We found this little gem 3 years ago when we wanted to go to the track in Saratoga and have been back every year. We couldn't ask for any place better-we are walking distance to everything in Lake George yet tucked away from the bustle & easy drive to Saratoga. This year due to our daughters wedding in September we did not think we would be able to make it up but we took a last minute trip Columbus day weekend (the last weekend most things are open on the lake) We had the place to ourselves on Wed. & Thur. which was so enjoyable. The owners have always gone out of their way to make sure things are right which is what brings us back year after year.
Due to not having to go to the track this year we explored more of the area and discovered so many wonderful close places such as Bolten and Gore Mountain.
We have another daughter getting married next October so we will be either trying to sneak up for a long weekend in the Spring or be back for Columbus Day-either way we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sundowner Motel is conveniently located in Lake George Village directly on the shores of beautiful Lake George. We are a short walk from shops, restaurants, and activities in the village. Enjoy our clean, comfortable motel rooms, wonderful views of the lake, surrounding mountains and the other amenities that we offer:-Outdoor Heated Pool-Outdoor Kiddie Pool-Outdoor Deck overlooking Lake George-Outdoor Whirlpool-Free use of kayaks and rowboat-Free Wi-Fi-Private, shallow sandy beach-Picnic Tables and charcoal grills near beach-Laundromat-Free AM Coffee-All of our units are now non-smoking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sundowner Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundowner Hotel Lake George
- Sundowner Motel Lake George