“A great deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Wappingers Falls, New York
“A great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our Labor day vacation this year and we were very pleased with the place! room was clean and the owner Rob was very friendly. The bed was comfortable and we have a nice stay here overall.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brian,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found value in our Labor Day package. We offer lodging, dining and attraction package for most holiday weekends and we hope that you we keep us in mind for your next visit to Lake George.

Rob Gregor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
tyne and wear uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you have read any road trip novels, watched the movies, or just used your imagination, this is your home grown all American Motel, 60s-70s décor but totally comfortable room at a good price for the area,no problems at all for a one night stop over in the Adriondacks. Easy walking distance into town, for food and drinks

Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the Motel Montreal. We do not receive a lot of comments regarding the nostalgia factor of our property and I think that you address a really cool and interesting angle. The Motel Montreal is a member of a dying breed of exterior corridor roadside motels constructed for the automotive age when mom and and dad packed the kids in the car, drove four hours and spent a summer's week by the lake. Guests were personally greeted by the owner and the staff knew your name. We try to recreate some of that nostalgia at the Motel Montreal while integrating the 21st century into our rooms (flat screen, microwaves, WiFi, coffee makers and fridges). It is a fun place to own and we greatly appreciate your business and you review. Drive safely and we hope to see you soon.

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at the Motel Montreal. Rob the owner and staff is very in tune to the needs of their patrons. Room was clean and kept that way on a daily basis. Even with a water main break close to the motel, it didn't put a damper on our trip. Rob made sure we were comfortable. Enjoyed the walk to the town. Great suggestions on where to were dine offered. Asked for more towels and they were brought immediately. We have stayed in other places in the village and this by far is the best as the hospitality offered was A-ONE! We look forward to staying next year!

Maryann,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Car Show 2013 was a lot of fun and, between the water main break at 3:00 am, a toddler and a 3 month old in the house, I didn't sleep much that weekend. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again in 2014. Have a happy, healthy and safe new year.

Milford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I was given as a gift a trip to Lake George at this motel by my daughter and son-in-law. Although I have been to Lake George before, I never stayed at the Motel Montreal prior to this. Well, based on my experience I would definitely come back. To start, the staff here was extremely welcoming, courteous and helpful. They seemed to make it a priority that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. The property and rooms were very well maintained and clean. (really important to us!). As far as its location, you basically can walk to everything in the town of Lake George. We came up for the Car Show, (which I highly recommend to anyone for a great fun event), so it was fantastic that we could park our car at the motel and basically leave it there without having to fight with parking in town. The little things in the room such as a refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV were just another aspect of adding to our comfort. I highly recommend this Motel to anyone going to the Lake George area. You will be extremely satisfied with the hospitality and overall comfort. The Motel Montreal just stood out from all the other places that we have stayed at prior to this in Lake George. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms directly across from the pool was just convenient as well as spaced from other rooms across th...
Bill,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing such a nice review. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting you and we hope to see you again in 2014. Car show is always a fun weekend at the Montreal and guests such as yourself make the event. We hope that you had a great autumn and we wish you and your family a very happy new year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I went to Lake George for the first time in my life and at first I was little bit anxious about it . Cos I didn't know what to expect first thing I did when I step in the motel I asked the owner what to do there . They gave me great tips and places for the entertainment there . The room was very clean and that is the most important thing I'm concerned about when I'm sleeping away from home . I got service room everyday and nothing was missing out and the room smelled nice . I got free parking space , my car was parked in front of my room . The location is ok you can walk to the center of the village without hesitation . Overall nice stay there.

• Stayed August 2013
Cherrly,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the Montreal. I am very glad that you enjoyed your first trip to Lake George and that you found cleanliness and comfort at our hotel. We hope that your winter is off to a great start and we hope to see you at the Montreal in 2014.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Convenient walking distance to center. Bathroom is cleaned and newly renovated. We book a non-smoking room but the room smells something..smells like a wet carpet or clothing that was not dried or is it the wood? Bed- if the person beside you try to move, you will feel it and you will move to (woobly/wav), it's hard to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you took note of the cleanliness and updating in our bathrooms. With regards to the smell, we us a special deodorizer in every room following check-out. Usually, this mitigates any lingering odors but you could always lets us know if there is a problem and we could move you to another room. Indeed, we encourage guests to let us know if something is not right, so that we can fix the problem. Thanks for staying with us and we wish you a very happy, healthy and safe new year.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The owner was very nice when we arrived and provided us with everything that came in our package. (We really got a great deal...check their website for packages.) The room was super clean and spacious. There was plenty of room for the pack and play we had brought with us for our 14 month old. The bed was comfy, but the pillows were kind of flat. I like a fluffy pillow. The furnishings in the room were also better than I expected. There is also no tub, just an enclosed shower, which I must have missed when reading about the place. Not a big deal (our daughter can stand), but it wouldn't be good for a very young baby who needs a tub. (Towels were a little thin too, but they got the job done.) The location was a little far from town for us with a stroller, and there's no super close place to grab a quick drink or snack. The microwave was good, but the fridge didn't really keep things cold enough for us. (Maybe there was something wrong with ours.) Walls were a little thin, but I didn't hear much noise and the hotel was full. Pool looked nice, although we sadly never got around to using it. Room was cleaned promptly every morning. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am ecstatic that you found value in our packages. I work very hard with local restaurants and venues to negotiate deals on tickets and our packages are a great way to experience Lake George. I am working on the 2014 packages right now and I am very excited about some new attractions that we hope to offer.

With respect to the rooms, some rooms have stand-up showers and some have tubs. If you need a room with a tub, please let me know when you book and I will be happy to get you one. Likewise, we can always get you more pillows or towels if you ask. With respect to the location, there are two restaurants directly across the street from us (Tamarack Inn and Mario's) and we are a seven minute walk (with stroller--I have a two year old) to the center of town. Additionally, we have a vending machine for drinks.

We hope that you had a great autumn and that the winter is off to a great start and we wish you a happy new year and hope to see you at the Montreal in 2014.

Rob Gregor

Been to Motel Montreal? Share your experiences!