“very nice chocie” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Trainer,Pa
“very nice chocie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I just spent three nights here and we were very happy the accomadations. our rooms was clean and quite comfortable and all the staff were friendly and welcoming. We picked this property based on reviews here and must say it was right on target. when we checked in on Thursday the woman at the desk let us know that by the weekend they expected a full house so stake out our parking spot early. That was the one drawback. Parking is tight. We did all our exploring out of town early and once we parked the car on Friday we did not move until we left Sunday. We had a blast and had we discovered the kayaks earlier we would have taken advantage on them. We were here during Oktoberfest and everthing was an easy walk downtown. Had a great time and would stay again. Since this is a small hotel you do hear some noise from other rooms but not enough that it kept us awake or bothered us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my wife and two boys. We like to visit Lake George every year for a "mini" vacation late in the summer and have stayed in numerous hotels in the area. From now on we will be staying here. For a reasonable price you get a very clean room and great location only steps away from downtown. We also took advantage of the kayaks that the hotel offers free to its guests, as well as the gas grill and picnic benches overlooking the lake (also free to use). Finally, the owner and staff are extremely friendly and accomodating. Looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and three of my grandchildren, and this place is wonderful! The decor is very rustic, just the way I had hoped it would be! The room was very clean, looked recently renovated and updated, and the whole outside of the buildings was covered with flower boxes spilling over with gorgeous flowers! The management was very accommodating to give us a needed air mattress, and extra towels. The pool was large and lovely, overlooking Lake George. There was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the main office at all times. Everything was in walking distance from here. There were fireworks on the lake one evening, and management brought in an Ice Cream Truck for all of the guests to have a complimentary treat! Nothing bad to say about this motel........go here! :)

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need, they are very accommodating!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hello fellow advisers,

I went to Lake George on a motorcycle ride this last weekend. The Adirondacks are worth a visit at this time of the year, it is less crowded and simply lovely.
There is plenty of choice in Lake George if you are looking for a hotel/motel room. I chose this motel obviously because of the good pricing and the high ranking on our beloved TripAdvisor.
Most if not all that you will read about the motel is true.
It is located in the village
It is between main street and the lake
My room was super clean albeit somewhat dated ( it is a motel in an old tourist spot)
Staff was very friendly

Overall I was pleased with my stay and would recommend it to others. As a constructive criticism, here are some food for thoughts:
Room is small
Bathroom was extremely tight. I could barely sit on the toilet and I am not THAT large.
As an older building, the sound proofing is quite weak. I had lousy neighbours who talked loud until after 1am. That made my night of sleep below average. It's part of the game some would say and I must agree.

Finally, judging by what I could observe from the street, most if not all other motels and hotels are in a similar condition age-wise. It is a summer spot after all.

With all that in mind, one could appreciate the fair price and cleanliness of the Lake Motel.

But you be the judge of that!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location, bargain price, clean, new HD TV, friendly staff, I was travelling thru on my motorcycle and can see why it 'a rated so high, not the Ritz but everything a mom & pop motel can be and more.

• Stayed September 2013
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We chose this motel to be within walking distance of downtown Lake George.The room was clean and the bed comfortable.We were on the end with windows overlooking the pool and lake.It was fine because it was chilly so no one was swimming so there wasn't a noise issue.Since there is no smoking in the rooms ,guests are encouraged to smoke down by the lake or by the pool.That includes a table right under our window. If people were sitting below our window talking and smoking we would have left the hotel.So I would suggest to the hotel to remove the smoking from the pool area for the comfort of all of the non-smoking guests.So if you stay in the warmer months and noise is an issue I would not stay near the pool.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool if noise and smoking bother you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at the Lake Motel from Sept 13-16th. We called the day before to confirm check-in and the the wonderful gentleman who answered the phone said if we call them that evening and its still vacant we'd be able to check in anytime we want the following day! I thought that was not only rare but so nice of them! Check in was a breeze and we were well informed about the goings on and best places to eat, room deliveries etc.. Our room was on the first floor (19) it was small, very clean and the bathroom was comfortably spacious. Bed was a bit uncomfortable, mattresses could use updating.

My husband was a smoker so having a little table outside with chair and ashtray was great! View of the lake was a short walk down the end of our balcony. From our room we could hear the Minnie Ha Ha tooting in the lake and we were able to take advantage of primo seats for the fireworks on the lake Saturday night.

On Saturday night Lake Motel offered its guest a great catered bbq from a nearby restaurant for a very reasonable price.

Parking is a bit tight but manageable.

Room Tip: Higher the room number, closer to lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lake Motel? Share your experiences!