“Spotlessly Clean!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lake George

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Lake George to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4054 State Route 9L, Post Office Box 432, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #28 of 88 hotels in Lake George
Maryland
“Spotlessly Clean!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I honestly couldn't believe how clean this hotel was. I'm finding it fun to write these reviews so now I take time to notice more stuff than I did before, so I was actually looking for dirt. None! Honestly!! Even in the bathroom, no mildew anywhere. The bathroom was similar in colors and fixtures to the Borgata. We stayed in a 2 queen room on the top floor(4th) in the middle, 425 i think. There were times when we heard a baby cry or someone walking down the hallway talking loudly but I don't think you can go to any hotel anymore and be completely soundproof. Upon arriving I checked the beds for bed bugs, which is something I've never done before but there is so much talk these days about them that I thought better to be safe then sorry. I was very surprised to find, the bottom sheet was actually fitted, usually they use a flat sheet and fold and tuck it under, and it never stays put. There was a thin mattress protector not sure if it was waterproof or not but the sides and top corners of the mattress were spotless, not even any evidence of it ever being used. They were a little too firm for my taste though. There was a desk, chair and ottoman, tv, dresser, closet, and mini fridge. Never had any issues with the staff like some other reviewers did. We did the breakfast about 9am and while it was very busy, we found everything well stocked, and I believe there were 2 women restocking and checking all of the food. It consisted of cereals, bagels, french toast sticks, juice, coffee, and some danish. It was fresh and it was nice to meet some of the other guests in the hotel. I would absolutely stay here again, and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

608 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed here for two nights over Labor Day weekend. I was very impressed with how clean our room was. Cleanliness in a hotel room is THE top priority for me when we travel, and this room was very clean and seemed well maintained. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel, so I didn't see too much of it other than our room and the pool area, but the places I did see also seemed very clean and well maintained. The staff was very polite and friendly to us.
The hotel was very close to town (not exactly walking distance for most, but a very short drive), which was great for us since we didn't want to spend a lot of time driving around (or getting lost!). The location is very convenient.
There was a pretty long line for the breakfast buffet, but at least they offered it complimentary with the room (a few other hotels we looked into did not offer this service, and with a family of our size, a breakfast included is always a welcomed plus). Overall, we would say this was a nice place to stay for the weekend and we would stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The hotel was really comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We loved the complimentary breakfast that they offered. It was 1 less meal we had to pay out of pocket for. I agree with the other posters that the walls are really thin so you can hear everything around you but we didn't spend that much time in our room so it didn't bother us. The fitness "center" was really small. There is just 1 treadmill, 1 bike and 1 elliptical but we got down there one morning at 6AM and had the room to ourselves. The pool is a little small but we used it before everyone else and then went to the village.

There were a few museums in the village. We checked out the House of Frankenstein and the old Court House. We missed the Fort William Henry museum because they closed before we got there. It was a really relaxing weekend and we would def go there again.

We don't have a car so we took the bus up to Lake George, NY from NYC. The hotel was a 20 minute (roughly) walk to and from the Village. There is also a trolley that will take you back & forth through Lake George for $1. The scenery is so beautiful in Lake George that you don't really have to make many plans. Sitting back & enjoying the view was really enough.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Please take pre-cautions when staying here. I had reservations to spend a week at this hotel with my family. I booked my reservations here 3 weeks BEFORE I arrived, only to arrive at 8pm at night to find out my room was the last room available and they gave it away! Once they realized they were in a jam, they quickly made up a story to try and validate their error. They refused to accomandate me and my family and basically told us that we would have to find another place to stay. We repeatedly requested to speak with a manager or supervisor and neither was available. As we persisted, they called the manager on the phone, but she would not speak with us. We had to force them to help us locate some place else to stay, mind you it was now 10pm at night. My kids were hungry after our 4 hour journey there and everything food wise was closed. We managed to find a wonderful gentlemen at dunham bay resort who opened his doors and took us in for a few nights. Not only did he do that, but he gave us a cabin for less then what this hotel was charging us per night. On top of that we had to pay to stay here on Saturday night because the other resort was booked for the weekend. I wanted to go home, but these people would not give use our money back. The forced us to stay here after all that had already happened. i will never stay here again, and will never recommend anyone else to either. You may stay at your own risk! Very noisy hotel also. Did I mention the extra 100.00 you have to pay up front for incidentals? cont. breakfast was good while it lasted. Hotel was packed out, so u had to stand in line for a long time just to get something to eat. Lobby area was small too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
BROOKLYN, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

If you are looking for a pleasant environment that won't break the bank this isn't the place for you. The staff was unprofessional and seemed plainly annoyed and unfriendly, the hallways were noisy, and the room rate fluctuated as our trip was booked. After our long drive in to Lake George we were very much looking forward to our hotel yet we were unfortunately greeted with unfriendly staff and a customer dispute being handled in front of us about the cleanliness of their room. As our keys were being made two separate couples behind us were checking out early. After our first night stay we ended up switching hotels as well. The only positive about this hotel was its central location right off the highway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010 via mobile

Our family of four stayed at the wingate for three nights. Although the weather was rainy, the hotel provided us with rain day activities. Complimentary Breakfast was good, area was clean and large (but some flies around) and coffee was good. Indoor pool was small but ourdoor pool was large and cleaned frequently. Staff was very helpful. Hotel is a five minute drive to busiest part of town. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area based on its large rooms, convenient location, and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2010
Morganville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Hotel is on the southern end or about a mile away from the tourist shoppingstrip; 3-5 miles north of premium outlets; 5 miles south from certain marina's for parasailing and power boat rentals. Attraction to hotel was indoor and outdoor pool; substantial continental breakfast; and clean rooms. It was ok. AAA rates were $180 to $206 for various nights plus 14% taxes.

Hotel guide indicates that local and long distance calls are free or complementary but be very careful. They split hairs over the cost of the call versus the "access". The access may be free but the cost of the call is not. Just use your cell phone and you won't run into the resistance of the front desk.

Continental breakfast is served from 6:30 to 10am. Starting at 9am, the lines get a little lengthy so its best to run down earlier for breakfast and then go back to your room to get ready for the day.

Stayed on the 4th floor. Hotel attracts kiddies but noise and activity was tolerable.

Area restaurants that I ate at and recommend include:

Marios - Italian - good place on Canada Street
Garcia's - Mexico - be careful they hit you with a 18% gratuity for parties of 5 or greater
The Inn at Ellwood - luxury upscale - will set you back $80 a person - exellent but small portions
Old Post Grille - sports bar by the Premium Outlets
Log Jam for lunch - by the Premium Outlets

If you want a power boat to rent, we used Gilchrist -- they accommodated day before reservation - about $200 for 2 hours plus $3.79 per gallon for gas used --- you can do the entire lake in 2 hours -- they restrict you from going North of the Sagamore.

Chics Marina for Parasailing - $80 for a 1/2 hour. They make you double up. Also, if you are being picked up from the Lake George side, they also may trek you over to the Sagamore to pick up other riders which extends your time waiting to return.

Waverunner -- no places accommodate advance reservations. You have to call around like Chics or Thunderbird.

Fort Ticonderoga is 41 miles north of Lake George: it is the original site of the fort built by the french. Admission is $15 per person.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lake George? Share your experiences!