“BE WARE : would not be my first choice not even my last if I would of had a choice !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Lake George

Call Direct For Best Rate
Ranked #52 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

when we first arrived and checked into to our room we noticed that the toilet seat was patially missing , my husband went right to the office and informed them of this matter so we were moved to the room next door well all I can say it was like a 1950's flash back and that's a problem since I wasn't born unitl the 70's very outdated bugs every where the odor was not pleasent ( moldy at best ) I was affraid to lay down on the bed the coverlet was stained with blood, it was quite nasty.... I was not a happy camper in any means . I would ste er clear of this place there are many hotels to choose from so ask to see the rooms before you purchase ....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We had a wonderful time at the Villager Motor Inn in Lake George. There were about 30 of us and everyone was very pleased with our accomodation. Excellent location, we could walk everywhere. The rooms were very clean and the owners were very accomodating and friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009
albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

i came here on july 8th and 9th and the rooms were very clean and well kept, and the service was very good, our tv broke and when we called the front desk about it and there was someone at our door with a new one within the next 3 minutes. everyone had a great time here, the family that owns it are very pleasant and willing to help. its at a great location, right near the beach. the pool was also well kept, everymorning we woke up and saw someone cleaning it. overall i would recomend this motel to any family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Beacon, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Me and my family have stayed here 3 times when coming to lake george. It isnt a great place to stay, but I would reccomend it over many others.

Positives - It is located right on Canada Street, but for some reason, the Villager is rather quiet, so it is easy to chill out. The Villager is not far from the stores on Canada street, the steamboat harbor, or the beach. There is a mini golf course across the street as well.

Negatives - There is a Mcdonalds right next door that is kinda dumpy, but convienient. The staff is somewhat lackluster. The only staff members that seem to be doing anything are the ones that clean the rooms. The pool is a little dirty and there is NO life gaurd on duty at all. The place doesn't have coffee, so you have to go to the mcdonalds next door for coffee. Parking is a little rediculous too, as there is only one way in and one way out

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

OMG! This has to be the WORST place in the world! We were there on a busy weekend,we had both of are small children it was late and had no were else to go. This is the only reason we stayed,Mold, Bugs everywhere Stinky cub webs, hair on the sheets, broken dressers just terrible. We tryed to get our money back, we would have rather slept in our truck!! But the owner refused he was A real Jerk ! Never,Never again! Stay far away.
A crack house in NYC is probably in better condition.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Port Chester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

the inn from 8-21-08 to 8-24-08 it was a great place to stay every thing was near we walk every where we was near the lake all the stores want to the fort willam henry we want on the cruises the minne-ha-ha we want horseback riding

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Poughkeepsie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Have been there a few times over past couple of years. On August 16, 2008, stopped in early to get a room, went to beach, came back around 3:30 PM. Couldn't get into our room !!! Called one of the employees to assist... After 5 minutes, he forced the door open with his body .. He left, then I thought ``What if we can't get out??? Sure enough, I couldn't open the door from the inside !!! Girl at desk was walking by, told her we couldn't get out.. She attempted, had to go get her father(owner)..
Aftewr many attempts, said it was the dead bolt... I told him I could see that the dead bolt wasn't locked.. He insisted it was, went back to lobby to get key.. On his return, he said he needed the key.. I said, `Don't go anywhere, I'll pass it under the 4 inch gap under the door.. The door had rotted a way. Finally, he bodily forced door open.. Says ok????? We, at this time, was furious and demanded our money back, which was no problem..
Never again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What amuses me??? I told the check in person that they had bad reviews on the web site.. I think she got even with us.................

Stayed August 2008

Been to Motel 6 Lake George? Share your experiences!