“great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 88 hotels in Lake George
Tupper Lake, New York, United States
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel staff was very accommodating and pleasant. The hotel is reasonably priced and is centrally located to the outlet store and restaurants. We had a suite which was clean, and comfortable. The Jetted tub was great as was every thing else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lake George, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Arrival: We arrived in the early afternoon on a Saturday. The hotel was easy to find and seemed to be in a nice area.

Check-in: The check-in process was fast and the lady, who I believed is the manager, was super friendly and gave me my room preference without question.

The room: It should be noted that this hotel has two different sections; One is a motel style, outside access to your room and the other is a hotel style with an inner corridor. We knew this prior to arrival and we requested an inner room and was given one. The room was average size, had a small fridge, microwave and a flat screen TV. The room was facing the back parking lot which made for a quiet stay. The bathroom was nice, with a good amount of counter space. The overall room was clean and met our expectations.

The pool/spa: The pool was a good size but was cold. The spa had multiple jets, was hot and relaxing.

The only negatives I would say is the parking lot is shared with the outlet malls on the other side of the parking lot. If you want to avoid all of the parking issues park in the back lot behind the hotel. Also the flat screen TV in the room was wall mounted but was up a little too high to comfortably watch it. Minor issues.

We would recommend and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Love the cleanliness of this place year after year after year! I like that it's walking distance to the factory outlets. Included breakfast was ok, could be better though, the waffle mix was too thick but hey, we didn't need to think about where we'd have breakfast.

Room was very clean and we'll kept: sofa needs a little TLC.

Overall a great experience; that's why we've been returning every year.

• Stayed October 2013
Colebrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I paid way too much for this hotel since there was a big garage sale event in the area!!!

It looks to me like a motel clarion...next to several outlet stores (not regular outlet: regular or even higher price outlets!!!).

I had a room with access to balcony on 2nd floor and had to carry by hand and up many stairs all my stuff... No carts...no elevator...

Neighbors were smoking all evening so cigarette smoke all over me and my room...

Wifi was ok, not great... Nice flat screen tv... Nice size fridge and microwave... Cool powerful shower...

A few blocks away, great bike trails also great for running...

Nice restaurant next door and free ok breakfast (pretty basic only cold items) in the morning...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel conveniently is situated right in between Six Flags Great Escape and the southern part of Lake George. I knew I would have to drive into town but I wasn't thrilled that the hotel is surrounded by outlet stores and even shares a parking lot with some of the stores. It's your typical well kept Clarion Inn, nothing fancy but clean and modern. The bed was a little firm for my liking but reasonably comfortable, I thoroughly inspected the room and didn't find a crumb or hair anywhere. This is rare even in higher end hotels. I was overall really impressed by the condition and cleanliness. My only complaint about the hotel itself is I couldn't find an elevator (I don't think they have one). I'd stay here again but I may try another place first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on a bus trip with a group this past weekend for the Balloon festival, never saw any balloons, too windy, they canceled most flights, hotel was 3 miles to village of Lake George, good location, Breakfast was very good, good service, Outlet malls right next door, Pizza place across the street very good, and Old Post grill on the property very good, Would stay again

Room Tip: First floor rooms, you can hear people upstairs and beside you, take a higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well located in the heart of the outlets, it is a comfortable and quiet place. We ended there by pure hazard and we have been impressed at the time by the warm welcome of the personal. The rooms are a little old but nothing that will make you scream. Their rate was interesting and it is why we decided to stay there. We did not regret it. Whatever it is matter of shopping or fine dining, everything is a short ride away and if you are lucky to be at the back, nothing will bother you. We have tried to go back there the second week of August but it was fully booked (we are riding motorcycles and it is why we never know where we will end). Take great care to make reservations ahead of time if you want to go there in August because there are crowds going there for the Saratoga races.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!