Stayed one night, last minute to visit some friends. Price was a little more than we wanted to spend but it was one of the only hotels in the area that did not require a 2 night stay. Location has a beautiful view of Lake George from the pool area but is a bit of a walk to downtown Lake George. Check in was friendly and efficient. Lemonade, wine cooler and cookies were offered complementary upon arrival. Our room was spacious, well appointed and had nice bedding/decor. We were greeted by a cute towel animal on the bed which was a nice touch. The property itself is large and well maintained. There are both indoor and outdoor pools, a putting green, small miniature golf course, outdoor movies for the kids, a nice, reasonably priced restaurant, concierge service, complementary morning coffee, a fire pit with adirondack chairs and a business center. We met the manager while lounging at the firepit. He was extremely engaging and personable. We were surprised to hear that the hotel was built in 1966 because it is so well maintained it appears much newer. We visited a local eatery that was recommended by the concierge and had a great dining experience. We also ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast and had an excellent meal at a very reasonable price. Not to mention great service by our waitress who was amusing, prompt and really seemed to enjoy her job. This is an exceptional property and I am already looking forward to another visit during fall foliage season!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George Hotel Lake George
- Holiday Inn Lake George
- Lake George Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit our newly renovated hotel located in the heart of Lake George nestled in the Adirondack Mountains. Our Holiday Inn offers some of the most gracious accommodations in the Lake George area. We are a short walk to the Village of Lake George and all of its local attractions. We offer breath-taking views of the lake and mountains from our front door as well as from many of our guest rooms. Each well appointed spacious guest room and suite offers complimentary high-speed Internet access, 32 inch plasma TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and all the extra amenities you've come to expect from an upscale hotel. Our guests will enjoy the many activities and amenities our hotel has to offer including a heated indoor and out door pool and kiddies pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna, fitness center and game room. Outdoor activities including a basketball court, playground, shuffleboard, putting green, and chessboard. Coming this summer - Holiday Inn Resort, which also brings scheduled activities for children, outdoor big screen movies, concierge services and a kids' activity center. Whether enjoying a leisure stay or a business trip a friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. The Lake George Holiday Inn is conveniently located just off exit 21 of the Adirondack Northway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.