“A very helpful staff at Wingate #30384” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lake George

You added Wingate by Wyndham Lake George to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4054 State Route 9L, Post Office Box 432, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 90 Hotels in Lake George
Franklin, Ma
“A very helpful staff at Wingate #30384”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our recent stay in Lake George by my wife and I was made better by all of the hotel staff led by Ann-Marie Castellano, Their knowledge of the area, events and restaurants was outstanding and it provided us with some great choices. The rooms were clean and spacious. The grounds were well maintained. The pool was clean. And one of the best parts was the intoxicating aroma of fresh baked cookies when you entered the lobby at certain times of the day. All in all a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks so much for your positive review! The cookies get everyone they don't last very long either. I am so glad we could help you find things to do while you were here and happy you enjoyed Lake George. Ann Marie is great, very sweet and helpful and she thanks you for the compliment. Please come and stay with us soon and you will get 5 dollars off your stay as long as you have a non discounted rate. This is $5 off your rate for each night. Please print this and show us at arrival if you would like to apply the discount. Enjoy your summer hope to see you soon!!!!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Friendly Staff, clean rooms, good breakfast(included)
Great value for the money. We would stay here again. Lake George area is beautiful.

Room Tip: I think rooms on the pool side have the better, more country type view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Desk at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come back again soon and enjoy your summer.

Farmingville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family recently stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham of Lake George. My first impression of our room was it wasnt clean and the AC was very loud. I actually found food crumbs underneath the couch! The first evening of our stay my son became sick with a fever and was crying very loud. I decided that we needed to leave because it was both unfair to my son and the other guests staying there who were surely not getting any sleep because of the noise. When I notified the desk around midnight that we had to cancel our stay because my son was sick the employee indicated he was going to charge us an early check out fee of $338.00 USC. He further stated Wingate must receive several complaints about a room to avoid the early check out fee and actually said that we should try and "stick it out". In addition, he told me if we had a problem with this fee for us to contact the director of sales Colleen. She referred me to the manager Kyle. I have attempted to contact him numerous times and left a voice message, but never received the courtesy of a returned phone call. In summation, I understand that its the policy of this facility to not refund money for an early cancellation, but it is my opinion that this is clearly an extenuating circumstance. I would not recommend you stay at this establishment. The Wingate by Wyndham of Lake George is obviously more concerened with money then their guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I am sorry that your son was ill during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for your consideration for our guests. We try to go out of our way to create and enjoyable stay for all our guests. It is for this reason that we designed the hotel with extra thick walls to be able to block out the excess noise from neighboring rooms. I am sympathetic with your predicament. We handle customer situations on a person to person basis and we have found that our guests are pleased with a fair resolution.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel looks new. Our room was very spacious and very clean. Everything in this hotel looks new. No complaints there. The location is pretty good - just 1 mile from the heart of Lake George Village. So it's very quiet, yet within a short drive of all the action.

Here are some things I did not like considering the price range (paid 180+ tax per night after discount, the regular price was 199 + tax);
- The water in both pools was a bit cool including the indoor pool. It took some time getting used to it. It was too cold for my wife's liking. Also, the water in the indoor pool was kind of cloudy.
- The WIFI in the room was not very fast and often malfunctioned. I was told at the front desk that the reason for the WIFI problems was that too many people were using the internet since the hotel was almost full. They said that they plan to replace the provider. So, hopefully things will get better in the near future.
- The breakfast was a mess. Huge line of people and the hotel employees not able/willing to quickly accommodate the demand. The quality of breakfast items was also poor. At 10am sharp they started removing the food and equipment from the breakfast room although some people were still trying to grab more food as they spent a lot of time in line and did not have a chance to get their food even though they came before 10am. I wished I just skipped breakfast altogether.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. The hotel is 5 years young and our house keepers do a amazing job with keeping everything up to our high standards. I appreciate your opinions and tips to make our hotel even better. We are in the middle of changing our interenet provider now, we do know the interent is a bit to slow. I am deeply sorry that the water was too cool. The pool is heated but the outdoor and indoor pool water shares so if it rains it may get a little cool. I am sorry your wife couldnt enjoy it. When it comes to our breakfast I am deeply sorry that the line was so long. When we are in sell out we just have alot of guest come down and for some reason almost all at the same time. Our breakfast employee most definately should have waited til the line had ended and i am sorry for that. We hope to see you back soon and enjoy the rest of your summer. We will definatley work on your concerns.

albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel is just off Canada street next to waterslide world,once you are at the hotel walk across the street and catch the trolly,for a dollar each way you can go into town and have a good time with out worry of driving back.The hotel is clean and the rooms are a good size,2 pools,business room and work out area.Th only cons to the stay,thin walls and the breakfast was just ok,need healty items in the mix.Otherwise no complaints....

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

i stayed one night here. rooms very good and comfortable, very large. good, basic breakfast buffet included in the price. my only concern was the AC system was noisy, but it was a hot evening/night. the place seemed mostly empty, i do not know why. nice location, some traffic noise.

Room Tip: as always, stay on the top floor. you want to face away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Rooms are clean and large. Outdoor heated pool and small indoor pool and hot tub. Good breakfast with bacon and eggs plus the usual continental breakfast items. Also a waffle maker.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lake George? Share your experiences!