“Great location & very clean!” 4 of 5 stars

Lake Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   380 Canada St., Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #5 of 88 hotels in Lake George
Falls Village, Connecticut
“Great location & very clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We go to Lake George several times a year & have stayed at many different hotels there. We stayed a couple nights recently at Lake Motel and although the view from our room wasn't great, the room was very clean, quiet and a good price for Lake George Village. Nice pool where you can look out at the Lake, very pleasant staff, and nice extras you usually find at much larger hotels. Great location in the Village, so easy to walk to everything. We will go back to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in July, the room was decent and clean, however the bathroom vanity was small and inconveniently located behind a door, there was only 3 small drawers for storage and only 3 hangers. The beds were a little hard. The parking is very tight but there is always a space.
The upsides to this place are the location,( walking distance to beaches, parks, main street, attractions,boutiques and arcades and some really decent little places to eat) Thursday nights there are fireworks over the lake and the view is fantastic from the hotel. The best part of this hotel is the view of the lake and mountains from the pool. You also have a deck on the lake where you can access the water and feed the ducks. There are balconies at the end of every level with tables and chairs where you can eat your meals and have a wonderful view of the lake.

NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The village of Lake George is vey touristy and peppered with cheesy motels and not-so-great restaurants. I would recommend driving 10 min up the western side of the lake to Bolten for hotels and restaurants. We stayed at the Lake Motel and the people were super nice there and the rooms were neat and clean. Bathrooms also looked like they may have been recently redone, which is nice. However, the price was a little high for what it is. $140 for a "lake view" when you are really looking out onto a driveway and other building and staying in a true motel.

Room Tip: It is a two-level motel, so I would ask for a room on the upper level so that you don't have the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Well like I said last year I went back again and believe it or not it was even better. Steve and his wife are no longer just owners of this beautiful motel they are now my friends. Well I felt like that last year. Shannon who comes on in the afternoon is like a search engine. Ask a question you get an answer. Where to eat, where to shop and she also knows all the discounts. My husband and I went up for out 20th anniversary this year and Steve, Paul, (the captain of the boat) knew we were going to redo our vows. (Lake Motel has its own boat for island excursions). Better than the 1st wedding. . We took the excursion to our own private island and spent the day there after the captain re-married us. What a beautiful experience. On Thursday when Lake George usually has fireworks it was raining, Steve stayed on the radio to give updates like every 15 minutes while his wife Georgina gave out tickets for the ice cream truck in the rain no less. Fire works went off and it was great. Right from the deck of our hotel was the best seat and free while others places like restaurants charge you. Would I go again?You bet. I'm thinking of Sept. for the changing of the leaves and picking apples.It is still beautiful that time of year. Met a lot of great people we became friends with, The lake was extremely inviting and the ducks let us share the lake with them. Room was great and clean. My husband and I felt very safe leaving door open while on lake or in the heated pool. You can't beat the rates, especially when you book on Canada Street. The staff couldn"t do enough for you. I started to feel guilty lol. Hey I was on vacation. If anyone has a complaint with this place I would love them to contact me. Maybe they were new to Lake Geroge. I have been going to Lake Geroge for the past 23 years. Stayed at a lot of places but I have to tell you, Lake Motel is the place to go when you want clean rooms, have fun and relax at the same time. The friendly staff and owners who take time to greet and know their guests plus great pricesOh! Cant forget Edry, morning receptionist. Always has a hot pot of coffee for you. Not done, give her a second and wait. Coffee, better than Dunkin Donuts. Do I love this place? You bet I do. Anywhere else just won't feel like home.

Room Tip: Four people, parents and kids take 15A. Private room. Love birds ask Shannon. She's the one to h...
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is our second stay here and we'd go again! The rooms are clean and the staff is awesome and the rates so reasonable! It was such a relaxing stay!! You have the option of a pool with lots of chairs or a lower deck on the lake which is quiet and so enjoyable. The lake is clean and shallow allowing you to go in for a swim if you wish. The hotel provides bbq's in the event that their guests wish to cook their own meals. The motel is within walking distance to all of the town's attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is our third stay at the Lake Motel and I already cant wait to go back. The staff is very attentive to their guests and most of all, I love the cleanliness of the facilities. I felt very safe and comfortable in my room. I highly recommend anyone visiting Lake George to stay here. The rates are also great. Thank you for yet another great trip by the Lake.

Hisan Deen

Room Tip: any room you stay in will accomodate your needs.
East Rockaway, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently took our 3 children away for a long weekend. We wanted to stay in a clean, safe enviornment where we would only be sleeping and showering. We did not want to be entertained at the motel when there are so many activities in Lake George, many of them walking distance of the Motel and we found exactly what we were looking for. I also found the staff to be kind and friendly. Immediately, I was happy with Edrie who took my reservation weeks before and was there to greet me after my long car ride. While I was there Shannon who worked the opposite shift became a friend. She went out of her way to make me at home. I won't say it's the fanciest place you can go, however, its like staying with family who made all the events and needs of my family a "piece of cake". I have already recommended it to my friends.... Thank you Shannon and Edrie.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lake Motel? Share your experiences!