“100% a GREAT CHOICE!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lake George

You added Wingate by Wyndham Lake George to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4054 State Route 9L, Post Office Box 432, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #22 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
queens, ny
“100% a GREAT CHOICE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

OK so I have been reading horror stories about Lake George Hotels - I would definitly stay here again! Clean and friendly. Limited on little kids running around (but still kid friendly) - walls are thin so you can hear next to you, but let's face it, how often are you in the room?? - Breakfast pretty good for free - I do not suggest eating in town, take the 10 minute drive to bolton - book it either through hotels.com or advanced purchase through the hotel, makes it a lot cheaper.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Overall, we enjoyed our first visit to Lake George, despite the rainy weather. Wingate hotel is in a good location, close to town and all the places we wanted to visit for our 3 days, 2 night stay. While the room rate was reasonable, there are some things we hope the hotel could improve on. The walls are thin, and with lots of kids running aroung, we did not get a restful sleep. However, we found the queen beds and pillows comfortable, the indoor and outdoor pool and spa enjoyable, and the breakfast adequate. The front desk staff were friendly enough. The young lady at the breakfast room was very friendly and had a charming smile. Our toddler did find an empty water bottle near the bed (not ours) which proves that housekeeping is not thorough. We appreciate that they had free Wifi. Outwardly, the room and bathroom were clean. Not the best, but not that bad either.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Carmel, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed here for 3 nights. We had booked through Hotwire. Check in was quick and easy and the hotel didn't appear to be at full capacity. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and the people above us had kids that were running and making noise all night. Then they woke us up in the morning and we asked to switch rooms. The clerk at the desk was apologetic and moved us to the top floor. We didn't have any noise above us for the next 2 nights, but we could hear the people next to us very clearly. Thin walls and rude people are a bad combination. The rooms are typical- 2 "queen" beds that were clean overall. My husband did notice that in the 2nd room, there was a sock that didn't belong to us that remained there for our stay. So. not the best housekeeping, but the bathroom was clean. The location of the hotel is great. It's a quick 2 minute drive to the village. The continental breakfast was average. The first day was french toast sticks, eggs, bacon, cereal, little bagels and yogurt. The 2nd day they offered belgian waffles as well. They have both indoor and outdoor pools, a small arcade and gym. I'm glad we were able to get a reduced rate through Hotwire, as I don't feel the hotel was worth the full price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

This hotel looks good from the outside, but it not clean on the inside. The toilet was dirty, the room had dust behind the TV and more importantly...there was a cockroach in my room!!! We will never be back.
We stayed at this hotel when it first opened and at that time the toilet was dirty as well. We dismissed this as being the result from just opening, and the new staff lacking the eye for detail.
Last year I had reservations that I had to cancel two days prior due to work commitments and I lost my $135.00 deposit. This is just poor customer service...people can not control life events, such as, being called into work at the last minute, but at Wingate they do not care they are happy to take your money even when you call to cancel and do not even offer a credit toward another stay.

• Stayed July 2008
pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Sunday night of Easter weekend. We have stayed at several hotels in Lake George, as it is a good meeting point between us and his family in Quebec. When we arrived the hotel was almost empty. We were given a room on the back side of the hotel, facing away from where the front entrance is. We quickly realized that there was a dog, that belongs to a house on the backside of the hotel, that was barking continuously. We hadn't unpacked, so we called down and asked to be moved to the other side of the hall so that we wouldn't be disturbed all night. The clerk gave me a couple of room options and I asked which one had no one on either side, since the hotel was fairly empty. She gave us a room that there was no one on either side, we moved and everything was fine......until 11:30pm when they placed another family next to us. The walls were so thin that we could hear everything, and I mean every word that anyone was saying. The children were crying and this went on for about 1 hr, then quieted down. As we were going back to sleep the kids woke up again and the father was screaming at them. We called down and asked to be moved, yet again, about 1:30 in the morning.

We were finally able to get a couple hours of sleep before the maids started slamming doors and yelling back and forth to each other around 8 am.

My main complaints were the staffs lack of thinking when placing people in the rooms. When a hotel is empty, leave a room between the people to ensure peace and quiet. Having said this, don't waste the few dollars that you save between staying here and the Hampton Inn across the street. We have stayed at the Hampton on several occasions and should have done so again. This time the "bargain" at the Wingate came at the very high cost of no sleep. I will definitely not stay at this hotel again and probably not at another Wingate if the construction is so poor that there is no insulation between rooms.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

i have to agree with the hot tub was not fixed as they said it was, we had a great stay even with the lights going out,, hey we just played cards,
the room was nice and the hotel staff was wonderful. they suggested places to go eat and to shop
we enjoyed the other travelers we met.. it was nice to see a man and his children enjoying the hotel as much as us older travelers
we would stay there again we really enjoyed the pool,,

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Visited the Wingate for three day vacation with my kids. Excellent location, superior service from front desk staff which \capablhy handled a town-wide power outage that shut down the hotel for several hours with flashlights at the ready for all the guests. Very good complimentary continental breakfast that satisfied the whole family.

The ONLY drawback was the hotel's hot tub . As a certified pool operator for my own business, I know that when a hot tub starts to foam, it indicates that the water is saturated with dissolved solids (dirt, body oils, sweat, etc.). The more foam, the dirtier the water. The water in this hot tub was about as dirty as I have ever seen in a public hot tub. A black soot like substance formed on the foam after a short time of operation. I informed the management the first day of my stay and on the fourth day of my departure, the hot tub was still foaming badly. I refused to let my kids get in the hot tub due to the poor water quality. A national brand should require that the maintenance department be certified in the operation of a pool. Pools, and especially hot tubs, can be a dangerous source of infectious disease.

WARNING to travelers - if you enter a hot tub that has a lot of foam in in, understand that you are soaking in everyone elses dirty bathwater...avoid the foam....

Otherwise, the Wingate offered great value, superior service, and an excellent lodging choice for the Lake George area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lake George? Share your experiences!