“Our Lake George Home Away!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Montreal, Qc
“Our Lake George Home Away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just love this Hotel.
We started to go there 5 years ago.
We love the central location and the size of the rooms!

The breakfast is good.

The pool area can get crowded but it's ok.

I hightly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Laval
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights (late July) at Mike Stark’s place. I say Mike Stark’s place (also his brother is co-owner) because I found it great that the owner was always there.

He did his best at breakfast with his limited space. Families stay longer at breakfast when are traveling with kids. It’s understandable. Mike was running the show & I realized he did his best to seat everyone, so I didn’t give him a hard time. What a great team of support staff! Everyone was friendly & helpful.

To top everything off, after we left from there for Vermont, we realized later that night that we couldn’t find our second set of keys. I called the hotel & they said they had found the keys! Long story short, they shipped our keys home!

Sufficed to say, next time I’m in the area, I’ll be staying at Stark’s place. Professionals.

Room Tip: Suite was perfect. It gave a the room we needed!
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Comfort Inn Suites in Lake George continues to be a favorite with my family. The Stark brothers (identical twins, Michael and George) run an excellent establishment. My kids now go to summer camp in the area and we always stay in this hotel when visiting for parents weekend and/or on the way back home when they are picked up at the end ot the summer session. My kids love this place, especially the pool. The breakfast is also good (with hot choices -- try to get to breakfast before 8:00am as it gets crowded and there may be a wait). The staff in addition to Mike and George, are very helpful and professional. It is truly a family run business with their mother, Marilyn, providing assistance during the breakfast times. She is lovely. And then there is Patty, who is at the front desk most days, and she's a hoot! But also very knowledgeable about the area.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

When you first step into this hotel you can tell that it is run by people who prioritize quality and who care about their customers. The staff are very friendly and the two brothers who run it are very nice and you can tell that they take good care of this hotel and want people to keep coming back. The rooms are up to date and well kept, clean and inviting. The only thing I wasn't pleased with was that the headboards were not cleaned well, they were a bit greasy because you can see hand prints on them. And I wasn't too crazy about the free breakfast and making my own waffles, but it was organized well. The pool area was clean and the kids enjoyed it very much. I would recommend it to friends and family who visit the Lake George area. It is family and kid friendly and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. We were impressed by the hotel - it was clean, staff was very friendly, continental breakfast was good and it was great for families. The pool is awesome - especially the slide. There is a great playground outback and I think there are even BBQ pits to cook on. This hotel had everything we could have wanted and more. Super impressed and we will for sure return. The only negative was the hotel was militant about enforcing the rules of how many people in the room, we were asked multiple times about this, when I had fully reported who was in our room. I let a friend who was staying at another hotel come up and see the room so next time she would book there, and we were questioned. This was strange to me. So for those who are booking, and you think you can only claim to have one kid instead of two, to avoid an extra charge, this hotel may not be for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've stayed here with my family and friends many times. It is my preferred accommodation in the Lake George region. It is less crazy than the Great Escape and still has a nice pool and good location. (Actually, the hotel is set up on a hill a bit away from the main road which makes it feel quiet and set in a nice surrounding.)
The rooms are comfortable with efficiency appliances and sofa beds. There is a free breakfast which is delicious, especially the waffle maker station.
The place is clean and has great staff. I have stayed there since they opened about 7 years ago and the faces are familiar each time. The people of the Comfort Suites are kind, attentive and nice to my kids. When a mishap occurred and my 3 year old vomited in the hall, they made every effort to avoid making me uncomfortable - insisted I not help clean up, etc... just good people to run this kind of family vacation hotel.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else in LG - and this is my usual "first night" stay on my way from Montreal down to NYC, or for a weekend in the Adirondacks. Highly recommend -

Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The best by far. Over achieved expectations. Friendly staff and a wonderful pool (wonderful slide that my son went on over and over again). . The location of the hotel was not too far from the strip. The only thing I think that was disappointing was the Continental Breakfast. I am planning a another trip there in the Fall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!