“Last Minute Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 90 Hotels in Lake George
Medford, New Jersey
“Last Minute Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night on the way home after a Vermont weekend. The staff was friendly and the room clean but could use some renovating. The location was good and close to restaurants, bars, and activities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Jen91610,
Thank you for the kind words. In this never ending world of social media, it is refreshing to get positive comments. We are constantly renovating various sections of our rather large property. At times unforeseen costs throw our timelines off, but be assured the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is always the biggest priority.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267.
Sam Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wonderful hotel great location and the best lake george has to offer with everything nearby and room are nice and spacious with nice bathrooms and the lake view suites are best and amazing..always recommend to stay here in lake George area

• Stayed September 2013
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Munna4598,
Thank you for commenting on our hotel and informing other travelers about our accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and recommendation.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0265.
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed in the main hotel for 3 nights. The staff here especially, Sandy are terrific! They were friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The housekeeping staff were great also. Having a laundry room and business room on the premises was a godsend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side have a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Ariel L,
Thank you for sharing these positive comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words.
Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear when we have done our job.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for the praise!

Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Do not take the hotel's recommendation or use their free drinks voucher for the blacksmith steakhouse. Our dining experience at blacksmith was horrible and the hotel shohld be embarrassed to recommend the restaurant to hotel guests.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jchang00,
Let me start by thanking you for commenting on our hotel, in regards to your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we use this information to improve. Our goal is to create a great experience for each of our guests. We learn from every comment.
We are sorry that “The Village Blacksmith” did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your review with the Management at the restaurant.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for this useful feedback!
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

So my wife and I just wanted a night away so we booked a room here as it was about the only place that had rooms this weekend. What a mistake. We were put into the two story "annex" I guess you'd call it. What a dump. I have no idea how the main hotel rooms are but these rooms are a disaster. Peeling paint on the concrete walls, a bathroom door that won't shut unless you put your hip into it, a toilet that flushes itself every few minutes, the 1960's linolium on the bathroom counter that is pulling away from itself, rust over most of the shower fixtures. I could go on. Don't bring your kids, I'm sure the peeling paint is lead based. This place is old. The walk up to the room was on cracked steps and then over tiles that would get slick when it gets wet. Of the three cafes in hotel, one was open, the others closed because of weddings. The open one was outside and we hadto ask the outside heaters be turned on on a windy evening in late October. The internet didn't work and no one would pick up when I calledthe front desk. 10 rings and no answer. Oh well, I guess some guests are more important than others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mikeh,
We are sorry that our guest rooms did not meet your expectations. The front desk is trained to take every step possible to make your Fort William Henry experience a positive, memorable one. It sounds like we fell short.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback.
Corning, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was there for a conference in October and booked 3 nights. At about 6:30am, the fire alarm system went off. No one banged on my door or called me - I am a heavy sleeper, and have no idea how long it was going off before I woke up. I looked out my parking lot window and noticed people out there and thought I should go also. In my jammies. I was outside for about 45 minutes, and then allowed back inside. I asked the desk clerk if I could have a cup of coffee - she directed me to the restaurant - where I could pay for it. I told her "I am in my pajamas...", and got a rude response. Someone else came along and opened up a cabinet where they offer complimentary coffee from 11am to 5pm. ?. 11-5? Since the elevators were not working, I took the stairs to my room, where in the stairwells they had fold up roll away beds stored among other things. Fire hazard.Spoke to another couple in the stairwell - gentleman had a problem with stairs and I was told they would not move them to a lower floor. I noticed there was a Quality Inn across the street and thought I would check that out, since it was actually closer to the conference area - the Fort William Henry charges $1.00 for a local call. Went over there, looked at a room - beautiful, clean, friendly staff, and booked the next two nights. When I went to check out of the Fort William Henry, I had the same girl who directed me to purchase coffee in my pajamas after they woke me up. I asked 'Don't you want to know why I am leaving 2 days early or try to fix it?' Her response was she didn't care. Said she had already talked to me 'like' 3-4 times. No - one time - asking for coffee. The reservation manager came over and completed my checkout and gave me his card, all while telling me the importance of fire alarms. I did not have a problem with the alarm, and I do understand safety. My problem was staff rudeness. Not to mention the lack of safety with items stored in stairwells. Told me next time I am there he will do something for me. Seriously? That was the time to do something, because I will never be back. From my fellow conference goers, I was informed that the alarm went off again the next morning at 5am. I will say that the view from the hotel was very nice, and the room was as well. But I was much happier across the street, and will not be returning to the Fort William Henry.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor with a lake view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pryscylla H,
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your encounter with the Front Desk Associate who was responsible, but not responsive to your needs. The front desk is trained to take every step possible to make your Fort William Henry experience a positive, memorable one.
I also discussed the roll aways that were left in the stairwells with our Head Housekeeper.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback!
New Jersy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our stay at the Fort William Henry Hotel was most pleasurable. The staff were friendly and accommodating, especially Debbie at the Tankard Tavern . I appreciated the welcome email I received the day before we checked in. We stayed in room 206 of the Standard West Wing. Wonderful view of the lake and fireworks on Saturday night. The location of the hotel was perfect-a short 5 minute walk to the village, close to horseback riding stables and bike paths. We will definitely return to this hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear runner68NewNersy,
Thank you for commenting on our hotel and informing other travelers about our outstanding view and convenient location. We appreciate your compliments and kind words.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Happy Anniversary!
Sam Luciano

Been to Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!