“Good pub food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
New York
“Good pub food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We ordered the Meatloaf. Yum! The Guinness bread was outstanding. I asked for more to take with me. The sad thing is, they are in their final year.They are tearing the building down and building a Marriott. I hope they relocate!!!

Visited June 2013

Glens Falls, NY
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I absolutely love this place. The atmosphere is so inviting. I would recommend turning up the lighting a little, because it is admittedly too dim. However, working next door to the pub, the staff, myself included, would order almost daily. We could always count on getting fresh, excellent meals, from their soups, to their sandwiches, fries, and of course beer! They would always bring our food over which was a plus. I wish I could remember the girls name who I became particularly friendly with. She was the absolute sweetest and John, the owner, is SO genuine. I would absolutely recommend Barleycorn to any person, from a family going for lunch, to a couple going to have some drinks and watch some sports. These people are SO sweet, the food is great, the drinks are perfect. I love Barleycorn! I also loved how you could sit inside at a table, at the bar or outside on the patio. The atmosphere was at your fingertips.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carle Place, New York
“Once again, OUTSTANDING FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We took a last minute weekend trip up to Lake George , NY and ate at several of the restaurants that were still operational. Once again, I have to say, John Barleycorn's Pub had OUTSTANDING FOOD. Staffing was a bit slow. As the "off season " settles in the help return to college, etc. I "understand " that , others don't . A slight wait of a few minutes isn't gonna affect me, and it actually gives us more time to chat.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brewster, New York
“service slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

one bar tender made good irish coffees the other one didn't
no shepards pie available. service was very slow even though there weren't very many customers there

Visited September 2012
Carle Place, New York
“OUTSTANDING FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

In a word, OUTSTANDING !!!

We were up at lake George this past week. We ate at John Barleycorns 4 times. The food was excellent each and every time. They had a meatloaf dinner that was the very best I have ever had. The steaks, salad and stews where GREAT.

The bartender was friendly and because of his banter, we came back for dinner. And as mentioned above , we came back 4 times becasue the food was great. I thought the prices reasonable too.

If this place was close to home, I'd be eating there every week. I'll be back again next April / May making final arrangments for a lake george wedding, and I will surely be stopping here again.

• Visited September 2012