The main building is where you want to be. The website doesn't show the rooms outside of the main building. The view of the lake was beautiful and it was close to everything. The pool outside wasn't heated and a bit cold. The resort is very nice to stay out HOWEVER....you don't want to stay in any other room other than the main building. We stayed in the outside rooms only because the main building was booked and I wasn't staying there for long, but the price I paid wasn't even worth it AT ALL!! Just please take my advice. If those rooms are the only ones available....your better off staying at the Quality Inn across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George