“Inconsiderate and Unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 146 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Stillwater, New York
“Inconsiderate and Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Back on August 13th, I sent a private message to both Porreca's Facebook page and a private email message to the email address stated in their website (stay@nordicks.com is what I wrote to since the link on Facebook to http://www.porrecasrestaurant.com takes you to a foreign website) . To this day, neither have been responded to. And here is what I sent without even a response from them: 'Hi... My husband and I came to your restaurant last Wednesday evening for dinner.... My husband is a local solo musician at the Boathouse on Wednesdays and he does not get a chance to eat dinner until after 8pm. We were both in the mood for Italian Food that evening... As we were driving by your restaurant at about 9pm, we noticed the sign out in front of your restaurant that stated 'Homemade Pasta/Seafood/Steaks'... That got my husbands attention, so we decided to stop and give Porreca's a shot... Seeing that there were people dining on the patio, plus there were multiple tables seated inside the restaurant, we figured that you were still open to serve dinner. Once we walked into the front door, none of the servers came to seat us for about 5 minutes, until the bus boy kindly took us to a table. As my husband and I sat there reviewing the menu, none of the servers bothered to even come over to us to take our drink order.... We also noticed that one of the female servers seemed out of sorts and did not look happy at all... After about ten minutes of waiting to be waited on for our drinks, we decided to go and take our business elsewhere, since we felt that we were not tended to and apparently were not important enough as paying customers.... We ended up going to Mama Riso's Restaurant and let me tell you their food was fantastic and the service there was top notch... I wish we could have said the same for your restaurant, but apparently that wasn't in the cards for us that evening....'

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sykesville, Maryland
“Wonderful Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a nice Restaurant to meet friends in Lake George and we found it at Porreca's! It is a bit north of the noisy strip of Lake George Village and that was perfect, a quieter restaurant location and it even has it's own parking lot!
The food was fantastic, the service was fast and friendly, and the dining room was very clean and light with large windows with views of Lake George in the distance.
All four of us enjoyed our evening there very much and thank you to the staff for your friendliness and also for letting us linger over our meal as we extended our visit. This is definitely going to be a stop for our summer get togethers from now on!

Visited August 2013
Sparta, New Jersey
“Delicious Breakfast for a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The breakfast food here was out of this world! The scrambled eggs were delicious. My mom had apple pancakes. Let me tell you: They did not use compote. They cut up a whole apple into apple slices: 100% fresh fruit! We ended up sharing because those pancakes were so delicious. My 9 year old little cousin dug into his fresh blueberry pancakes and only left a quarter of a pancake because he loved them so much! My 9 year old and 14 year old cousin (and me, I admit it!) LOVED the chocolate milk. It was rich, creamy, and super delicious. All together, we had 7 people eating breakfast, so by the end, it was a little pricey; HOWEVER, individual meals were cheap. It's just when you have that many people in a party and one person insisting on paying the bill that it got a little pricey. No more than $8 for a meal with the portions they give you is phenomenal. It's not too small. It's not too large. It's just the right size. There's outdoor seating with a great view, but even sitting inside, you have a wonderful view! The interior is quite beautiful itself. We had a wonderful waitress as well. Great service and great food at great prices. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone! :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
YONKERS
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate at Porreca's on Friday night, July 19, 2013. It was a hot day in Lake George, and the first thing we noticed was that the air conditioning was not working well. It was quite warm in the restaurant, but we decided to stay because we had heard good things about the place. The staff was terrific, very attentive and very personable. The food was average at best, and the chicken parmigian was so tough I had to ask for a steak knife. Between the temperature in the building and the quality of the food, this was not a very pleasant meal, despite the wonderful people serving us.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Another Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have had amazing meals at Porreca’s.

The first time we ate here we were looking for a fine restaurant close to Lake George Village where we could pass the time while our teenagers roamed the shops. If you are like us and detest the tourist traps then Porreca’s is the place for you. It is just north of the village where Lake Shore drive splits off; convenient to the Village but away from the hustle and bustle. The restaurant is quiet and peaceful, nicely decorated in knotty pine. And the food is to die for.

This trip we started with delicious chilled tomato bisque and amazing red pear and honey salad, which were worth the trip on their own. For main courses we went with the freshly made pasta including tagliatelle con pancetta, and fettuccini ala vodka. The pasta is handmade on the premises and it was perfectly cooked and delightfully sauced. We really loved it. For desert, we had homemade strawberry ice cream, also made on site.

The menu also has a nice selection of other entrees such as veal picata, chicken marsala, steak, lamb, salmon, etc.

Service was very good. The staff was friendly and proficient.

• Visited July 2013