“Older renovated hotel near lake and downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Family Fun Package
Ranked #22 of 88 hotels in Lake George
Burlington, Vermont
“Older renovated hotel near lake and downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was a nice hotel, but left me wanting more. The panoramic lake view is a joke. Most of the rooms are perpendicular to the lake where if you stand at the far edge of the window you can see water, but the panoramic view is of the parking lot. It was nice that the hotel was directly on the lake and there was a nice sand beach and pool. Close to most things downtown Lake George which was nice for walking to dinner and there was a pub just a block down the road. On check-in I was told if I wanted one of the few 'Lake View' rooms I needed to call the hotel directly they were not available for online reservations. One of the online booking sites would not let me post this review on their site. Not sure if its because the hotel told me to call directly for the 'lake view' rooms. I copied and pasted directly. Overall it is a nice hotel just not many room with directly lake view

Room Tip: Call hotel directly for Lake View sites or cottages
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MarineVillageMgmt, Manager at Marine Village Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. As all of our buildings do run perpendicular to the lake, most rooms have a view of the lake from outside the rooms. Lakefront rooms have views of lake from inside room and are able to be booked with the hotel directly. We hope to see you again in the future.

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Northwest connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our family had a great time staying at the Marine village resort! We've been coming to Lake George for the car show for about Ten years, every year trying to book rooms at Marine Village,the best place to stay, I'm told. Last year at the end of the weekend we tried our luck and wow they had a room package that became available. I,we were not disappointed, arrived on Thursday,found everything as it should be,building and grounds looked great,well kept,staff at the front desk professional and friendly gladly answering all my crazy questions . Our rooms were clean,smelled nice and were comfortable with plenty of towels for eight of us. Two sinks were definitely a plus,wifi was also with the rain on saturday afternoon. Close to everything,you can walk to all the shops and stores we parked on Thursday and didn't use the car till we left on Sunday! Already rebooked for the car show in 2014. See you there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MarineVillageMgmt, Manager at Marine Village Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next year.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this particular motel. It was as my title states just ok the first room we were given #12 is set away from the lake and as soon as you walk in it smells moldy! I thought I was just be paranoid but me and my young daughter woke up the next morning with sinus infections! We decided to move our room so we stayed in 47 next to the pool much better it seems those rooms are more updated and don't come with a mold smell. The only good part about this place is the lake access, the pool, and the playground. the staff at the restaurant seems to all be young students from russia so there english is not so great and they are not very organized. the regular staff there seems to be not so friendly! When we got home I remembered I left my kindle tablet in the nightstand when I called the front desk they could care less! So I
Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry we were not able to find your Tablet and we appreciate your comments regarding the Restaurant. We will be addressing the concerns.
Dutchess Cty, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just came home from a very relaxing, nice Labor Day weekend stay at Marine Village. We've been to LG numerous times and I usually prefer Lake Bolton away from the hustle and bustle of the village. I have to say, though, that we will definitely go back to MVR. Our room was a King with a lake view (room 35). Room was clean and bed was comfortable. I never heard any noise outside once our door was closed. I love that each room had a table and chairs outside to enjoy the morning and evening. One of my favorite things, is waking up early and sitting outside with my coffee. We have learned to bring our own coffee maker since I don't like the little ones in hotel rooms. I also loved the patio area between the pool and beach. We enjoyed sitting there in the evening and had nice conversations with other guests. The pool was very nice. Our kids are grown, but the little ones we enjoyed watching were having a blast. As others have stated, you can park your car and never use it to walk the village. There a plenty of grills, which we didn't use, but would like to plan another stay with more family members and maybe get a few rooms with a kitchen and picnic table. We never heard noise from the village at all. Overall, a great place to stay. Oh and the Sunday bbq was nice too!

Room Tip: We were closer to the lake and away from the pool. If you'd like more quiet, you might want to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bay Shore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This resort has everything you want for a great vacation. We stayed from Monday to Friday and we hated to leave. The room had two Queen beds and a nice size bath. I give it 4 stars for cleanliness, comfort, hospitality, closeness to all the amenities Lake George has to offer. It has a large beach and a very ample parking lot, which is difficult to find at Lake George. Everyone was very friendly and we left booking for next year, as did many others.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach have a great Lake view. Go to their website and choose a room number befo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the second year staying here. We stayed in a king "lakefront" room this year. The room was good except for the the door was hard to shut an the entire toilet moved. The styrofoam cups they provided for coffee were disgusting, but we didn't use them and didn't complain. We booked our room on booking.com and weren't offered any "extras", another family we spoke to received vouchers for paddle boats.

We fished off the dock 2 out of 3 days, rented a kayak, swam in the pool and enjoyed the free make your own ice cream sundae.

We especially like that its right in the village and not much need to drive around. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
MarineVillageMgmt, Manager at Marine Village Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at Marine Village. We stayed from Monday to Friday of the Pre-Labor Day week. Our room was less than 25 steps from the very nice lake/beach. Luckily, my wife and I are teachers, so we could tolerate the insane amount of children that were there. If you are a family with younger children, a great place to stay, evening activities and a great pool. If you are a couple or have teenagers, this might not be the place for you. As you will find in all the reviews, the location is incredible. Park your car and walk Canada Street for food, shopping and fun. Less than 15 minutes from Six Flags and outlet shopping. A quick walk for The Steamboat and the park. Thursday is Fireworks night and you have a great view there.
Things that should be noted: Aside from Tom who checked us in, the checkout staff and Victoria our chambermaid, no one at MVR was pleasant. I must have walked past 5 employees over the week and no one greeted us or smiled. Having evening activities are a good thing, but aside from the front desk they were not published anywhere. Perhaps post them throughout the grounds. Also, do not bill yourself as a resort and not deliver as one. Fees for kayaks or paddleboats? Rooms that are buried in the parking lot are not reminiscent of a resort either.
Overall, the location of the resort, coupled with the private beach, gives it high marks. Take full advantage of everything the Marine Village has to offer.

Room Tip: A lake view room is a must. Check the map before booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We will take your recommendations into consideration and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Marine Village Resort? Share your experiences!