“Fine for the area and type of trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Green Haven Resort

Green Haven Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Green Haven Resort
You added Green Haven Resort to your Saves list
3136 Lake Shore Drive, Lake George, NY 12845 (Formerly Green Haven Motel)   |
Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
New York
“Fine for the area and type of trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is a little outside the Lake George village and it was as dated as you would expect for a seasonal tourist town. But remember, 90% of the motels around there are like that so don't go in expecting the Ritz.

We were part of a large family group that had multiple kids. The cottages are arranged around a central grassy area with a pool (weather too cold to take advantage of). The kids, ranging in age from 2 to 10, loved just running and playing and being outside as their parents mingled by the cottages.

As for the interior, small showers, no bathtubs (tough for bathing kids). Just 2 foot long towels for after shower so we ended up using kids pool towels we brought with us as our shower towels.

The game room is 3 old video games and a pool table (coin operated). But it served as a change of pace for the kids for a few minutes.

I heard there was a breakfast set up, but we did not check it out. The owner was nice, but since there were not any problems, I did not have much interaction with him.

It's pet friendly.

Room Tip: Our cottage was close to the road, ask for one away for quieter sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in the queen guest rooms in the back woods area. Very nice owners and will bend over backwards to help you. The rooms are dated, a little cramped, small bathroom, and a little mildew smell. Maybe we should have upgraded to cottage. But it was economical. Nice pool. Also lovers beware ... very thin walls! LOL

Continental breakfast is very modest and located across the yard in the back of the main building.

Room Tip: For budget watchers
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have traveled all around the world but this motel has the distinction of being the absolute worst I have ever had the displeasure of staying at. One star doesn't do it justice. It's so outdated, it should be criminal. Nothing has been changed or improved since the early 1970's with the exception of the hot tub. That was probably added in the 80's. Not that it's in working order. The heating element is shot and it hardly gets over body temperature.

The game room, pool area, windows, curtains, beds, air conditioners, even the in-room fly swatters were all well over 30 years old. There were more bugs inside the "cottage" than there were on the front porch. In fact, I even found fleas! I was so disgusted that I wrapped myself up like a mummy in a sheet, even going so far as to completely cover my head & face, because I was so terrified of the possibility of bed bugs. I hardly got a wink of sleep.

The next morning, I went to "breakfast" hoping the place had some redeeming quality. What a joke! You couldn't pay me to eat any of the stuff they laid out in the reeking of mildew basement that they call a "coffee room". You're lucky if mold is all you smell, though, because if the owner is around, you're liable to get a healthy whiff of his disgusting body odor to go along with your stale breakfast bread. Apparently he doesn't use deodorant ever because every single time I was near him during our 3 night stay, he was exuding the most vile scent one could imagine from his armpits.

Seriously. Don't walk away from this place RUN! There are plenty of other places to stay in Lake George and I'm pretty sure none could be any worse than Green Haven.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Patterson, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I am from Glens Falls area and have not been home for a visit in 8 yrs, so my family and I went for 6 days. We did not want to impose on family, plus we had our dog so we looked into staying here. I never once regreted it at all. The best way to describe the place is rustic, it matched the atmosphere of out doorsy like. By all means it was very cozy and comfy and felt like home. We had a wonderful trip and enjoyed our stay so much, we will stay again with them. Thank you for the wonderful week.

The Boudreaux Family

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We had to change our plans last minute and called Green Haven to see if they had anything for Memorial Day weekend. We had 6 in our party with 3 dogs and other special issues. Doug was fantastic from the moment I called him to the minute I handed him the key after 3 nights. The facilities are a little dated but they don't look any more dated than anywhere else in the area. The 2 bedroom unit was clean, spacious enough for everyone to hang out in the rain and the furniture comfortable... My biggest issue had nothing to do with the facility. Rather the inconsiderate motorcycle's revving their motors at 1am. Also during the day you can hear the traffic on route 9 if the windows are open. This was an issue for us, but not people who weren't close to the road. Turning the air on resolved it.. It appears they are fixing the place up slowly but surely. I liked that the price was reasonable, included continential breakfast and while a 5 minute drive to center of town and certainly walkable, far enough away not to hear the noise etc... We plan on going back

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

first time here owner Doug great guy did all to make us happy our dog was in her glory had porch to hang out on walked around found other dogs to friend with we love loved love this place cant wait to go back we deff will come back with our Maddy we know she cant wait !! along with visit to Lake George where so many were greeting us all!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

Very nice owners. Easy to deal with on phone. Very helpful and eager to please.

Rooms were clean, thanks to Wendy the housekeeper. Room cleaned, towels changed daily.

Working A/C, fridge, and color TV with cable.

Good location. 3 minutes to town, but far enough away to get a good night sleep.

Owners live right on property, we felt plenty safe there.

• Liked — Owners and location
  • Disliked — Rooms were clean but could use updating.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Green Haven Resort? Share your experiences!