We've been coming to Lake George for years and this is our third time staying here in the last 10 years. We've gone back every few years and every time, its gets better as its turned from a basic hotel to a small resort like feel. I think its the best hotel in the village. (Fort William Henry is getting old and the Sagamore is a great luxury hotel but that is up in Bolton Landing and not super kid friendly)
I would not say its walking distance to the main village but you can walk if you want to. Maybe a 20 minute walk?
The rooms are fine for a Holiday Inn but obviously, don't expect super luxury. Our room had a couch and a small table with two chairs as well as the bed so that gave the kids some space to hang out in the room.
There is a very small "half-room" near the front desk with some very basic supplies and some drinks and ice cream bars. But there is a Valero gas station/quick-mart, a 1 minute walk outside the hotel with more supplies.
The hotel features a decent pool with poolside food and drink service, a kids playground, shuffle board area and some fun lawn games like a bean bag toss and a huge chess board. (The king is like 3 feet high). They also offer a number of children's activities throughout the day. Most are a bit lame but its something to do. If you have ever been to a Great Wolf Lodge or a Great Escape Lodge, you'll know what i mean by activities but they are simpler. They also have an indoor pool which is a great idea. We went at the end of the summer so we didn't spend much time indoors.
The restaurant food is ok. Like a diner or a TGI Fridays. But kids eat for free. We only ate there once, on our first night there so no worries as there is plenty to see at a Lake George.
If you can get a room facing the pool, i'd recommend it. There 1st floor rooms open up to the lawn in front of the pool for easy access. The 2nd and 3rd floors have a balcony. In the summer, they often have fireworks over the lake and you can get a good view of them from the poolside rooms. The 3rd floor has larger suites that some of our party stayed in. There is an outer room with large couch, TV and a mini bar area. Then a door to separate it from the bedroom.
I noticed they installed a electric car charging station this summer. That was interesting but we don't have an electric car so we didn't try it. There is plenty of parking in the back but it fills up fast so if you get back late, you have to park a little further away. It still only a minute or two to the door so no worries.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel Lake George
- Holiday Inn Lake George
- Lake George Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit our newly renovated hotel located in the heart of Lake George nestled in the Adirondack Mountains. Our Holiday Inn offers some of the most gracious accommodations in the Lake George area. We are a short walk to the Village of Lake George and all of its local attractions. We offer breath-taking views of the lake and mountains from our front door as well as from many of our guest rooms. Each well appointed spacious guest room and suite offers complimentary high-speed Internet access, 32 inch plasma TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and all the extra amenities you've come to expect from an upscale hotel. Our guests will enjoy the many activities and amenities our hotel has to offer including a heated indoor and out door pool and kiddies pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna, fitness center and game room. Outdoor activities including a basketball court, playground, shuffleboard, putting green, and chessboard. Coming this summer - Holiday Inn Resort, which also brings scheduled activities for children, outdoor big screen movies, concierge services and a kids' activity center. Whether enjoying a leisure stay or a business trip a friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. The Lake George Holiday Inn is conveniently located just off exit 21 of the Adirondack Northway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.