“solid and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Candor, New York
“solid and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for two days over Memorial Day weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was fairly large and quite clean. We found the beds to be comfortable. I wasn't necessarily impressed by breakfast, but the area was well stocked and well maintained. For the price I thought it was an outstanding value. Another thing that might only interest me is that I like quiet. When we pulled in we noticed the very close proximity to the outlets, I was a little surprised even though from research I knew this would be the case. This was beneficial to us in 2 ways. First, access to shopping (duh!). Even more important to me, though, was the fact that the outlets close at 9pm. Things get really quiet then - great for sleep. When yo combine this with the offset from the road it is really peaceful. If we come back to Lake George, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Furlong, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

the concierges joanne and kaitlyn were very friendly, efficient and knowledgable. they steered us on to a great place to have dinner. they also were very accomodating about the room and gave us a wonderful deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maspeth, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have to say when we first arrived, the room we were expecting was not exactly the location we had envisioned from our conversation when we booked our room with the hotel. In fact, we were a bit disappointed. BUT, once we explained our dismay to the front desk, they immediately tried to accommodate our request since we were staying at the hotel for a week. Within 24 hours, we had a room that exceeded our expectations. I was very impressed with the concern of the staff in making our stay enjoyable. All staff was courteous and friendly, Joanne at the front desk greeted us every morning with a great smile. The rooms were immaculate and cleaned everyday. Most importantly, I have to take this opportunity to give kudos to the most outstanding general manager I have ever met at a hotel. Ellen Kenny was "superb" in her customer service at the hotel by going "above and beyond" with our "accommodations" and personal travels in the area. Whether a map of Vermont or an excellent restaurant that she suggested (we went there twice!), she made your stay feel "like home". She is a "hands on" manager and would do whatever is necessary to ensure you have an enjoyable stay at the hotel. For example, I was working out on the elliptical in the exercise room and there were no cups for the water cooler. Ellen happened to walk in and immediately went out and provided the cups, she even wiped up water that had been spilled on the floor by previous gym users. You can see her staff follows her same code of service. The only regret I have is that I was sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her. Great hotel if you want to stay away from Lake George Village and not pay high rates for lake side views. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Clarion Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgewood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hotel was clean and the service was good. I like the fact that there was a small refridgerator and microwave. Hotel is situated less than 10 minutes from Lake George village and only 5 minutes from Six Flags Great Escape. Had a great day at Six Flags!!!!! Would stay again at the Clarion!

Room Tip: Some Outlet stores are in the same parking lot as the hotel parking lot
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
West Chazy, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is our hotel of choice for our shopping trips. It is centrally located, right in the middle of the outlets. The hotel is clean, and the staff are friendly. The rooms are very comfortable. Continental breakfast was satisfying. I have stayed here several times, and will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were very happy with the hotel, handicap room, staff, service, and just about everything about our stay here. It was in the middle of "the action" and still quiet and restfull. Every special thing I had requested was there. We will surely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
valley cottage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a death in the family during our vacation and had to race home. We were so far away that we needed to stay one night in Queensbury. While we originally had reservations the Country Inn and Suites with a special rate, when we tried to move the trip up by a day to accommodate getting back for the service, we were told there would be a rate increase of almost double. We found the same special rate at the Clarion, they offered us a discount at the Pub on the property and had a lovely pool for my daughter to swim in! The room was wonderful and comfortable. I would highly recommend the Clarion! They also offer coupons for the local outlet stores if you like to shop. Thank you Clarion!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!