“A Wonderful Anniversary Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: French, American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally inspired farm to table cuisine located in a 19th century Queen Ann mansion on the shores of Lake George NY. Enjoy fine dining and eloquent lodging in 10 unique suites that match the style of the Inn.
WIlton Ny
“A Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I am reading the mixed reviews below and it seems there is an issue with consistency here. I'm glad we caught them on a good night.
I can say I was a little put off in the beginning with the slight 'tude of the Maitre D' (I agree he was a tad underdressed). But his comments quickly fell by the wayside. They custom made our menus to say Happy Anniversary at the top and allowed us to bring it home with us. Very classy and special! There was not one thing that was placed on our table that was subpar. The bone china was exquisite, The menu seasonal and our sever (Zach) was polite and attentive. I will mention that on more than one occasion we heard Zach and other servers not be able to answer the questions where they had to ask the Chef. We even inquired as the whether or not they were allowed to preview the food, they said they were but were still a little less than fully informed.
We loved the wine pairings and I wish the rolls would stay on the table instead of giving us one and leaving. We were like..."come baaack", they were so good, lavendar and sea salt rolls with home made butter. mmmmmmmmm
The fireplaces were lit and it was cozy and warm if a bit too pretentious. But lets face it, this isnt our lifestyle, it was a reason to get dressed up. It was a very expensive meal which is a bit of a downer too but we celebrated and had a great time.
I do want to mention that I thought the portions were small AT FIRST but they give you oversized plates so it looks small but they really arent. My Filet was easily 8 ozs and my husbands duck confit was generous too. You will not leave here hungry!

long beach, ca
“a breath of fresh air”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Dinner at this inn was a breath of fresh air after the overabundance of ice cream parlors and pizza joints at Lake George Village. The setting was tasteful and restful for relaxed dining. The food was excellent and the house wine by the glass was very good. My only word of caution concerns locating the inn at night as it is located off 9N on the lakeside with a single roadside sign. Otherwise, enjoy.

Hackensack, NJ
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Service was stellar and the food was superb. Expensive but well worth it. A truly fine dining experience.

albany
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I saw many favorable reviews on this website and the article in the Times Union and I was excited to take my husband for his birthday. We were incredibly disappointed. The portions were tiny. The service was friendly but not attentive. We don't mind spending money on good food, but we spent a lot of money on bad food. My husband sent his meal back which they comped. The Sysco rolls were cold in the middle. We also heard the table next to us grumbling about their "ordinary" desert. The building and grounds are gorgeous. We ended up going out to a pub after for our dinner.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Lake George
“New Year's Eve Huge Disappointment-restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Our 3rd year back for New Year's Eve was a huge disappointment!! We spent close to $2000 for 6 people for sub-par food that came out cold and totally unimpressive. There are no wines available for an average price. We picked out two different wines in the $100 range and we were told that they were not available, however they recommended other ones that were much more expensive.
Just to give you an idea, there were approx 10 bottles of wine from $30 to $100 and about 200 bottles from $300 to $1000. The owner has zero personality, with no appreciation for repeat/loyal costumers.