“Wonderful holiday experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful holiday experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have spent 8 nights, with a large group of skiers from Canada. I was truly impressed with exceptional service that I was experienced during my stay. The staff was very friendly and exceptionally helpful to address any of my request promptly. They performed such a delicate task to accommodate 80 families, address their needs and provide solutions for kids and adults.
How wonderful it was. I wish to thank the staff and the manager for it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. This was an easy group for us to take care of. It was an absolute pleasure having you with us for the Holiday week. We very much look forward to your return. Happy New Year.

Michael/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
bells rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

To Michael, Mandy, Karen, Bob, Tammie and rest of the crew - thank you for receiving us with open arms and extending us every possible hospitality during our Christmas week stay! We loved the place, the energy, the food, service, the attention we received! It felt like a home-away-from-home, a largest compliment I can bestow upon your wonderful property. To the owners - I know this starts from the very top, and so we thank you for assembling, cultivating and supporting such a wonderful staff. We'll see you back in March. Aleks Gusev, Avantura Group Leader, Canada

Room Tip: Poolside view is worth the extra $$$
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your nice words. Our staff really enjoyed taking care of your group. We look forward to your return in 2014. You and your guests made it an enjoyable Christmas for all of us.

Barrington, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

One of the better hotels I have stayed at in upstate New York. Check-in was fast and friendly and the price was outstanding. Fires roaring outside and in and a fresh look inside made for a great first impression. A beautiful pool, a great restaurant and wonderful spacious rooms. The hotel is very clean and the hotel has a great look of the lake from on top of the hill. Located downtown, it's worth the ride past many of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your note. We try everyday to keep our property clean and efficient. I am glad that you like our location and our view. We are looking out over the lake right now, and never get tired of it.
We hope to see you again.

Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Great hotel for family. The staff and manager were wonderful. I wanted to inquire about a discount since I was booking three rooms for five nights. The manager was immediately put on the phone (Mike) and accommodated. Very friendly and further gave me tips on Saratoga and what to do with kids. Loved our stay, especially the front desk gals saving home made cookies for us !!! I

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We really focus on being friendly and appreciate hearing that it is working. Cookies are very popular, we hear about that often from our guests. Our locatiion near Saratoga is definately a plus. It is a great town.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My fiance and I come to Lake George a few times a year. We've stayed at various hotels but the one we come back to is always Holiday Inn. It's near the village and lake - you can walk anywhere you want to go so long as you have a good pair of shoes on (it takes maybe 5 min to walk to the village). But, it's far enough from the village where you're not caught up in traffic jams whenever you want to leave the hotel.

The rooms are always clean. The staff is friendly. Gotta love the freshly baked cookies upon check-in as well. I also really like that they have a restaurant and bar on-site. It's nice when you've had a long day and don't feel like leaving the hotel to get a decent meal or unwind with a drink. There are good views of the lake from some rooms and from the bar and restaurant. You can also see the fireworks from the bar on firework evenings.

We will definitely be coming back here soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. We try to keep true to both clean and friendly when it comes to running our business, I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us. The cookies in our lobby are obviously done in other places too, but it is a great touch, and our guests love it. We look forward to your return.

Colchester, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while celebrating our 3 year anniversary in Lake George. It was a wonderful stay even for just one night. The price was great for the quality but it was off season so it wasn't too crowded. Lake George was sort of a ghost town this time of year except for the shopping and great outdoors. We were greeted with a choice between punch or rum punch and fresh baked chocolate chip or white macadamia cookies. This totally surprised us but after a two hour drive from Vermont it was just what we needed to start our relaxing weekend away. Of course I chose the rum punch and the cookies were so delicious! The staff at the front desk were friendly and gladly gave us equipment to use on the turf area since no one really was using it due to chilly weather. But we wanted to stay on property for a while so it was nice for entertaining ourselves with the beautiful scenery of Lake George visible from the resorts great location. We spent most the time sitting in the lounge chairs overlooking the lake and we were the only ones around it was great! In warmer months this outdoor area would be great for kids and families. We tried the mini putt putt golf in the resorts court yard for fun but it needs a little updating and cleaning its not the best looking or most fun thing. Our room was a standard king I believe and it was clean and very spacious. The bed wasn't the most comfortable mattress I've had at resorts but it was pretty good. The room's view was just of the outside resort but if you pay extra you can have a lake view which we loved looking at on the glass elevator to our floor. The bathroom was really small though like you had to squeeze into the bathroom to close the door. Nice amenities in the bathroom to use though. Our tub didnt drain very fast either. Everything else was great for the room though, perfect for a quick stay. Our favorite part was the happy hour offered during the bonfire outdoors on the patio. We took our drinks outside by the fire overlooking the lake. It was an unexpected treat that we so enjoyed. Although the fire was kind of small and hard to feel unless up close they should make it a little bigger especially in cold months. They did offer buffet dinners with different themes each night or regular menu too maybe, we ate off resort with all the wonderful restaurants near by. We slept in so we didnt do breakfast there but we ate at the Silo, I would recommend it for one of the best breakfasts we have ever had! We would definitely return here again the next time we are in the area. It was comfortable, convenient with a small resort feel to it, very nice.

Room Tip: The lake view rooms must be really nice!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments, and for the time that you took to review us. I liked reading it, and enjoyed getting your perspective. Lake George does have a different feel to it, once the kids go back to school in the fall. It is definately a great spot to relax and enjoy the outstanding natural resourses that our region is famous for in the fall, winter, and spring. We are glad that you were able to enjoy some of the activities around our building. Those features are very active during the summer season. Nice tip on the Silo for breakfast. That is a great spot for breakfast & lunch.
Hopefully we will see you again. We appreciate you choosing us.

Michael S./GM

Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I travel often between Fishkill,NY and Burlington,VT usually making a stop in Malta, NY. My daughter mentioned she visited Lake George during the summer and enjoyed it. So on my recent trip from Burlington I forced myself to stop in Lake George (made every excuse why I should go further) and am I happy I did. The location, people, room, lounge,etc was fantastic.It was the best hotel experience I have EVER had. I usually do not complete these reviews but this was unbelievable. I went to grab a bite and say at the bar. The Bartenders (Dana and Bob) were so nice, but what really surprised me was the patrons. Almost all locals they visit and welcome everyone. I struck up a conversation with an older Gentlemen about Antique Cadillacs and reminisced about all the Antique cars my Dad once owned. Thanks Dad for all the memories.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the King Suite, but cant wait to return and get the King Spa Suite for a weekend.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for allowing us an opportunity. I am glad that you enjoyed our property, and our Lounge. It is a fun place to visit every day of the week. Bob, Agnes, and Dana have created a fun, engaging atmosphere which local patrons, and resort guests really enjoy.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Michael/GM

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Lake George? Share your experiences!