“Thanks!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
“Thanks!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I left a hotel in the area and stayed at the Comfort Suits based on a friends recommendation. Rooms were cleaner, a good size, and staff was awesome. The breakfast was nice and hit the spot. Would come back over and over again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Elkton, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Typical Comfort Suites. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Cinnamon waffles were a nice treat. Prices were increased during the event, which is disappointing. This is a per-season event; you would think the businesses would encourage travelers, not rip them off.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor do not need elevator to access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
potsdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful during our check-in and check-out. Our room was modern and particularly clean. The wifi hook-up was easy and reception was good. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet, which was a little surprising due to all the motorcycles (Americade week) and activity outside. Breakfast was OK and there was plenty of food and room to get a separate table. This is a nice hotel and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Top floor and rear of hotel is quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I read all of the TripAdvisor reviews before booking this hotel, so I went in with the knowledge that this place is not known for it's customer service, but held out high hopes anyway. The rooms were large (though I do prefer the Comfort Suites that actually have a separate living room where you can close the door to this, which was more like one large open room) and clean, and had all of the things you'd expect in a standard hotel room. The wi-fi worked beautifully, there was a decent sized tv in the room, and the mini-frig was perfect for storing the food from our cooler. The shower was warm and the bathroom was very large, which was really nice when getting ready.

I will say that the staff at the checkout desk seemed professional and welcoming when we were checking in and out, but it was a different story at breakfast, as many have noted. The first 2 days we were there, the hotel was definitely not at capacity, so we were able to get in and eat with no trouble. When I made the lady working the breakfast aware of the fact that they were out of eggs, she seemed a bit snippy, but did take care of it promptly. However, the last day we were there, they refused to let us into the dining area when we came down and asked us to wait until they had a table available. We were in a hurry, and asked if we could simply get our breakfast and take it back with us to the room, and they still refused to let us in. We didn't have to wait long (it was only a couple of minutes), but it was crazily crowded in the dining area when we came in. It's a good thing we did decide to take a table, because half of the items on the buffet were out when we got in there. I let the lady who sat us know about this, and she asked me to "be patient". We grabbed what we could and sat down, and over the next 10 minutes, we saw various items we were waiting for re-stocked, and went up and grabbed them while we could. The breakfast spread (when fully stocked) included belgian waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon (varies daily), mini danish, mini muffins, mini donuts, bread, english muffins, 3 cereals, apples, milk, orange & apple juice, and coffee, for those that are interested.

One other item of note. Customer service is very important to me. While I would not say we encountered a tremendous problem ourselves, I did notice on Saturday night when we were coming in that there was a large group of what appeared to be multiple families trying to check in and encountering quite a bit of resistance from the front desk. I had read about the experiences other travelers had regarding the number of people in the room, and this appeared to be the problem for these people as well. What I overheard of the conversation included a gentleman asking "They sleep 5 people right?" and the front desk manager responding with "I just can't do it." as he leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed. I heard another gentleman offer to let one of the children in the group stay in their room instead, but the front desk manager didn't seem pleased with that option either. I can't provide any more details than that, as we were witnessing this while we waited for the elevator, and the doors opened after that, but I definitely felt that the front desk manager was being un-necessarily rude to these people... he was doing his best to work against them rather than with them, from what I saw. I just want to be sure I'm painting an accurate picture here, since this would concern me in terms of being able to recommend this hotel to anybody in the future. I'd be horrified if anybody I knew stayed here and encountered that kind of treatment. I guess the other reviews are right on the money here... make sure you reserve your room for the appropriate number of people if you don't want to run into serious problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

As always had a great time! Stayed 1 night for relaxation and a little shopping. Rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast had a little of everything. Pool was fun but the hot tub had a lot of chlorine in it. Staff was friendly and very helpful as usually. The only place I stay when I go to Lake George!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Moira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a wonderful stay! My son, age 5, loved the slide and the water tree. My husband, WAY older than 5, enjoyed the hot tub, and the pool water was warm enough for all of us! Our son also loved the game room!

The room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a king suite with a sleeper sofa. The pillows were on the small side, but we had a lot of them. The king bed was quite comfortable, but the sofa bed wasn't anything to write home about.

The breakfast was pretty typical for a free spread: waffles, fruit, eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, toast and pastries. It was good enough to meet our needs.

The location is great. The hotel is close to the interstate, outlet mall and Great Escape, but far enough out of the village to avoid the congestion and heavy traffic). We were also just a few minutes from a number of chain and local restaurants.

The owners, who worked the front desk the day we checked out, were friendly and professional, as was the breakfast staff and cleaning staff. But the two women working the front desk when we checked in went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They were patient with and kind to our son, and they were quite social.

We'll definitely go back to this hotel next time we're in town.

• Stayed April 2013
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took the family overnight to break up week long school break.Saw the pictures of the pool area which convinced me to choose this hotel and it did not disapoint.First let me say-I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THIS SPYING OR BEING HARRASSED SITUATION at all. My kids were literally in the pool for 2 days straight and never were told to keep quiet or calm down etc etc.The slide is great for kids-4-12.the pool is large and they have a hot tub.Breakfast was a little below par-but it did the job for free. Swamped between 9-9.30 free newspaper,larger than avg bathroom,towels handed out for the pool,working elevators,clean--whats not to like $89 AAA rate. Close to everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!