“The best hotel in New York State” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Pearl River, New York
“The best hotel in New York State”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Comfort Suites of Lake George is the BEST! I love the comfort of the queen size bed, the lamps that are so easy to use and functional. The desk lamp has 3 ways- low,medium and high. The shades on the standup lamp and by the bed have diagonal shapes that are very attractive. The pink and maroon stripes on the fabric of the soft chair are so pretty.The headboards were practical and the pictures above it enhanced the atmosphere. The refrigerator with the small freezer was a welcome surprise. The microwave on top gets an A+. The mirrors in the room and bathroom, vertical and horizontal, make it so easy to get ready for the day's activities. They reflect light and help you finish getting ready for the pool or heading out to the firehouse for meetings.
I am 71 years old and can say that this hotel is very very best that I've ever stayed in during my lifetime. The TV had a large screen and you could get very good programs. The free breakfast was a welcome surprise. It had a large variety of choices for guests and the room was pleasant with a large TV above a fireplace.
The staff at the desk were very friendly and treated guests promptly and in a professional manner. The service was excellent and all staff worked hard to serve the guests as if family. All the staff at the desk, breakfast area and Janet, my housekeeper, were very courteous and helpful.
The pool and the whirlpool were great! You could unwind in the whirlpool and then swim in the pool, while others go down the circular water slide.The artwork on the walls depicting scenery of Lake George's natural beauty with bears climbing trees to people enjoying water sports.
I can honestly say that this hotel is #1. The last time I used my suitcase was to go to my twin brother's funeral 3 years ago. The sympathy cards were still in my suitcase. My stay at your hotel has given me more energy and joy, and I thank you and all your staff for making my stay so comfortable, pleasant and rejuvenating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Joppa, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I spent 4 days at this location. I was a little concerned based an a few recent post on Tripadvisor. But after we checked in I saw that the other bad reviews were probably 1 offs due to 99 percent positive reviews. The staff at check-in was great. I even meant one of the owners and he was truly down to earth. On Sunday, Father's Day, my son got sick and I needed to find an Urgent care facility. The lady at the desk told me how to get to HHHN in Warrensburg, NY which was great service also. The breakfast daily was great also. The facilities were great also. The indoor pool with slide was great. The infant pool area was great for my son. The playground outside was great also. We did have a issue while there, but they had to pick sometime to acid wash the pool. The pool was down on Monday for cleaning and washing. We were given the option to use the pool at the Mohican Motel next door (that property belonged to the owners parents). That extention of that amenity made my wife and son happy. The weather truly did not cooperate while we were there but, the hotel was great. The Starks are truly friendly and we will go back SOON.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front for a view and Sun in the morning
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Salonga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We took a family vacation to Lake George. Included were our daughter, son-in-law, two grandchildren, my wife and self.

Starting on the day we arrived, one by one, everyone became ill except me. When the staff hear of our dilemma they could not do enough for us.

They made sure our rooms were serviced at times that were least disruptive for us and constantly asked what they could do to help our situation. This is especially true of Mike and Janet.

We will probably try for the same vacation next year, hopefully without sickness and we will certainly stay with our friends at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I left a hotel in the area and stayed at the Comfort Suits based on a friends recommendation. Rooms were cleaner, a good size, and staff was awesome. The breakfast was nice and hit the spot. Would come back over and over again.

• Stayed June 2013
Elkton, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Typical Comfort Suites. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Cinnamon waffles were a nice treat. Prices were increased during the event, which is disappointing. This is a per-season event; you would think the businesses would encourage travelers, not rip them off.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor do not need elevator to access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
potsdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful during our check-in and check-out. Our room was modern and particularly clean. The wifi hook-up was easy and reception was good. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet, which was a little surprising due to all the motorcycles (Americade week) and activity outside. Breakfast was OK and there was plenty of food and room to get a separate table. This is a nice hotel and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Top floor and rear of hotel is quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I read all of the TripAdvisor reviews before booking this hotel, so I went in with the knowledge that this place is not known for it's customer service, but held out high hopes anyway. The rooms were large (though I do prefer the Comfort Suites that actually have a separate living room where you can close the door to this, which was more like one large open room) and clean, and had all of the things you'd expect in a standard hotel room. The wi-fi worked beautifully, there was a decent sized tv in the room, and the mini-frig was perfect for storing the food from our cooler. The shower was warm and the bathroom was very large, which was really nice when getting ready.

I will say that the staff at the checkout desk seemed professional and welcoming when we were checking in and out, but it was a different story at breakfast, as many have noted. The first 2 days we were there, the hotel was definitely not at capacity, so we were able to get in and eat with no trouble. When I made the lady working the breakfast aware of the fact that they were out of eggs, she seemed a bit snippy, but did take care of it promptly. However, the last day we were there, they refused to let us into the dining area when we came down and asked us to wait until they had a table available. We were in a hurry, and asked if we could simply get our breakfast and take it back with us to the room, and they still refused to let us in. We didn't have to wait long (it was only a couple of minutes), but it was crazily crowded in the dining area when we came in. It's a good thing we did decide to take a table, because half of the items on the buffet were out when we got in there. I let the lady who sat us know about this, and she asked me to "be patient". We grabbed what we could and sat down, and over the next 10 minutes, we saw various items we were waiting for re-stocked, and went up and grabbed them while we could. The breakfast spread (when fully stocked) included belgian waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon (varies daily), mini danish, mini muffins, mini donuts, bread, english muffins, 3 cereals, apples, milk, orange & apple juice, and coffee, for those that are interested.

One other item of note. Customer service is very important to me. While I would not say we encountered a tremendous problem ourselves, I did notice on Saturday night when we were coming in that there was a large group of what appeared to be multiple families trying to check in and encountering quite a bit of resistance from the front desk. I had read about the experiences other travelers had regarding the number of people in the room, and this appeared to be the problem for these people as well. What I overheard of the conversation included a gentleman asking "They sleep 5 people right?" and the front desk manager responding with "I just can't do it." as he leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed. I heard another gentleman offer to let one of the children in the group stay in their room instead, but the front desk manager didn't seem pleased with that option either. I can't provide any more details than that, as we were witnessing this while we waited for the elevator, and the doors opened after that, but I definitely felt that the front desk manager was being un-necessarily rude to these people... he was doing his best to work against them rather than with them, from what I saw. I just want to be sure I'm painting an accurate picture here, since this would concern me in terms of being able to recommend this hotel to anybody in the future. I'd be horrified if anybody I knew stayed here and encountered that kind of treatment. I guess the other reviews are right on the money here... make sure you reserve your room for the appropriate number of people if you don't want to run into serious problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!