“Still Bay is pure MAGIC!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Still Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Still Bay Resort
You added Still Bay Resort to your Saves list
3458 Lake Shore Drive, Route 9N, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #10 of 28 Lake George B&B and Inns
New York
“Still Bay is pure MAGIC!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

Magic! Our stay at Still Bay was pure magic! We had a grand vacation due to the amazing grounds, spectacular views and private beach, fabulous staff and clean comfortable and homey accomodations! We rented the apartment for a week, so cute! Very clean, had everything we needed, and more. The kids could run and have fun on the spacious well kept grounds, and play all day at the beautiful private beach. There was shade or sun at the beach, paddle boats and life jackets to use. We could relax, and the kids could play. We were close enough to the village so we could go into town if we wanted, but far enough away so we felt secluded. The breafast that was included each day was so delicious! Very high quality baked goods, cereals, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, juices and the BEST coffee! This was the first vacation we have been on, that I didn't want to go home! Usually after a week full-time with my husband and my kids, I am ready to go home - but not this time, I wanted to stay for another week!
I saved the best for last - the staff, Ron and his wife and thier entire staff are so friendly and warm, and not to mention accomodating, it felt like staying at a family memebers house! We already booked next year - I can't wait!

• Stayed July 2005

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2004

My boyfriend and I just returned from four days at Still Bay. The motel is wonderful, the staff friendly, and the slip for our boat perfect.

This was my first trip to Lake George and for him a return visit. He grew up on the Lake. We had a wonderful time and loved our stay. We would recommend Still Bay to anyone!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2004

Our annual August retreat to Still Bay is one of the most enjoyable traditions we keep.For over ten years we have gathered countless memories on Lake George, and Still Bay is our quietly rustic, yet sophisticated "home" base. Our host family and staff are so very accomodating, and they have maintained a setting of beauty without the hustle and noise of amusements, or altering the beauty of the natural setting. This serenity and calm, on one of the most beautiful Lakes, are what keep us returning to "our" Still Bay.

Still Bay Devotees Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Terryville, Conneccticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2003

We have been traveling and vacationing in the Lake George area for almost twenty years. About 4 years ago we stumbled on what we think is the best kept secret on the Lake. Still Bay caters to families with outstanding care for all their guests. They have a wonderful continental breakfast in the summer and boat docks for guests. They are continually upgrading what is already a splendid spot. A large beach, lounge chairs and a view of the Lake that just invites you to stay longer. Try this spectular spot you won't be sorry.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2003

Trip was very good. Wetraveled by two cars. One-me and my husband, other my dauhter with hasband and 3 children. "Still Bay resort" is a motel. Motel has exellent location with a beutiful view of the lake. Very close to everything. They have very clean beach front and delishes breakfast. One problem - accomandations. Rooms are very small, but very clean. Some rooms have very small bathrooms - just enogh space for one person. My daughter's family had only very small shower (no bath tub) size of a linnen closet. For 2 adults, 2 children and a baby it was horrible expiriance to be able to bath. I wish motel had nicer more updadet accomondations. Also, they need at least somethings on the property (like swings set or little playground) -it is enogh land for it. They have NO TELEPHONE'S in the room. Cellphone hardly working. Only one pubic phone by the office - you need change or calling card #. We did not know this and had no way of calling back home - Grandma got very worry. If "Still Bay " will correct this problems - I will call them a RESORT and give them A+. Right now - it is 4-. We will go again, but we need 3 rooms to be comfortable in this place. And this is too expensive for 4 adults and 3 children. By the way ,it is privatly operated by very polite, nice and welcome family. Yelena.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2003

Stay one week last summer and thought it was wonderful from the knotty pine motel rooms to the delightfuly breakfast in the manor house. I highly recommend this for some good 'ole peace and quiet by a gorgeous lake

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2002

As a 12-year veteran vacationer of the same place on Lake George, this year we decided to make a change.

A friend recommended Still Bay Resort. With that, we booked a 2-day stay, the weekend after Labor Day, just to try it out.. Still Bay Resort is a little jewel of a place, and is located a few of miles north of Lake George Village. A typical knotty pine, "Mom & Pop"-run place, SBR offers each guest a bit of personal treatment, that's lost at the bigger places. With only 20 units, the air conditioned rooms and grounds are meticulously kept. There's a 300 foot beach, and free boat docking for guests. No swimming pool, but the beach more than makes up for it. During the summer, complimentary continental breakfast is served to guests on the patio of the manor house overlooking the lake. Check out their web site for more info.

Been to Still Bay Resort? Share your experiences!