I stay in Holiday Inns often, and this is hands down my favorite one so far! I drive from approx. Montreal to Philadelphia, and I always stop for the night on my way home. I usually stop at the Coxsackie exit because I love Red's Restaurant, just a couple miles down from the Coxsackie Holiday Inn. Well, last month, I just couldn't make it that far. I was exhausted and with it getting darker earlier, I stopped at Lake George.
I really wish I wrote this review sooner because I can't remember the name of the girl that checked me in. She was really pleasant. I wasn't sure about going to the hotel restaurant, and I asked her about other locations, like the BBQ place. She indicated that she worked there, too, but most places in town close by 9ish and I was better off staying there. And, she said they have a nice restaurant. They do, in fact, have a nice restaurant, and the room was awesome! It was the most value for the money I've spent at a hotel this year.
I am a Consumer Experience Coach with a background in teaching, bartending, and training. Bob, the bartender, is a customer service rock star! He made me feel at home when I got there. He learned my name right away and used it often. And, he introduced me to the local crowd. I felt comfortable chatting with Annie, a local lottery aficionado/store owner. Then, I was introduced to Bill, another business traveler. What a pleasant experience.
Only one down side, and I'll take some credit for it because I can be a bit of a pain, was when I ordered. I noticed there was chicken Oscar for $18 and a ribeye steak for like $20 something ($21?). I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to get the steak with the Oscar topping (asparagus, bernaisse, and crab meat), and I told Bob I was fine paying extra. Bob was very sweet about not making me feel like a pain, and came back to tell me that the chef would do it, but he wanted $12 extra. I ended up ordering the meal anyhow because that's really what I wanted, and I would have been ok with it if it was a $12 Oscar topping. It was not. The chef had a slightly inflated idea of what his Oscar is worth. The Bernaisse was very, very thick, not creamy and fresh. The asparagus was slightly overcooked. And, the crab meat was more like a can of claw meat than lump crab meat. He gave me a ton of it, but I would’ve taken a couple pieces of jumbo lump over that immense, clumpy bernaisse mess that ended up on my steak. Also, it looked like the mashed potatos were sitting on the plate from the time I ordered it 20 minutes earlier… they were luke warm to cold – very tastey, but buttery, so I could imagine they were wonderful when they were hot, but not so great cold. The carrots were not over-cooked, but were not very hot either. The carrots had a sweet glaze of some sort that was yummy. The steak was cooked at a perfect mid-rare.
Regardless of this minor issue with the food, this is the best Holiday Inn I’ve stayed in! I’ll definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel Lake George
- Holiday Inn Lake George
- Lake George Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit our newly renovated hotel located in the heart of Lake George nestled in the Adirondack Mountains. Our Holiday Inn offers some of the most gracious accommodations in the Lake George area. We are a short walk to the Village of Lake George and all of its local attractions. We offer breath-taking views of the lake and mountains from our front door as well as from many of our guest rooms. Each well appointed spacious guest room and suite offers complimentary high-speed Internet access, 32 inch plasma TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and all the extra amenities you've come to expect from an upscale hotel. Our guests will enjoy the many activities and amenities our hotel has to offer including a heated indoor and out door pool and kiddies pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna, fitness center and game room. Outdoor activities including a basketball court, playground, shuffleboard, putting green, and chessboard. Coming this summer - Holiday Inn Resort, which also brings scheduled activities for children, outdoor big screen movies, concierge services and a kids' activity center. Whether enjoying a leisure stay or a business trip a friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. The Lake George Holiday Inn is conveniently located just off exit 21 of the Adirondack Northway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.