This is not your average Holiday Inn! As a travel agent, I am very familiar with the usual functional Holiday Inns but this is a lot more upgraded & really very good. The hotel offers lots of extras like a supervised Kids Club & nightly kids activities too (Kelsey is awesome!), several fireplaces give it a great winter resort feel and there's even an outdoor firepit, the pool is big & I loved the outdoor jacuzzi & indoor sauna. Fitness Center is small but has the key pieces of equipment. The breakfast & dinner buffets had a great selection although desserts were not so good but quality of the food was really very good. Rooms were kept in great condition. We stayed in a 3rd floor suite which was newly renovated & the hotel's General Manager told us they do regular updating each year to keep it in great condition. Bathrooms were nice & big, we had a King 1 brm Suite that was really spacious & the kids had their own sofabed/living room with a kitchenette that included a refrigerator, microwave & sink. We loved the Keurig coffee maker & enjoyed the great quality tea & coffee. We also had two large screen tvs & my daughter was excited about the upgraded toiletries!
We had one issue with our room that could happen anywhere which meant we had to change rooms in the middle of the night & that wasn't such a problem, however, the front desk did not adequately communicate with housekeeping that we had moved in the middle of the night & they went in & cleaned our old room before we had a chance to do a final check. End result was that some of our kids toys went missing & an item of clothing that didn't make it to the new room. I was annoyed because the front desk was adequately notified by us & security not to have housekeeping go in until we had moved/checked everything out of there & they told us that they would make sure we had time to clear all our belongings. No one really seemed to care that my son's favorite toy went missing & the front desk manager, Jill, handled the situation VERY BADLY by trying to indicate that it was my fault for not communicating enough with them! Her accusative tone was really rude as though we had done something wrong!!! She made no attempt to reimburse us for the lost items or discount our room for our 'trouble' which I thought was TERRIBLE! Jessica (whom I had spoken to that morning) was present during Jill's confrontation with me (insult) and didn't bother to speak up until later & said 'yeah, sorry about the miscommunication' and that was it. No follow up to us about the lost items despite us calling them & checking directly with multiple housekeeping staff. So I think their handling of a problem was awful. However, despite this, the hotel is excellent if you are looking for a place to enjoy Lake George which is really very beautiful.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel Lake George
- Holiday Inn Lake George
- Lake George Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit our newly renovated hotel located in the heart of Lake George nestled in the Adirondack Mountains. Our Holiday Inn offers some of the most gracious accommodations in the Lake George area. We are a short walk to the Village of Lake George and all of its local attractions. We offer breath-taking views of the lake and mountains from our front door as well as from many of our guest rooms. Each well appointed spacious guest room and suite offers complimentary high-speed Internet access, 32 inch plasma TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and all the extra amenities you've come to expect from an upscale hotel. Our guests will enjoy the many activities and amenities our hotel has to offer including a heated indoor and out door pool and kiddies pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna, fitness center and game room. Outdoor activities including a basketball court, playground, shuffleboard, putting green, and chessboard. Coming this summer - Holiday Inn Resort, which also brings scheduled activities for children, outdoor big screen movies, concierge services and a kids' activity center. Whether enjoying a leisure stay or a business trip a friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. The Lake George Holiday Inn is conveniently located just off exit 21 of the Adirondack Northway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.