“It was just fine!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland
“It was just fine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stopped here for a single night. We found the reception to be excellent and all the staff members we encountered were exceptionally friendly, smiling, and forthcoming. They are a real asset to this hotel. The room was comfortable and clean as well as quiet. The breakfast, despite being continental, had lots of choices including yogurts, breads, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles. The fruit was just some whole apples and oranges in bowls rather than slices, but that was still fine. Location is on a main road in the middle of outlet mall haven. You won't be on the lake here, but if you're interested in shopping this is definitely a good place to park yourself. Our visit coincided with a classic car show so there were lots of interesting cars in the parking lot!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed at the Clarion during Labor Day weekend. Great place. Very quiet, which was a good addition for a good nights sleep. The room was clean and housekeeping did a great job keeping it that way for us. Furnishings were on the money. The breakfast in the morning was OK. Hey, it's no cost to guest. If it's free it's for me. The employees who took care of the breakfast did a great job. I tipped them because they deserved it. It's close to the outlets and some excellent restaurants in walking distance. To the employees of Clarion, Lake George, "THANK YOU".

Room Tip: Rooms are good size.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great stay. The room was clean, and the location was good. We asked a woman at the front desk to recommend a good place to view the fireworks. She ended up being the bookkeeper, and her recommendation was fantastic. (Thank You!!!). We had a great view on a small, relatively unknown beach with few people around. I also had a huge, heavy bag, and a guy at the front desk offered to carry it up the steps for me, which was very nice. I did read in other reviews that there was an unpleasant odor at the hotel. I did notice this, but it was tolerable and I am VERY sensitive to odors. Overall, I definitely think this hotel is a great deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Vernon, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We booked this hotel based upon the other peoples reviews on Tripadvisor and it seems fairly consistent. We have stayed at the Comfort Suites and I have to say that their rooms are much larger and I like the pool area better but overall it was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. can you ask for more?? The breakfast area was nice and I think that they did have a good selection of food available.

Our only issue was the pool / hot tub. The water looked a little murky and we found clumps of hair ( as in numerous clumps of hair ) in both the pool and the hot tub. Yuk Yuk Yuk! I know that they cannot control guests who "shed" but the pool filter is clearly not picking ths stuff up.

The other issues was that we could not for the life of us find an elevator. We had to lug the luggage up and down the stairs which was not fun with kids.

Overall this was an ok hotel, it was on par ( if not above ) a 2.5 star hotel. The staff was also very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I honestly cannot recall ever having stayed at a better 2-1/2 star hotel. Unlike most of the other guests, I was in the area for a somewhat relentless business trip. I was looking for a comfortable bed, larger bathroom, and a nice pool/spa to exercise and relax in after work. I had originally booked another hotel and stayed there several days but was not satisfied. I am so glad that I moved to the Clarion Inn & Suites -- it delivered on all counts. The manager Laura and her staff including Jeff were very nice, professional, and accommodating. My only issue was that the pool in the evenings sometimes got really crowded with kids. But I chalk that up to the summer tourist season.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Riverdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I recently stayed at the Clarion Inn, and the rate included a continential breakfast that includes assortment of cereals, hard boiled eggs, and make your own waffles. Location is short drive to attractions and restaurants. Management was very friendly and helpful. There is no elevators to the second floor. Down side is the pool and hot tub is small,

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the first floor; since there is no elevator to second floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed at the Clarion in June for a girls weekend of shopping and relaxing. The hotel is located right in the middle of the Lake George Outlets and a quick drive to the town of Lake George. The rooms were very clean, roomy and we slept well in the comfortable beds. The rate included breakfast, which was average and not very impressive. The breakfast room wasn't very tidy and the selection was minimal. We chose to go out for breakfast one morning instead, which was fine. On a side note, we went to the Sagamore hotel in Bolton Landing, approx 15 mins away, for massages. The hotel was very nice, the massages were excellent and the setting was beautiful. We had lunch at the restaurant by the water, which was very good. Definitely recommend visiting the hotel, walk the grounds, have a bite, etc. It's worth the visit. But don't stay there - the hotel rates are outrageous though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!