasant surprise, so much bigger and well appointed than I had anticipated. And clean -- it was like we were the first people to ever stay there. I've posted some photos to illustrate.

The hotel itself looked like a typical 2-storey place with external hallways (I chose a room with internal access only, which conveniently put us on the ground floor). I didn't see any elevators.

We took advantage of the free computers in the lobby to check email, etc., and the free continental breakfast.

We hated to leave this lovely suite after our 2 nights -- it was the best of the 3 places we stayed in NY and VT.

• Liked — Well appointed 2 bedroom suite
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

My daughter and I loved this hotel..Only downsides-no microwave anywhere(for nighttime popcorn of course!) and the pool is located within a windowed room,so at night people outside can see you..I didn't want to swim at night!! I suggest night shades for privacy..The room was a perfect size for us 2,4 might be a little crowded,but they give you a closet and a large dresserThe rooms must have been recently updated after the bad review this place got..the beds and pillows,blankets were SOOOO comfy and the A/C was not noisy,worked well!! Great fridge,The coffee(avail 24-7)was good..we loaded up our ice bucket with styrofoam cups of coffee to take to our room and no one glared at us..no cont breakfast,but we got a good rate from an Entertainment book and that evened it out..The staff was friendly and I give them Kudos because Lake George is crazy busy!! I'm telling you when you walked into the room it smelled so fresh and clean,that Really is so important..and though it's not luxury,it has a nice lobby with good coffee and 2 computers..I felt safe with my daughter there,will come back again..

• Liked — Clean smelling room,comfy beds,curtains blocked light,staff was pleasant and helpful
  • Disliked — I felt like the outside stairs were not strong enough,how about a micro in the lobby?
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!