“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 88 hotels in Lake George
potsdam
“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel during Americade. The hotel is new and the place is very clean. Our room was not really a suite. However, we enjoyed the large, comfortable and quiet room. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. When our TV had problems, someone appeared to fix it within 10 minutes. They loaned us a cord for the free internet connection - which was easy to activate. The free breakfast was reasonably good and the dining area was large and uncrowded between 8-9 AM. This hotel is about 2-3 miles from the village of Lake George and it is very close to the factory outlet stores. I would definitely return again next year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

Let me just say our family has traveled every where! From National Parks, Disney World etc. pretty much eveywhere in between from the east coast to the west coast! We travel together as a family for most of our trips. We booked this hotel because we wanted to visit Lake George for the first time! We booked two rooms at seperate times. I knew something was stange wthen my family member and I tried to get our rooms close to one another. The person who answered the phone (now I think it was one of the twin/brother managers ) gave mere every excuse in the book on why we could not be together. i got a really weird feeling, but soon quicky disappeared when we arrived at our hotel. The hotel was beautiful! The loby was beautiful! Beautiful playground for the kids and nice pool too! But, this is the nicest thing I have to say. We c ame in two cars and our other family members came sometime later. The manager (one of the twins I think) started with all the questions! Who is in your party etc. We said we had another party comming and I felt he tdidn't beleive us. So again I got another weird feeling, but checked in and went in to our room. These managers were just everywhere we turned! I felt like we were being watched the entire time! They glared at my children the entire time! One of my family members say the managers patrolling the hallways at night. . We all felt totally uncomfortable the entire three night stay! They offered a breakfast but they made you feel so uncomfortable. One of my family members went to get something for a sick family member and they said he had already been here! read the negative reviews on this site and they where right on! We loved Lake George, but would never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 6th year wedding anniversary up in Lake George to relax during Memorial Day weekend. We decided to stay at the Comfort Suites mainly because of the wonderful reviews the hotel continues to receive. We stayed in one of their beautiful suites that came with a jacuzzi and two fireplaces. It was spacious and very clean. The best part for us was that it was quiet. I remember reading some negative reviews from last year about families with children. Well I have to say that I am so very happy that there are places that pride in keeping their hotel in order and allow people to relax without having to listen to screaming and out of control children. We barely ever heard anyone and it seemed that the hotel was very organized. Even though we did not leave our room until noonish for the days that we stayed, we always came back to the room with the bed made and everything restocked. The complimentary breakfast was fine, especially since it is free. However, if you want to stay away from families, you might want to skip the breakfast because it does get a bit crowded. The location was great and we were able to hit up all the outlets and the main strip of Lake George with great ease. We would absolutely come back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed at Comfort Suites the weekend of May 15th. WOW! What a great area! The motel was great. Clean, comfortable. Our room was quite roomy and even had a pullout sofa bed. The prices were very reasonable and the breakfast was more than ample. Nice pool and hot tub as well. Alot of the motels we have stayed in before have paper thin walls, but we never heard a peep from the room beside ours, which was nice. They have a nice playground area/basketball courts out behind for the kids. The location is great and very convenient to the outlets as well as TONS of nearby restaurants. This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed and I would highly recommend it! We would definately stay there again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

I have stayed at the Comfort Suites for approximately 30 nights between Jan 09-May 09 while consulting in the area. Each of my stays has been thoroughly enjoyable. Prior to selecting the Comfort Suites as my preferred hotel in the area, I stayed at several others. Rooms are large and beautifully appointed. I have been in rooms ranging from Standard to Presidential Suites. The fireplaces, jacuzzi tubs, comfortable beds, high quality linens and great pillows are welcome after a long day at work! The pool and recreation areas are wonderful and I witnessed many happy families enjoying their stays. Skiing, hiking, golf, outlet shopping, fine dining, Great Escape Adventure Park and many other activities are just minutes away. Breakfast is excellent. The owners and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and always make me feel like I am coming home rather than travelling on business. I highly recommend the Comfort Suites Lake George!

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
NY Metro Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Stayed here over the weekend with my family as we passed through Lake George. The hotel is actually quite attractive from the outside and would be a great place to stay if you have kids or are on vacation. The bedrooms were large, new and clean!!! Spotless! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was not only spacious but practically brand new!

The continental breakfast was excellent. Your choice of cook your own waffles, cereal, English muffins, coffee, juice, scrambled eggs, sausage and muffins.

The hotel has a large indoor pool area with an awesome slide! Being that I am 29 I am a bit big for the slide but if you have kids they will LOVE IT! Also has a game room with pool, air hockey, pin ball.....

Behind the hotel is a large play ground and a basket ball court!

I highly recommend this hotel and its just down the road from Lake George Village!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

From the minute I pulled into the driveway I knew this hotel was going to be wonderful. The property is very well maintained, nicely decorated and taken care of. The staff greeted me immediately as I entered the door. The staff (which included the owner at 9pm) was very friendly and courteous. The cleanliness is remarkable. The rooms were made to be very comfortable for those being away from home.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!