“Good Value for a Short Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Nordick's Motel
2895 Lake Shore Drive, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #35 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Fair Lawn NJ
“Good Value for a Short Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Recently stayed for three nights. Good value and owners take pride in their facility. Photos online were a little deceiving, we expected the pool to be much larger than it is and it doesn't illustrate that the motel is between two major roads and not on the lake side. Our room was newer than most and it was extremely clean. Owners are accommodating and it is a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed for a week for a get away with the kids. Really liked the price and wasn't sure what I would be getting.

Family run and it was obvious. We made a game out of trying to figure out the relationships between all of the staff members.

One of the room attendents thought we were done packing and came in to clean. He seemed embarrassed -- it was right at check out time and appeared they were getting ready for a crowd to come in. I felt bad for him since he was doing a good job and apologized twice. It was actually very nice to see someone so concerned about the job he was doing; he represented the place well.

No complaints at all. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. We added an extra night on and the staff was happy to accomidate us. We would go back.

Room Tip: Forget about parking in the village when off doing the tourist thing. Just walk from the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed at this motel for 2 nights. Rooms were very cleaned and well kept.
Great value for the cost. We got a discount for staying in the middle of the week.
Motel is about 7 minutes walk from main street and about 15 minutes drive
to outlook area in Glen Falls.

Deltaville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, it wasn't too bad. Bed still had sand on it from probably the people before us which was unpleasant, but I do have to say that the bathroom was very clean. Staff was fairly pleasant and I did love the pool. The seats on the sides are great and it was extremely clean! Also there wasn't 500 kids screaming and running around outside our room or the pool area. Its more for older couples which I loved because it was quieter and I didn't have to deal with toddlers or teens. The only bigger down fall for us is that we like to drink when we are near a pool but they advise against it, I understand why but as long as people are responsible and it's not to excess I don't see why it shoudl be a problem.

Clinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent part of our vacation here along with our two kids after spending a few nights with relatives (I grew up in Glens Falls). I probably spent four hours looking at motels online trying to find the right one. We needed something affordable that was quiet and clean. We weren't looking for a resort, but wanted to find the best value for our money. My girlfriend and her son had also never been to Upstate NY and I wanted them to love it. In short, we found the perfect place.

I booked online and when we showed up later that day the front desk person was extremely nice. I got the keys to our room and went in and checked it while everyone else was still getting out of the car. I came out and gave my girlfriend a thumbs up. The room was very clean, newish looking and although I thought we'd given up a good view of the lake being across the road from it, I opened the drapes to see we had a gorgeous view of the lake right from our room.

The bathroom was spotless. Sheets, towels and bedding were clean and like new, the mini-fridge was like new and fairly large. Part of the reason we got a motel was so the kids could swim in a nice pool. The pool only goes to five feet deep, but is in great shape, clean and was perfect for us. We observed the staff come out and test the water several times.

Located behind the motel is a gorgeous brook that runs along the property line. Also, although a motel can't really manufacture perfect guests, we thought everyone we encountered staying there were extremely warm and friendly, too.

This motel isn't a resort. It's not directly on the shore. It doesn't offer super plush accommodations, but if you're looking for a warm, clean and pleasant place to stay, this fits the bill perfectly. We will be back.

Room Tip: I recommend the lake view rooms. You get a great feeling that you're perched high above the lake...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bronxville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my second time to Lake George but the first to this Motel. I will certainly be back. I was a little concerned about staying here due to the prices being so low. (We got a great discount too as we stayed a full week) But this place is great. Sooo clean. Much cleaner than a hotel we stayed at last time for double the price.
So the rooms are clean, but so is the pool area which is very important to me. There is a little arera outside each room with chairs and a table too. The staff are friendly and it just is basically a great place to stay, It's minutes from the village. There is a trolly that stops outside but we never took it as it's so close. It's family friendly but it was never noisy or loud (and we were there for the fourth July)

Absolutley reccomend this place!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room which overlooked the pool, Im sure all the rooms are nice but that was lovely an...
Woodsville, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Don't overlook this hotel. It is right at the end of the "main" strip and hubub of the village. Within walking distance to all the action, but quiet at night. It has a nice heated pool. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very nice. The restaurant was EXCELLENT. The best meal we had all week. Great value. If you have kids and want a room close to the pool there are several that fit this bill. We had a room on the other side with a view of the lake, without the price of the lake. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but overall a Great Place to stay.

Room Tip: If you have kids and want to watch them from the room ask for a room behind the pool. If you are a c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nordick's Motel? Share your experiences!