Our quick getaway was just that! My husband was offered a new job and said we'd better go away next wk because it would be a while before the new scheduled allowed him time off."YOU DONT HAVE TO TELL ME TWICE" we were just back from a trip 3 wks prior,since I work for myself its easy for me to take any time off. NICE HUH??? This is a very nice place,it was quiet, but we knew it would be, suits us just fine.We had gone to a museum that was adjacent to their grounds last year, and walked through the back and we thought it was sooo pretty.LAKEVIEW AND BIG POOL!!! The people were very nice and staff at the breakfast room were very friendly.We had no idea we'd be the ones staying here this year.Indoor pool small, but suffice.The sauna,we didn't use,and Jacuzzi was nice, fits like 8 people.Went down to the pier for fresh air, and no one was around. So different than summer when u cant even walk.The WHOLE village was closed EVEN MC DONALDS!!!That was funny. We drove into QUEENSBURY and GLENNSFALLS where they had a small mall and it was alive with shops and restaurants.We drove allot and took in the MAGNIFICENT VIEWS OF THE ADIRONDACKS.We love LAKE GEORGE and will go again soon.The beds were very comfy and room was fine, it would be great if they all had fridges and microwaves, but we bring a cooler everywhere we travel, so its all good.No complaints here. Tina loves Nel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George