“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buffalo, NY
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Recently stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel has a great lobby with a large stone fireplace. It is conveniently located off of Route 9 - setback from the road in a nicely landscaped / wooded area. The bed was very comfortable. There is a nice indoor pool with a whirlpool. The fitness center was not too large but had acequeate space and equipment for a workout. The staff was very friendly. We had a minor maintenace issue that was addressed immediately by the staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed at Hampton Inn at Lake George last July 3, 2010 with my family. I only booked for 1 night since we just happened to pass by .The next morning ,my family decided to stay for another night to watch the fireworks,so I called the front desk who rudely and hastily told me that our room was booked already and we have to leave by 11 am. He did not even bother to check the computer if there's another available room nor offer us .When I checked out, I found out that the night person,booked me for 2 nights. We could just have stayed there and not waste our time packing to another hotel.Anyway,the hotel we moved was much nicer and have more friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Watertown, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Lake George for one night, on a business trip, on 6/28/2010.

Check-in was super-speedy. I'd booked our room online, and we didn't even have to fill out one of those pesky forms with our license plate number. I just signed a piece of paper and we got our key cards. The attendant was efficient, although she seemed somewhat bored behind the desk.

"We don't have Wi-Fi in the rooms, only in the lobby, but we do provide an ethernet cord in your room," she told us, before rattling off the pool hours. "The business center and fitness center are open 24 hours,"she added. (Wish I'd known that ahead of time. I would have brought my sneakers for an early morning workout!)

We stayed in Room 322. I was worried that it might be noisy, as it was the first room right around the corner from the elevators, but no problem there. The room, a non-smoking with two Queen beds was clean and tidy. Some of the features were: a (I'm guesstimating) 32-inch TV, a mini fridge, full-size ironing board with steam iron (although there was enough counter space that I didn't need to unfold the cumbersome board), a really spacious computer desk with a comfy "pleather" swivel chair, modern clock radio and more.The closet was small and the door would not close all the way. The view out of our window was beautiful... lush green trees, boulders and flowers. The decor was tasteful, including the two framed photographs of local nature scenes.

The bathroom appeared clean, but smelled musty. It was very noticeable and unpleasant. I sniffed the towels and they smelled fine, so I have no idea what it was!

It had been a long travel day, and we needed coffee badly. Rather than brew a cup of the Joe provided in our room, we went down to the lounge we'd passed on the way in. Happily, free hot coffee and tea is available anytime you want it! I highly recommend the Robust Blend coffee, accurately described as "an eye opener." We sat at a booth by the window, where we gazed at the mountains in the distance.

After we returned from the awards banquet we were in town for, we realized we had a little problem; we had pale ale, but no bottle opener! My husband went down to ask for one and they said they had no such thing on the premises. HELLOOOO.... There is a FULL BAR downstairs! They just didn't want to get one for us!

The beds were incredibly comfortable and we got a much-needed restful night's sleep!!

Free hot breakfast is served starting at 6AM. We were there, bright and early at 6:15. More of that yummy Robust Blend for starters! Hot choices included scrambled eggs, bacon and French toast sticks. The scrambled eggs were more like "crumbled eggs," very dry, with a crumbly consistency. There are hot cereals available, as well as healthy choices like lowfat yogurt and a variety of fresh fruit. For your sweet tooth, they've got muffins. They also offer small bagels and the one thing that I guarantee was homemade: thick slices of whole grain bread. That bread made for some great toast, the best part of the meal. Orange juice was definitely not fresh-squeezed and very watered-down.

Check out was simple. Gave the desk clerk our key cards. "Was everything alright?" he asked. ""Great," I said, trying to push the bottle opener out of my mind.

BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS HOTEL: Comfy beds, free hot breakfast, mini fridge in room, clean, great views & 24 hour fitness center.

WORST THINGS ABOUT THIS HOTEL: Staff could be a little more polite and attentive to guests' needs. And then there's that smelly bathroom...

WOULD I STAY HERE AGAIN? Maybe. Price is okay and I like the amenities. But there are so many hotels/ motels in downtown Lake George, I could very well be tempted to try another, if the price and the customer reviews were right.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
mrichner, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Dear Cricket975,

My name is Melinda Richner, Sales Manager, at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Lake George, NY. Thank you so much for your feedback and pictures that you have posted! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We strive every day to provide the best service and accommodations that our travelers and Hampton have come to expect. We know that there are a lot of choices out there for accommodations and we truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay while you were in the Lake George area.

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please know that our staff does appreciate each and every guest and work very hard to ensure a pleasant stay for all. We have brought the issues to the attention of the appropriate departments and, have since, purchased additional bottle openers for guest use to avoid such an inconvenience again in the future and fixed the drainage issue to eliminate the bathroom odor.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will consider us again the next time your travels bring you back to the Lake George area. If you do return to Lake George, please contact me personally and we will make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your stay.

Have a great day and remember….at Hampton, we love having you here!!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel served it's purpose well. Was staying overnight to break up a long drive from Canada. Clean, updated, comfortable rooms. Free breakfast. I didn't use them, but there's a pool and fitness room. Overall, pretty nice. Wouldn't recommend for a romantic getaway, but good for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
mrichner, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Dear mmuller2,

My name is Melinda Richner, Sales Manager, at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Lake George, NY. Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We strive every day to provide the best service and accommodations that our travelers and Hampton have come to expect. We know that there are a lot of choices out there for accommodations and we truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay while you were in the Lake George area.

Have a great day and remember….at Hampton, we love having you here!!

Melinda Richner
Sales Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites Lake George
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I must say that I don't typically stay in roadside hotels with quick access to the highway which this was. We were taking a trip to Montreal and this was a little more than half way to our destination. The hotel is ok but but nowhere close to the money that we were charged, $169 a night, but it was for one night and it was last minute. This is a hotel that should be $89-$119.
The rooms were not more than just basic surface clean if you did not look too hard or you need classes you might not see the fingerprints on all of the furniture or the pee on the toilet.
The beds were good as were the pillows and that is important to me. I did sleep so maybe that is what counts but I did expect a better hotel for the money. It just needs a room renovation....maybe dingy is the word.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Asheville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

The physical facilities at this Hampton Inn & Suites are very nice, probably a little above the chain average.

However, my personal gripe is that I didn't receive the standard little "extras" usually provide to Diamond Hilton Honors members (those who stay in Hilton properties 60 or more nights a year or in at least 28 different Hilton properties in the calendar year).

I received no recognition as a Diamond -- no upgrade, no newspaper, no welcome gift, no smiling welcome.

No big deal really, but I wonder if elite level Hilton Honors members are ignored, how do they treat casual guests?

The hotel seems to spend more time promoting the nearby Carl R's restaurant, which I understand is owned by the person who owns this hotel, than in taking care of guests.

--Lan Sluder

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed over 2 nights during the Labor Day weekend and it was a very convenient location. The rooms were decent and clean; front desk was very courteous and helpful even though you can tell they're each doing multiple tasks. It's about 5 minutes drive to the village and 10 minutes to Great Escape/outlets. Pirates mini golf next door. The hotel is situated up the hill, so it's quiet. Pool and hot tub was ok, functional. The best part is the free breakfast that comes with it. There's a good selection, 3 hot buffet and cold items, great way to start the day ... they were constantly replenishing the buffet trays even close to 10:00 am when buffet closes and they kept the area pretty clean. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend w/o hesitation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!