“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Lewiston, Maine
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The room we stayed in was very spacious with its own couch. We had an enormous bathroom and a king bed. It was clean and well presented. The hotel staff were very friendly and informative. Do not eat breakfast there. It is not good. The eggs are powdered and it is not exceptional. Go to Sutton's is you want a good breakfast. The coffee is particularly bad

We stay every year at this hotel and are never sorry as it is very clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Pick a room almost anywhere. I would avoid the pool area for a room, though.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thankyou for your review and comments about Comfort Suites of Lake George. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We will try improve your experience in the breakfast room. We do offer a full complimentary breakfast with real eggs. I agree that Suttons and Silo are great places to go out for breakfast too. Have a great rest of summer.
George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The rooms are good size and very clean. We stayed with a group the hotel was great about trying to keep us all close. They are very strict when it come to the kids around the hotel. The pool area is also very nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thankyou for your survey and comments. The Comfort Suites of Lake George values your input. We try and offer a great hotel with great ammenities and offer a safe environment for all.
We hope to have you back with us in the future when visiting the Lake George area.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you make a reservation, check in, and stay here for your vacation and have no problems or issues that need to be addressed, then it's a fine place to be. Let me start with the good. The room is spacious and clean with microwave and refrigerator. It has a nice indoor pool with slide. There's free wifi and continental breakfast provided. It's also a short distance into town.

With that being said, I would never stay here again. Why? Because they have some really dishonest practices here. I had booked a king suite 4 months ago online at the rate of about 199 without realizing the max occupancy was 3 people. We had two adults and a one year old and three year old. Ok yes that's entirely my fault that I had booked the wrong room. Here's how they handled my situation when I tried to check in. They checked to see if there was a 2 queen suite available. Yes, there was, but only if I pay $40 extra a night. I was told that the price increase is for the room differential. LIE 1. I got annoyed knowing that most hotels, including this one, do not charge extra for 2 queen beds vs 1 king. I told him I'm not paying that much, then price came down to 30 then 25 then 20. The other option they told me was to cancel through expedia because according to them I had booked through expedia. Expedia had my money not them, they told me. LIE 2. I showed them my invoice and no where stated expedia, and later I called expedia, and of course they had no record of my reservation. I've been booking directly online at the hotel websites for years, and can't even remember the last time I used Expedia. When I told him that I didn't use expedia, I was ignored. Anyway I sucked it up and paid up because I had driven 5 hours to vacation here. When I went into the room I checked online to see that the current rate was 229 for my room if I booked the same day. So basically, he initially was trying to get me to pay $10 extra from the rate that was stated online. And also as I had suspected, the 2 queen and 1 king were exactly the same price. Most other hotels would've just let me switch into the 2 queen room without charging extra since it was available and the same rate category.

Like I said before, I would've had completely different experience if I had booked a different room 4 months ago, but often times a business is only put to test when issues or problems occur. How they handle it really reflects on their business practices. Just be aware if you end up having any sort of issues here; they'll make you pay as much as they can even if it means lying. Just check out the other bad reviews; many had the same experience as I did, although I paid pretty much the full price not discounted rate right from the beginning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I want to thank you for your review. Please be advised that guest did book through Expedia and paid expedia directly. The reservation was reserved for 3 persons and for a king suite. Guest showed up with 4 persons. Front Desk Agent moved guest to the appropriate suite with a room with 2 queen beds and sofa couch. There was no additional charge to guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the most friendly, clean and convenient Hotel in The Lake George region. My family and I have stayed at this wonderful place on multiple occasions and are always treated like royalty. Simply the best.

• Stayed July 2014
Thankyou for sharing your experience. We strive for great customers service and are glad we were able to provide you with a great stay at the Comfort Suites of Lake George.
Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I spent an enjoyable three nights at the Lake George Comfort Suites in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. It was our base for boat cruises on Lake George and Raquette Lake and a trip up Prospect Mountain. I would whole heartedly recommend this motel for cleanliness, comfort and location. We have stayed in some very nice places over the past fifty years. This one ranks near the top. The owners personally manage the motel and they know what they are doing. The complimentary breakfast is good and the dining area is clean. The beds are great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Larry,
Thankyou for your review of the Comfort Suites of Lake George. We try and maintain the property and offer great customer service. Glad we were able to accomplish this for you. Look forward to having you with us again.
New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent hotel, very clean. Check in super fast as well as check out. Complimentary breakfast needs improvement. Nice pool with slide, playground on back, basketball court, picnic area and you can grill if you like. Fridge and microwave included in room a plus. Close to everything. Nearby attractions and shopping. Great weekend getaway!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Katiuska2013,

Thankyou for your review of the Comfort Suites. Glad you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area. Hope to see you again.
Waterford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went just for a night to escape several days of rain. Got there at 2 and were able to check right in. Went to indoor pool area and had it all to ourselves for 3 hours. Kids loved the slide! Hot tub was nice too for the adults however it could have been cleaner. Beds were comfy, no noise, friendly staff. Nice continental breakfast in the morning. Had a great dinner at Log Jam, a minute down the road. Went to outlets on my way home next morning. Nice quick little getaway. Will go back again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thankyou for your comments! When in the Lake George Area please consider the Comfort Suites for your next stay.
George

Been to Comfort Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!