“CLARION INN WAS PERFECT AGAIN” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Lake George
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Poughkeepsie NY
“CLARION INN WAS PERFECT AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The property was in pristine condition on this visit. The pool and hot tub were both working and in good condition. We used the pool area several times over our 3 day stay.

First, I would like to commend Amanda and Joanne for their exceptional, over the top, service. For the first time we had breathing equipment delivered to the hotel for my husband. I had spoken to Amanda a few days before our visit to verify the room we requested; where would the breathing equipment be when we arrived, etc. When we did arrive the machine had already been delivered to the room. A young man (didn't have a name tag on) saw us struggling with our suitcases after check-in and with one swipe had all three of them at our room door. Asked if we could give him a tip and he said "no thanks".

Joanne provided us with tourist information and other general questions, specificially about the free continental breakfast. She was always had a smile whenever she helped us.

The room was kept very clean during our stay.

We will be back for a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pleasant Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Clarion over the Labor Day weekend. First, the room was great - it was a full suite complete with a separate master bedroom, jacuzzi tub and it was absolutely immaculate. We were impressed with the modern decor and amenities. Secondly, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The Clarion is just minutes away from the Great Escape. It is right next to the outlets and Lake George is just minutes away. I would recommend The Clarion to anyone looking for top notch accommodations. By the way, the pool is clean and we had a great time enjoying it. Anytime we're in the area, The Clarion is our "Home away from home".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Clarion is a regular stop when we are down in the Lake George area. Conveniently located in the factory outlets area - just minutes from the beach or village.
Rooms are spacious and clean and the available light breakfast (included) does not disappoint.

Highly recommend if you are ready to pay a little more than the average motel rate in the area.

Room Tip: For more privacy, ask for a room behind the indoor pool area - less circulation.
Candor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for two days over Memorial Day weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was fairly large and quite clean. We found the beds to be comfortable. I wasn't necessarily impressed by breakfast, but the area was well stocked and well maintained. For the price I thought it was an outstanding value. Another thing that might only interest me is that I like quiet. When we pulled in we noticed the very close proximity to the outlets, I was a little surprised even though from research I knew this would be the case. This was beneficial to us in 2 ways. First, access to shopping (duh!). Even more important to me, though, was the fact that the outlets close at 9pm. Things get really quiet then - great for sleep. When yo combine this with the offset from the road it is really peaceful. If we come back to Lake George, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Furlong, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

the concierges joanne and kaitlyn were very friendly, efficient and knowledgable. they steered us on to a great place to have dinner. they also were very accomodating about the room and gave us a wonderful deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maspeth, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have to say when we first arrived, the room we were expecting was not exactly the location we had envisioned from our conversation when we booked our room with the hotel. In fact, we were a bit disappointed. BUT, once we explained our dismay to the front desk, they immediately tried to accommodate our request since we were staying at the hotel for a week. Within 24 hours, we had a room that exceeded our expectations. I was very impressed with the concern of the staff in making our stay enjoyable. All staff was courteous and friendly, Joanne at the front desk greeted us every morning with a great smile. The rooms were immaculate and cleaned everyday. Most importantly, I have to take this opportunity to give kudos to the most outstanding general manager I have ever met at a hotel. Ellen Kenny was "superb" in her customer service at the hotel by going "above and beyond" with our "accommodations" and personal travels in the area. Whether a map of Vermont or an excellent restaurant that she suggested (we went there twice!), she made your stay feel "like home". She is a "hands on" manager and would do whatever is necessary to ensure you have an enjoyable stay at the hotel. For example, I was working out on the elliptical in the exercise room and there were no cups for the water cooler. Ellen happened to walk in and immediately went out and provided the cups, she even wiped up water that had been spilled on the floor by previous gym users. You can see her staff follows her same code of service. The only regret I have is that I was sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her. Great hotel if you want to stay away from Lake George Village and not pay high rates for lake side views. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Clarion Inn and Suites again.

Ridgewood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hotel was clean and the service was good. I like the fact that there was a small refridgerator and microwave. Hotel is situated less than 10 minutes from Lake George village and only 5 minutes from Six Flags Great Escape. Had a great day at Six Flags!!!!! Would stay again at the Clarion!

Room Tip: Some Outlet stores are in the same parking lot as the hotel parking lot
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!